Opinions on .TV domains?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Tarabasa Domains Ltd

Established Member
Impact
.tv domains can cost from £30 upwards,
are they worth the price?
Wanted other people's opinions on whether .tv's sell well? If a .tv domain has really good PA, DA, TF and CT, good search volume etc, would they be worth the price, or would they just sit there and never sell
All feedback appreciated :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Also, what are the best extensions for a domain, from the best to worst
.com
.co.uk
.tv
.net
.org
.biz
etc

•••
The dot TV domains at one point were a pretty hot commodity around this forum at one point in time.

•••
.TV is probably the perfect example of why you should NOT WASTE MONEY on new TLDs. .TV makes sense for video and Youtube is one of the most popular social media outlets. Video usage and video marketing has rapidly increased with fast internet connections. The extension has been around for some fifteen years and there is ample development on the extension. While most .TV renewals are in the $28-$30 range and there are occasional sales, the low sales ratio and higher renewal costs make it difficult to carry a large portfolio of names. Over the last few years I have dropped close to two third of my .TV portfolio because even higher-search volume keywords do not attract enough interest to pay renewals. I am still hopeful for what remains but new TLDs have rendered anything other than .COM as easily replaceable - why pay a domainer a premium when you can find something else for reg fee.

•••
I bought the apprentice.tv domain and has almost 600 backlinks. I created new content. This website get still new backlinks everyday since I bought and put the new content on. It has some .gov backlinks. Not much traffic yet as all rankings are lost.

Is a long term project.

•••
com, net, org, co.uk, tv, biz

•••
I find .tv interesting extention. I keep renewing most of them.
Sadly thre promotions of name.com are gone. and for a while Elb.com
are gone.(sometimes dynadot gave promotions also, but for limited time ; I hope the're will come some along).

•••
I think the facts speak for themselves. Some known and verified sales in the past 12 months or so...

USA.tv $125,000

Julie.tv $2000

Mojo.tv $17,500

Fantasy.tv $13,500

Safety.tv $2,999

Mio.tv $15,000

666.tv $26,928

Wow.tv $10,510

Loop.tv $7,800

Sushi.tv $6,000

Badminton.tv $5,000

NRA.tv $4,950

Ducks.tv $12,500

LV.tv $4,500

Twinkle $2,000

Sharks.tv $15,000

Devils.tv $10,000

Outpost.tv $3,500

Odd.tv $10,000

LM.tv $2,000

AU.tv $8,300

JP.tv $9,200

Nano.tv $5,680

Box.tv $15,471

S1.tv $8,400

Galileo.tv $23,000

HD.tv $12,000

98.tv $10,000

KNOWN SALES WITH UNDISCLOSED PRICES

Alphabet.tv (sold to Google - price not disclosed)

2.tv (reported to be high six figures)

TOY.tv (undisclosed)

GB.tv (undisclosed)

PS.tv (undisclosed)

DIY.tv (undisclosed)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back