NameSilo

Opinions on WhyPark?

Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Most of my domains are on Sedo and I've sold 3 via Sedo and have been generally happy with them but my revenue has been awful lately.
I know there will never be any one parking option that is "perfect", but I'd like a parking site that helps with PR (as I've read WhyPark does) and is also a good place for domain name sales. In your opinion, is WhyPark a good option and is the $$ to join worth it? I'd love to get all my names in one place I'm happy with and so far I like Sedo, but the idea of a parking site helping PR is very appealing.
Thoughts from WhyPark users, current and / or past?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi,

I posted this on another thread and have had little response, so i'm hoping someone here may be able to answer:

1) Does anyone know where the content comes from, who owns it and whether whypark has the legal rights to serve it. If not what’s to stop the content owners from suing the domain owner
2) Does Google view this kind of parking as legitimate for adsense? Are there any instances of whypark sites getting banned from adsense?
3) Has anyone experienced further problems?

Not meaning to sound negative – just doing my research.

Thanks for any replies.

•••
unholy 1,

"Or use your own CB aff link for the purchase..."

How exactly do you do that?

thanks

•••
Sitemap Verification trouble

Hi Guys,
I really need dome help with google sitemap verification!
I saw the previous question on sitemapping, but my block head just can't seem to understand it.
So i'm hoping someone patient will be able to explain.
My site has been verified by Google, as i entered the meta tag they supplied in the relevant whypark box.
So now i'm trying to add a sitemap, and it's just not happening.
I've clicked on the , Add a sitemap tab - selected, "Add a general sitemap". - So i've entered the example they put below:
http://www.asktravelinsurance.com/sitemap.xml - but id didn't go through.
The reply from Google was, "Need to add the site to my Account and then click the add a sitemap link beside it."

I also read Varon's post, and got to the bit where he said, "now add the sitemap address provided by Whypark and Click Add Site Map."
The thing is i really don't know where to find this? - Is it at Google or Whypark?

Any help you guys can offer would be greatly appreciated (i'm slowly getting there - this internet thingy is turning out to be more tricky than i thought it would be.)

•••
staffjam said:
Hi Guys,
I really need dome help with google sitemap verification!
I saw the previous question on sitemapping, but my block head just can't seem to understand it.
So i'm hoping someone patient will be able to explain.
My site has been verified by Google, as i entered the meta tag they supplied in the relevant whypark box.
So now i'm trying to add a sitemap, and it's just not happening.
I've clicked on the , Add a sitemap tab - selected, "Add a general sitemap". - So i've entered the example they put below:
http://www.asktravelinsurance.com/sitemap.xml - but id didn't go through.
The reply from Google was, "Need to add the site to my Account and then click the add a sitemap link beside it."

I also read Varon's post, and got to the bit where he said, "now add the sitemap address provided by Whypark and Click Add Site Map."
The thing is i really don't know where to find this? - Is it at Google or Whypark?

Any help you guys can offer would be greatly appreciated (i'm slowly getting there - this internet thingy is turning out to be more tricky than i thought it would be.)

Click "edit" on which ever site you want to get the site map url from, scroll to the very bottom of the page, You will see " stats code" and the stats code box, from the stats code box, move your pointer just above the stats code box, It will say " your google site map file is at: keep reading to your right, that is your google site map url.

•••
Thanks -X- in front of my eyes the whole time.

•••
be careful

I did something very bad for my parking domain, i m going to post it here so you dont get the same results.

I had a cool domain that made about 70.000 uniques per month and i got it so well monetized with whypark.
This disappeared after i made a google sitemap and submitted it to google.com/sitemaps.
In that way i forced google to re crawl my domain quicker than they would do it by themselves, so i lost all previous crawled data and that means i lost all google search traffic.

Be careful with that....

•••
Hi On!Spot,

Thanks for the advice and sorry to hear what happened.
70,000 hits a month is a very nice number. Did you just use the standard Whypark templates and articles, or did you create your own? And what sort or marketing did you do to get up there?

•••
i used standard templates of whypark and i added some google adsense code along with referrals

that traffic was there before i bought domain,
i did my research and bought it in a good price.
I made more than 10X the money i paid just with Whypark.

I know that if i did some tweaking i d get around $80 per day
but i had this for later time.
But i wasnt so lucky and smart ;)
Thats why i trust them so much.

•••
Hi guys,

I'm sorry to sound like a broken record, but these damn sitemaps just aren't working for me. I've left a message at the Google forums asking for help.
I've put down a copy of the message i've left there - with the error message google left me. If anyone knows what's going on please tell me.

Hi, I have recently signed up with Google and verified 2 sites (I'll list them as this may help with the question.)

http://www.asktravelinsurance.com and
http://audiobusinessseminars.com (Is this a problem as it's missing the www?)

The thing is i can't add a sitemap for either of them.
For example: In my webmaster tools i click on add sitemap (i've selected: audiobusinessseminars.com)
I then go through to the next screen and choose the type: Add a general web sitemap, and i enter my google sitemap file (provided by hosting company), which is:
http://www.audiobusinessseminars.com/google-sitemap.cfm (I got this in edit - just above the stats code box)

So i select: Add Web Sitemap and get the following error message in red:: The Sitemap must be located at http://audiobusinessseminars.com/. To add a Sitemap at http://audiobusinessseminars.com/http://www.audiobusinessseminars.com/, first add that site to your account and then click the Add a Sitemap link beside it.

Guys - this is beyond me - think i may go back to using the computer for games.

P.S. Does anyone know a contact mail for Google, as i'm not getting much joy in their forum.

Last edited:
•••
Have you added your site to the url channels? Looks like you havent first added your site url. After you add the site, you can then go to the verify site process.

•••
Varon,

Yes, they are definately added - i've entered the meta tag verification code and then verified the sites at Google.
I can get crawl stats, query stats, page analysis - etc...
In the webmaster Dashboard they all have ticks by the side under verified.
everything seems to be okay from my end.
Any ideas???

•••
staffjam said:
Varon,

Yes, they are definately added - i've entered the meta tag verification code and then verified the sites at Google.
I can get crawl stats, query stats, page analysis - etc...
In the webmaster Dashboard they all have ticks by the side under verified.
everything seems to be okay from my end.
Any ideas???

Have you entered your url in this format..

http://www. yoursitename.com/

?

•••
For that one i didn't. But for the others i did. I have also deleted them all and re-entered them and still no joy.
I realise this is a Whypark thread and i apologise for hogging it with the sitemap problem.

•••
Sorry for bring up a old thread but id rather not start a new one.

After completing my custom rss scraper sites, ive had them going for a month or two and did all SEO. They are getting like no traffic and google is tossing them to the very back on searchers.

Why question is that isn't why park just a rss scraper site with some custom content? Wouldn't google see that your using articles that a million other ppl are using and just drop you as a rss site? much like they are doing with custom made rss sites?

I can sorta understand the hosting and easy site aspects of it. But the template they use is a free one and my hosting is $10/mo for unlimited sites..

Before I spend $100 does anyone have any actually success stories with their sites?

•••
grwolz said:
Sorry for bring up a old thread but id rather not start a new one.

After completing my custom rss scraper sites, ive had them going for a month or two and did all SEO. They are getting like no traffic and google is tossing them to the very back on searchers.

Why question is that isn't why park just a rss scraper site with some custom content? Wouldn't google see that your using articles that a million other ppl are using and just drop you as a rss site? much like they are doing with custom made rss sites?

I can sorta understand the hosting and easy site aspects of it. But the template they use is a free one and my hosting is $10/mo for unlimited sites..

Before I spend $100 does anyone have any actually success stories with their sites?

Good question Growlz. What hosting are you using for unlimited websites?
Whypark too looks like a good deal for one hundred domains...

•••
I host with HostGator.com for $10 I get unlimited domains on my hosting plan. If you decide you want to join their service I have a affiliate account with them, Id be most grateful if you used it. Just Pm me and ill give you a link ^^

Google is giving a lot of flack to sites that have mostly free over used content I really am curious as to if WhyPark is escaping it.

•••
grwolz said:
I host with HostGator.com for $10 I get unlimited domains on my hosting plan. If you decide you want to join their service I have a affiliate account with them, Id be most grateful if you used it. Just Pm me and ill give you a link ^^

Google is giving a lot of flack to sites that have mostly free over used content I really am curious as to if WhyPark is escaping it.

Thanks G! I signed with a domain company and have restriction for transfer for 60 days. Im not sure if I can transfer just yet to hostgator?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back