IT.COM

Oh sh*t, I Missed That Domain

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Mr.Natwarlal

Grow with usTop Member
Impact
I recently lost a domain because of my faulty registrar. They took order from me as an backorder for an available domain and charged domain registration charges on my debit card and yet not refunded it. Such things happens frequently.. :(

Let's make a list for the domains that we wanted to register but missed because of any reason. Don't forget to add reason/reasons that caused to domain registration failure so everyone can take precaution while registering domain name meanwhile.. :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I placed an order for Gotv.in but there were some problems between registrar & registry connection so someone picked it.

•••
Wassercopf...that name is not worth anything...you can hand reg better .in names than that....rather focus on .com mate...it will save you money

Just trying to help

•••
Wassercopf...that name is not worth anything...you can hand reg better .in names than that....rather focus on .com mate...it will save you money

Just trying to help

I know but I was planning to develop it and the target audience is India ;)

•••
What sort of site? were you looking at doing a "Go TV" site?

•••
It always sucks when you lose a domain..Whether it be because of your own fault or not. That's why I always try to tell myself "hey don't worry..there are hundreds of thousands more dropping tomorrow..and the day after that, and the day after that, and the day after that..and so on!" :)

•••
Recently hand regged ProDrones.co.uk and .uk, never thought anything about it and just thought I would check the whois today and the .uk wasn't even registered. Got straight onto the host who said it was something to do with the address system and they now registered it! >:( I was really lucky!

•••
I "missed out" on many .me domains... ordered the popular phrases, some weren't available, many were... paid, got notice that they had been successfully registered to me... a week later turned out to be Godaddy to blame with their system, and the domains had already been registered. Got a refund but was a little gutted.

Actual loss... registered loads of geo .com in bulk at godaddy. They thought this was suspicious (basically you cannot register a few geos, then try to register the rest a week later, they will be gone) so eventually got refunded - response was quite quick really... they refused to cancel the domains and stuck them into auction. I then went elsewhere and got the .co.uk equivalent - minus a few that weren't available.

yes godaddy is shit.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back