IT.COM

No fees for pre-registrations for any available .eu domains.

Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Internet.bs Offers New .eu Domain Names
17th March 2006
Customers can register .eu domains with no pre-registration fees and do not have to wait till the .eu domains go public on April 7, 2006.

Internet.bs Corp(the name is precious)., an accredited EURid registrar, recently announced no fees for pre-registrations for any available .eu domains.

The company says that the race for space is on as .com followers line up for the new offering of .eu domains set to go public on April 7, 2006, but its customers don't have to wait till then to get their domain name. It's a unique opportunity for individuals and businesses to acquire new and valuable .eu Internet domains from the first day.

Landrush (Phase 3) is now open to all seeking to acquire a new .eu domain name. There will be neither auctions nor competition between customers. Each claimant is placed in an individual slot. If different entities claim the same name, the order in which claims are received by the registry will prevail.

Marco Rinaudo, Internet.bs CEO, said, "We believe in the potential of .eu domains and we are making it as easy as possible for our customers to obtain their own domain name from the first day. Profits are not our major concern; we are delighted to help our customers to be participants in a new digital revolution and to be part of a fundamental step forward in the Internet world." Source: Webhosting.info

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Correct me if I'm wrong here, but according to what I read you have to be a citizen of that country or have a business there.???

•••
Clueless said:
Correct me if I'm wrong here, but according to what I read you have to be a citizen of that country or have a business there.???
I can’t correct you but I can remind you that there are a large number of .us domain name owners who don’t live within the US boarders and are not nor have they ever been a US citizen which is also a requirement.

Best wishes,
Kimmy

•••
Wondering why they allowed free pre registration, i signed up as well and they didnt ask any payment details or any thing, their interface is simple and user friendly but is it their motive to see what is general public`s trend towards specific names and may be grab them themself with some other registrar status ? I am trying to say nothing is free so why are they offering complete free registration.( my un educated comment)

•••
zehrila said:
Wondering why they allowed free pre registration, i signed up as well and they didnt ask any payment details or any thing, their interface is simple and user friendly but is it their motive to see what is general public`s trend towards specific names and may be grab them themself with some other registrar status ? I am trying to say nothing is free so why are they offering complete free registration.( my un educated comment)

I wouldn’t call that uneducated at all. I too have my concerns about the company and I thought about them prior to posting this because I’m still not convinced of quality of service since I don’t have any knowledge of satisfied customers.

I can state that they are an accredited EURid registrar but for some further confirmation about the company I have contacted them and I’m alerting them to this thread and will update it as soon as I receive a reply.

Best regards,
Kimmy

•••
Thank you to Kimmy for inviting me.

I am Marco Rinaudo, Internet.bs Corp. CEO and I will be pleased to answer all your questions.

First of all, let me confirm, that since the 15 March all our .eu pre-registrations are absolutely free. We only charge 11 EUROs for annual maintenance ONLY after successful registration on the 7th April (Landrush day), of course if we don't manage to register a specific domain there will be no charge at all.

Here a list of conditions one has to meet in order to be eligible to be the Registrant (owner) of a .eu domain:

1) undertakings having their registered office, central administration or
principal place of business within the European Community;
2) organisations established within the European Community without
prejudice to the application of national law;
3) natural persons resident within the European Community.

We are not restricting users from creating an account or from pre-registering domains, since a pre-registration could be made on behalf of a third party and there is no law forbidding it. However before submitting a domain to the Registry (EURid), a valid EU registrant contact has to be provided, meeting one of the above mentioned criterias. We understood that some of our customers for privacy reason decided to create an EU company just for the purpose of holding domain names, while some are using a family member or a friend.

It is not my intention to make this post a commercial one, however somebody mentioned about our reputation, I just wanted to point out we are an ICANN accredited registrar as well, since 2004, and I know you all understand an ICANN accreditation is not an automatic operation and technical skills and financial backup are needed. I would not hide we are a relatively young company since we were incorporated at the beginnning of 2004. However I personally obtained as CEO a previous ICANN accreditation for my former company in France in the late '90 when .com competition was open (you can make a search on ICANN website to find my former company if you really want to know).

I'll try to answer all subsequent questions as quick as possible.

Thanks again for the invitation.

•••
Thanks for replying and clearing doubts . I got one more question to ask n that is where do you find your self among all those 500-600 registrars How efficient and fast is your system as there would be race between 600 registrars and fittest ones will get the names, since you are allowing free pre registration i believe there would be huge load of applications in your system, queues would be going far beyond 1000-2000 domains in that case huge load on system which might would cause delay in that scenario do you think you would have decent or average success rate ?( I asked similar question to every registrar i applied with)
at the end i do admit i like your interface its pretty much user friendly up on that you can check 100 domains at a single time thats NEAT.
Peace

•••
Zehrila you are absolutely right.
Note however our systems are able to send much more requests than what the Registry is allowing us to do, so basically we are self limiting us in order not to exceed limits imposed by the Registry, the load itself is not really a problem for us.

The Registry is only accepting up to 5 syn/sec per Registrar and only one working EPP session at once, once a session is closed we can try to open a new one and during a session we are allowed to register only a single domain.

It would be incorrect to say we are able to do better than others, in fact the true limitation is not coming from our abilities or our competitors' abilities but rather from constraints imposed by the Registry (EURid), as a consequence this will make the registration result as random as possible, at least this is what the Registry is hoping...

Since pre-registration is free, why one would not try it? We are not asking any exclusivity to our customers, so they can submit the same pre-registration using our system and using our competitors systems...

Please feel free to ask and thanks for the compliments.

•••
•••
greggish said:
Do you accept paypal?

We are able to accept Paypal since we have an account ready for this.
However this is not yet integrated with our automatic processing system .

We are currently processing all transactions using WorldPay in order to obtain a better credit card discount rate and offer a lower price to our customers.

If you have to make a large payment (> 10 domains) we can arrange to manually process it using Paypal, 2Checkout, Wire Transfer, Check and of course WorldPay.

Note we make almost no profit, since from the 11 EUROs we charge (ONLY for successfully registered domains), 10 are for the Registry (EURid). As a consequence we cannot afford to manually process small payments.

I hope this can help.

FYI:

We are now about to send an email to all our customers asking to provide payment instructions for successfully registered domains. In the same email we also confirm and explain that no payment will be taken in advance, we only charge 11 EUROs/year AFTER successfully registering a domain.

If your are interested to the full email text, please just ask and I'll be pleased to post it here.

•••
Hi,

I now have an account with you and was wondering when it says "first place" does that mean i am the first person to pre reg it with your company or all together and nobody else has pre regged it.

Just so i'm sure thats all.

Thanks.

•••
I am so confused. What if i do want to pay with paypal...Must i set up this "world account"

•••
moneyraker said:
Hi,

I now have an account with you and was wondering when it says "first place" does that mean i am the first person to pre reg it with your company or all together and nobody else has pre regged it.

Just so i'm sure thats all.

Thanks.

The "first place" is related to our local Landrush pre-registration queue, basically it is a confirmation we only accept one pre-registration per domain.

As you can guess, the same domain could be pre-registered by different Registars. There is no way for us to check all our competitors pre-registrations queues. On the other hand we check in real-time if the domain is still available at the Registry level (i.e. no pending Sunrise applications). If the domain is "unavailable" at the Registry level, we automatically mark it as "taken".

Thanks to you.

damitssam said:
I am so confused. What if i do want to pay with paypal...Must i set up this "world account"

WorldPay is a credit card processor, you do NOT need an account with them to pay using your debit/credit card, just your card number and details and that's all.

As previously stated, if you have a relatively large number of domains (min. 10) we can manually handle your applications and arrange an alternative payment method, which means you do not have to worry about WorldPay anylonger.

•••
Yes this is wonderful but by no means unique. There is another registrar(also EURID APPROVED) who has been handling .EU registrations on excactly this same basis. I did post this here about 2 months ago or so and posted a link to that company but no-one here bothered to reply or comment and I thought perhaps no-one here is interested. Also very user friendly set-up and the price is the same. Only difference being that once you have entered your names with them you must download those names(pre-offer document) print it out, sign and date it and either send it to them by mail or fax for confirmation. Works great and I have been regging names with them for the past 2 months now. All 186 of my names are in no1 position in their queue. I also did those same names again with the registrar mentioned at the start of this thread for an even better chance.

Last edited:
•••
I am happy we are not the only one doing so.
Competition is always good for end users/consumers.
Lets hope this can help .eu domains to take off as we beleive.

•••
first up, welcome to NP's Marco..

I have 500 .eu domains pre-ordered with yourselves... My only confusion is the latest "please pay via this [i guess affiliate link] worldpay" email i just got...

Is there any other means by which to pay for pre-reg domains??

•••
Badger said:
first up, welcome to NP's Marco..

I have 500 .eu domains pre-ordered with yourselves... My only confusion is the latest "please pay via this [i guess affiliate link] worldpay" email i just got...

Is there any other means by which to pay for pre-reg domains??

Hi Badger!

as per my previous post, for users with more than 10 domains pre-registrations we can accomodate other payments options. Note that WorldPay is not an affiliate program, but simply our credit card processor. The advantage of WorldPay/FuturePay is that we can charge your credit card ONLY after successful registration of your domains on the 7th April and NEVER in advance. This is the only method we know so far that is allowing us to be sure we will get the payment and at the same time not charging our customers in advance.

If you prefer to use another payment method, you are welcome.

Please send an email to registrations AT internet.bs and we will send you the Wire Transfer instructions. We can also accomodate payments with PayPal, 2Checkout and check (as long as it is cleared before the 7th April).

•••
I think the offer o internet.bs is pretty fair, of course their queue must be quite long at this time, bu5t they're taking no-charge for "trying" to register a name, while many other registars ask 2 euros (non refundable in case of failure) for doing it.
I didn't really understand the payment with paypal option, wich would be really good. What if, for istance, i pre-register 50 names, and inernet.bs gets them all. I guess that at the moment thereìs an automatic process that charges the fee from the credit card for each name successfully registered on 7th april. How the paypal payment would be menaged?
I also have a question about .eu landrush: If a domain name is currently in "application pending", but who registered it during the sunrise forget to send the documents before the deadline or the documents have been rejected, then is that name considered "available" on 7th April or not?

•••
ilcesco said:
I think the offer o internet.bs is pretty fair, of course their queue must be quite long at this time, bu5t they're taking no-charge for "trying" to register a name, while many other registars ask 2 euros (non refundable in case of failure) for doing it.
I didn't really understand the payment with paypal option, wich would be really good. What if, for istance, i pre-register 50 names, and inernet.bs gets them all. I guess that at the moment thereìs an automatic process that charges the fee from the credit card for each name successfully registered on 7th april. How the paypal payment would be menaged?
I also have a question about .eu landrush: If a domain name is currently in "application pending", but who registered it during the sunrise forget to send the documents before the deadline or the documents have been rejected, then is that name considered "available" on 7th April or not?

The only option we really promote is a pseudo payment called FuturePay which is a special feature offered by WorldPay (our credit card processor), allowing to securely collect credit card details and charge our customers only for sucessfully registered domains on the 7th April.
If one of our customers for whichever reason doens't like this option (FuturePay) we under specific conditions (at least 10 domains) allow an alternative way to pay for annual maintenance fee. Unfortunately if one opts for an alternative way he has to pay upfront and we will have to refund money in case of unsucessfull registration. Again we do not wish to collect money in advance, we think it is cumbersome and useless, that's why we strongly encourage our customers to use our default option which is FuturePay (you provide your payment details and we use them ONLY after sucessful registration).

About your second question, the Registry (EURid) sent a notice to all Registrars, here a summary of it:

"Domain names applied for during Sunrise for which applications have
expired or been rejected are not automatically available from the start of
Landrush on April 7.
After Landrush, at some point before the end of June, EURid will make the
following domain names available:
- Domain names for which the Sunrise applications have expired.
- Domain names applied for during Sunrise for which there is no more
validation to do and all applications for that domain name were rejected or
expired and the 40 days of quarantine have passed.
A list of these domain names and the date of their release will be announced
at least two weeks in advance.
Later this process will be repeated for those domain names which haven’t
expired yet or haven’t passed the 40-day quarantine when the first release
of “Sunrise names” is done. EURid plans to release available domain names
from the Sunrise period on a number of occasions until all domain names
applied for during Sunrise are released."

Hope this can help.

•••
Are those names then going to be allocated to the person who first applied for that name in the landrush and is first in the queue of the first registrar in the queue or will they have another landrush for those names again and people will have to apply again from scratch.

•••
binaryman said:
Are those names then going to be allocated to the person who first applied for that name in the landrush and is first in the queue of the first registrar in the queue or will they have another landrush for those names again and people will have to apply again from scratch.

We are not accepting pre-registrations for domains for which a Sunrise application was made. Unless you were able to pre-register it before the current pending Sunrise application, you will have to submit a new pre-registration before the Registry will release the above mentioned domains. We will inform our customers about this opportunity whenever the Registry will provide the related information.

•••
Hi, I have noticed that in your TOS you have these so called "Premium Names", which you will not let go for 11 euros. Are 2 character .eu's part of the "Premium Name"? I ordered around 100-200 with you.

Thanks,
Sam

•••
I also noticed this - I got the impression that this was charged before you commit to buying the domains with the FuturePay option.

I did however notice that in my request list there was one 3 letter domain (which is also a word) and instead of having the status "Futurepay#XXXXXXXX" (like all the others) it said "Calculating..." I guess this means that it is a "premium name" and a cost is currently being decided. If it is then I'd like to know how much I need to pay if the name is successfully registered for me - I really don't want a nasty shock when it comes to payment.

•••
SJM211 said:
I also noticed this - I got the impression that this was charged before you commit to buying the domains with the FuturePay option.

I did however notice that in my request list there was one 3 letter domain (which is also a word) and instead of having the status "Futurepay#XXXXXXXX" (like all the others) it said "Calculating..." I guess this means that it is a "premium name" and a cost is currently being decided. If it is then I'd like to know how much I need to pay if the name is successfully registered for me - I really don't want a nasty shock when it comes to payment.

No there is absolutely no immediate charge with FuturePay, you can check your credit card statement on-line, I am positive 100%.

About your second question, I can also confirm that since the 15 March all our pre-registrations are free, the "calculating..." message is a "reminder of the past" and there will be no bad surprise at all, I already asked my tech. team to fix it for you immediately, just have a look to your account again and it should show "OK" or "FREE". If it is not the case send an email to registrations AT internet.bs and provide us the domain showing "calculating..." and we will fix it immediately.

damitssam said:
Hi, I have noticed that in your TOS you have these so called "Premium Names", which you will not let go for 11 euros. Are 2 character .eu's part of the "Premium Name"? I ordered around 100-200 with you.

Thanks,
Sam

If you pre-registered after the 15th March whichever domain was available is/was automatically set FREE and not considered as Premium (so nothing to pay). If you ordered before, a corresponding premium fee is shown aside your Premium domain, if there was no fee shown or if it was shown "FREE" or "OK", there is nothing to pay. Our interface is showing immediately if you have something to pay or not and again from the 15th March, all our pre-registration are absolutely free, you only pay the annual maintenance fee after successful registration on the 7th April.

•••
Thanks for your fast response.

Final Question:

Will you charge my bank in ONE HUGE charge or in 11 euro increments? Since i dont really want my bank statement flooded entirely with .eu registration fees.

And also.... have you had success in other TLD landrush procedures? How fast will you be to effectively compete against the monster pool / snapnames? I would be happy if you even caught 3% of the names i ordered.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back