NameSilo

advice New GTLD's

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Roshaw

Established Member
Impact
New to the Domain World and was interested in just doing something w/ my time learning something new. Friend knew I wanted to start a Christian Clothing Line and needed a logo, website, and register a domain. I was looking around for some place to register my domain name for my company. My domain name is tripgwow.gdn so I do want to know where I can get a good hosting company, design for my logo, and web services? Any advice, hookups, or logo artist that can lead me in the right direction?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
should have got a .com
I have tripgwow.com also. I wanted to make sure no one gets my domain. LOL! Shall we say PROTECTION..

•••
•••
•••
You know someone that does logo design?

•••
•••
•••
I have tripgwow.com also. I wanted to make sure no one gets my domain. LOL! Shall we say PROTECTION..
I understand the need for defensive registrations but since you have the .com why bother. There are hundreds of strings and quite frankly .gdn should be among the worst and least desirable. Unless you are a huge corporation with lawyers on a retainer, it's almost impossible to cover all extensions due to the costs, overhead and complications.

•••
Go for tripgwow.top and the problem is solved.

Why?
Because at the end no other TLD can top a TLD called .top haha that's the simple truth in these days.

As long as you own the .top version of your domain name it doesn't matter if or how many other versions of it are taken - because you own the .top version.

Last edited:
•••
Go for tripgwow.top and the problem is solved.

Why?
Because at the end no other TLD can top a TLD called .top haha that's the simple truth in these days.

As long as you own the .top version of your domain name it doesn't matter if or how many other versions of it are taken - because you own the .top version.

The Top suggestion, or shall I say the toppest, or topmost? The Top registry should topup your bank account on top priority for the top favour you are doing them in topping up their tld wherever possible. Another top punchline for your top canvasses:
Imagine what the new gtld scenario will be without the top extension - just topless :xf.wink:

•••
.top simply gives clear orientation in the 'new TLD chaos', it's the 'rock in the seas' of new TLDs.

•••
I understand the need for defensive registrations but since you have the .com why bother. There are hundreds of strings and quite frankly .gdn should be among the worst and least desirable. Unless you are a huge corporation with lawyers on a retainer, it's almost impossible to cover all extensions due to the costs, overhead and complications.
I understand the need for defensive registrations but since you have the .com why bother. There are hundreds of strings and quite frankly .gdn should be among the worst and least desirable. Unless you are a huge corporation with lawyers on a retainer, it's almost impossible to cover all extensions due to the costs, overhead and complications.[/QUOT

.GDN was catchy because it represented Global Domain Name. I would like my clothing line to reach EVERYWHERE so I assumed Global Domain Name would provide that. Plus .com has been around since dinosaurs, something new might be better. Just a thought

•••
Hey if you like .gdn go for it, I like it too. Not sure what your name means but if it has meaning to you that's all that matters. If you market the domain/Website people will visit it whether .com, .gdn or whatever.

As for logo's there's 20dollarbanners.com and the Admin here also has a logo site. As for hosting and site it really depends on whether you want to build it yourself, or hire it to be done.

it would be cheaper to build it yourself, using a site builder just to test the waters and if you have success then hire a pro to build the site and find a cheap hosting provider.

I can't think of the name of the Website but there is a site where you can go and list what you want done and people will bid around the globe for the job. I did this a few years ago and had a very complex Website and back end system built.

Good luck..

•••
.gdn looks bad one of the worst gtlds for me..... if ur business is Christian Clothing retail ...consider .store coming out next month...

•••
What does tripgwow mean?
It looks like a gibberish - I doubt your potential consumers will remember or even understand it.
And I'm pretty sure that no one in the history of the universe would ever think about registering it in .gdn
It's a crappy, pointless extension - I doubt it will ever take off and I would suggest avoiding it as a investment.

•••
Sine the op registered tripgwow it is assumed he knows what it is. As for the extension, be it .com or any other tld, country level tld or new gtld, the extension doesn't matter to anyone (both human and robots), what matters is a good website with relevant contents.
Go ahead @Roshaw.

•••
.gdn looks bad one of the worst gtlds for me..... if ur business is Christian Clothing retail ...consider .store coming out next month...
Thanks. I will once business build to store selling level.

•••
What does tripgwow mean?
It looks like a gibberish - I doubt your potential consumers will remember or even understand it.
And I'm pretty sure that no one in the history of the universe would ever think about registering it in .gdn
It's a crappy, pointless extension - I doubt it will ever take off and I would suggest avoiding it as a investment.

TripGWow- is a acronym for Giving God Glory thru Words of Wisdom. Its a Christian Clothing Line that I created to basically Thank the Lord for what he has done for me and giving back the Wisdom that allowed me to make it through life to others.

•••
What does tripgwow mean?

Now is it still gibberish LOL?! Don't be so quick to judge.

•••
Now is it still gibberish LOL?! Don't be so quick to judge.
Sorry it still doesn't make sense...
Wouldn't that be GGGTWOW? What is "trip" doing there?

You know what - it doesn't really matter. If you like it - good for you. The question was about .gdn (and nGTLDs) - I think there's no point in spending money on defensive registrations in any new extension (especially gdn)

•••
I would use "tripleg" or "3g". You have stiff competition from Gsus if we are talking about divine clothing.....

•••
Ah, so it's triple - I thought it had something to do with travel - you know, "go on a trip"
It's pretty confusing domain (and very long name) for a store.

•••
Ah, so it's triple - I thought it had something to do with travel - you know, "go on a trip"
It's pretty confusing domain (and very long name) for a store.
Yes indeed, I couldnt make anything of the name until he explained the meaning. That doesnt have to be a problem as long as it sounds nice.
Maybe: D'vine jeans ?

•••
I would use "tripleg" or "3g". You have stiff competition from Gsus if we are talking about divine clothing.....
Trip G Wow is just a short version. I want people to have to ask what it means. That is whats going to draw your interest to me for explanation. My dba is 3GWow. Trip is just short for Triple.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back