IT.COM

Opinions on Facebook.com looking for $2billion

Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I just wondering what you guy think about facebook.com looking for $2 billion for their site.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
I heard Google's about to buy it actually. Google just raised 2.1 billion

Matt

•••
170designs said:
I heard Google's about to buy it actually. Google just raised 2.1 billion

Matt

Yeah, I posted about that on the other thread. Nobody knows what Google is raising the money for. It's just speculation that it could be to buy FaceBook.

•••
greggish said:
Yeah, I posted about that on the other thread. Nobody knows what Google is raising the money for. It's just speculation that it could be to buy FaceBook.

very strange move from SE giant ...Facebook is an "online directory that connects people through social networks at schools." ...
although the actions from Facebook are : look up.... , see how.... , find..... which Google loves ... :)

•••
They just might get it

I think they will get their 2 billion. They have a complete monopoly on college social networks. enough said.

•••
Google aims to make all the world's information globally accessible and useful. Taking over Facebook.com would cover another aspect of it...maybe Google Romance wasnt so much of a joke after all?

•••
If they get $2 billion then the myspace owners got scammed.

•••
•••
2 Billion to monopolize the future leaders of tomorrow.... It might be a good deal.

•••
Myspace can be replaceable by another on of these sites that come along every 2 years or so. FaceBook..it would be a LOT harder to do so, and I just don't see it happening. They are already so far ahead of everybody else.

And Myspace did sell to cheap.

•••
Google won't invest $2 billion on facebook.com since they are a public traded company. Stockholders don't like when acquistion involve big money ex: ebay skype deal.
Google likes to create its own software by buying unknown small website at cheaper price and combine their features with them.
I don't use facebook so i don't know their features and i believe myspace is more popular than facebook.

•••
i believe myspace is more popular than facebook

Yes myspace is more popular although facebook has a niche which is stating to be important in all web related businesses.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back