IT.COM

Opinions on WhyPark?

Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Most of my domains are on Sedo and I've sold 3 via Sedo and have been generally happy with them but my revenue has been awful lately.
I know there will never be any one parking option that is "perfect", but I'd like a parking site that helps with PR (as I've read WhyPark does) and is also a good place for domain name sales. In your opinion, is WhyPark a good option and is the $$ to join worth it? I'd love to get all my names in one place I'm happy with and so far I like Sedo, but the idea of a parking site helping PR is very appealing.
Thoughts from WhyPark users, current and / or past?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Personally i love it! I have developed a total of 30 websites that are completed, i am just taking my time, making sure i monetize them with the right keywords and getting them google site mapped, the results in the two week period there are very promising for the future, I do like it much better than domain parking, and at just $1 a site with no hosting fees, that is very hard to beat!

•••
How do you make money through them

•••
I have some sites on WhyPark. I don´t have adsense and I´m not sure about how to edit pages or to add content. I´m getting hardly any traffic to my sites.

I´ve e-mailed them for support at least 5 times in the last 2 months but they don´t answer. I´m not going to bother any more with them. Their support is nonexistent for me.

Has anyone in this forum been able to get support from them?
By the way X, what exactly is "google site mapping", what are it´s advantages and what tool or software are you using?

Regards
GIL

•••
Kaleidozone said:
I know there will never be any one parking option that is "perfect", but I'd like a parking site that helps with PR (as I've read WhyPark does) and is also a good place for domain name sales. In your opinion, is WhyPark a good option and is the $$ to join worth it?
I have been using WhyPark over 4 months now and have been having greater success with it than parking at Sedo. Not only in one update did one of my sites go from a PR0 to PR3 with not much effort but also have been making money by creating landing pages to promote products through commission junction. I don't work on all my sites and seem to target the ones that have the most potential. But even so those other ones still get indexed and with a little traffic still make something through adsense. And that is the one great thing about it you can easily use one of the templates, enter in keywords to get targeted content, then add adsense and leave as is so sites can get indexed...and with traffic can still earn something. Or you can customize even further as you want to promote various products.

I don't consider the fee to be much considering what you gain.

mj85 said:
You can make money through adsense, commission junction, clickbank and other ad networks. You get to choose whatever you want to promote and customize how you want for 100% of the profits.

GILSAN said:
I haven't emailed them too much but most of the time I have received a helpful response. There have been a couple occasions which I haven't received a reply or was delayed but whatever I required at the time was resolved. I find most of the time it runs smoothly and once you get to know more gets easier in customizing the sites.

Don't give up on WhyPark. If there is something you are not sure about you can always ask myself and other WhyPark users here in this forum who will gladly help. You can also get some helpful information from my blog (signature moneymaker$).

Last edited:
•••
mj85 said:

I am using Yahoo Publisher to make revenue from sites with whypark, you don't make money from whypark itself, it is no different than you having a website, you have to find the affiliates, ad publishers and ect, to make your website succeed, The effort a person puts into, monetizing, advertising and promotion, will determine how much money you make.

GILSAN said:
I have some sites on WhyPark. I don´t have adsense and I´m not sure about how to edit pages or to add content. I´m getting hardly any traffic to my sites.

I´ve e-mailed them for support at least 5 times in the last 2 months but they don´t answer. I´m not going to bother any more with them. Their support is nonexistent for me.

By the way X, what exactly is "google site mapping", what are it´s advantages and what tool or software are you using?

Regards
GIL

Once you have verified a URL through google, you can assign it a site map, What this can do is, increase your google indexing, Page Rank and ect, You simply copy & paste one line of HTML code into your site, here is a link that might help you understand more https://www.google.com/accounts/Ser...rs/tools/siteoverview?hl=en?hl=en&nui=1&hl=en

As for support with whypark, i have yet to encounter one problem while using them, If thier support is as good as thier service, They will be awesome support wise.

GILSAN said:

Regards
GIL

You need to reserch your keywords for content, click edit, and per each site, put in relevent keywords to your domain name, the analyzer will then show you how many articles there are for that keyword, it is best to have no less than 5 keywords.

Last edited:
•••
Thanks everyone for the feedback. It was much appreciated. With the # of domains I have the cost doesn't sound bad, but it's still a tough decision to make with all the options out there!

•••
But if you have whypark site can get aprove with the program like yahoo.. or adsences

•••
mj85 said:
But if you have whypark site can get aprove with the program like yahoo.. or adsences
I used one of my whypark sites to open my adsense account and it was approved. Just when submitting don't load it up with ads...only put content (articles), then submit.

•••
•••
Thanks X and ak007 for your sugestions so far.

OK, Inicially I had put keywords (to the best of my ability), google analytics and statcounter. More recently (just over a week ago) I had already verified all my sites.

Today I tried to add a Sitemap but I´m getting "1 ERRORS" (in red) When I click on ERRORS I get the following error message:

This Sitemap has the following errors:
Errors
Unsupported file format Date found: May 25, 2007
Your Sitemap does not appear to be in a supported format. Please ensure it meets our Sitemap guidelines and resubmit. [?]

Here is what I did to ADD A SITEMAP:

1. Go to WEBMASTER TOOLS DASHBOARD
2. Click on "Add a Sitemap" on the chosen site
3. On "Choose type" I select "Add General Web Sitemap"
4. On "MySitemap URL is" I write http://www.autoloantrends.com/sitemap.xml (as you see I add /sitemap.xml after .com like their example sugests.
5. Click "Add Web Sitemap"
6. he following message appears: "You have added a Sitemap to http://www.autoloantrends.com/. Reports may take several hours to update. Thank you for your patience!
7. The Sitemap Status shows: "PENDING"
8. A few minutes later I click on DASHBOARD and the "Sitemap" Column gives me "1 ERRORS" on 3 of the 4 sites that I tried this procedure on.

The site that has no error (still PENDING) says: "No pages from your site are currently included in Google's index. Indexing can take time ......".

Am I doing something wrong? I would appreciate your help if possible.

By the way, what are your opinions on other tools similar to Google Sitemaps
such as the tool found at http://www.xml-sitemaps.com/ or do you think its wiser to stay with Google Sitemaps

Regards
GIL

•••
Gilsan, when you click on edit domain, you will see your sitemap link down below near your stats code box. It would normally end with a .cfm extension not a .xml.

So in your case, your sitemap should be

http://www.autoloantrends.com/google-sitemap.cfm

I can see that Google has already indexed your site. Why not use other advertising streams like Bidvertiser, ClickBank etc? Also, I would suggest you use a keyword rich meta description for your domain. Currently it reads

"Your Online Guide to help find the right loan to fit your budget"

Words like Guide, Top, Resources etc fare badly with SE's. How about using a description like "Bad Credit Auto Loans". "Quick Approval Auto Loans" etc.

Currently your keyword density is high on the words "secured loans- 10.43" rather than auto loans. Also, remember that if you have a very high density of your keyword, search engines tend to punish you by lowering your ranking. Your articles should be a good mix of related keywords. Like auto loans, refinancing auto loans, bad credit vehicle loans, auto industry news etc. Since you don't have too many sites on WP, you could add some new articles on your own. All you need to do to add your own article is to click on the custom pages link and add your title and contents.

There should be some keyword related content on your site. The word auto loans must have a higher density. Also, its not necessary to have 400-500 articles piled up on the site. It would be better to keep a few relevant articles (20-30), it works better.

As far as the WP support issue, I too have noticed a lack of response from their side. I had emailed them a month back and never got a reply. So I'm actually on my own. They need to sincerely look at their support dept.

By submitting your sitemap to Google, it helps to get your site indexed regularly. Also, if you have made any new changes to your site content, you can resubmit your sitemap to Google. A good idea would be to submit your sitemap every month as the articles keep changing. This would ensure that the crawlers start visiting your sites regularly.

•••
I see the pluses and the minuses, but in viewing these "websites" most of them
don't look good. The layout, no pictures, articles that look cut and paste. and so on. Of course the ones you can make money as an affiliate, when others sign up, but how much more can you make?

The price seems OK, but I'm not entirely sold. If one could switch things around a bit, implementing some html, and add pictures, then yes u can see it working.
:cy:

•••
sirengirl said:
don't look good. The layout, no pictures, articles that look cut and paste. and so on. Of course the ones you can make money as an affiliate, when others sign up, but how much more can you make?

The price seems OK, but I'm not entirely sold. If one could switch things around a bit, implementing some html, and add pictures, then yes u can see it working.

You can add all the images you want, But you have to host them with either imageshack.com or on your own server, i am changing my sites all the time, adding my own content, custom pages and ect, It is not really all that hard, once you take a little time to learn....Now...i see it this way, And i know very many PHP - HTML- Java coders, You can pay a minimum of $30 per website to have a site template and some very small coding done, alot will charge you much more than that, Or...you can set up your names at whypark, make a CSS template for free online, make the mods you want, and pay $1 a site without having to pay for hosting, I have had sites built from coders, the coders i use do an awesome job, But having 20 to 100 sites custom coded with a custom template + hosting cost every month, does not fit my budget, My plan is this, As i get a site monetized, get really good indexing, start making a substancial amount of money through an ad publisher, I then plan to have a site custom made for the name.

Last edited:
•••
sirengirl said:

That's one thing that hasn't impressed me at all --- the layouts and many of the pages I've seen have tiny text.

•••
-X- said:
You can add all the images you want, But you have to host them with either imageshack.com or on your own server, i am changing my sites all the time, adding my own content, custom pages and ect, It is not really all that hard, once you take a little time to learn....Now...i see it this way, And i know very many PHP - HTML- Java coders, You can pay a minimum of $30 per website to have a site template and some very small coding done, alot will charge you much more than that, Or...you can set up your names at whypark, make a CSS template for free online, make the mods you want, and pay $1 a site without having to pay for hosting, I have had sites built from coders, the coders i use do an awesome job, But having 20 to 100 sites custom coded with a custom template + hosting cost every month, does not fit my budget, My plan is this, As i get a site monetized, get really good indexing, start making a substancial amount of money through an ad publisher, I then plan to have a site custom made for the name.

This all makes sense. but when I look at the examples on your sig space I don't see the variety. Can you send along a link? thanks~~

•••
Thanks Varon for your sugestions.
I removed the keyword "secured loans" and placed the ones you sugested. There are now 54 articles, half of what there was before. I will be reducing that even more.

So if I understand you correctly , if it shows "Your Google Sitemap file is at: http://www.SUNNYRIOTRAVEL.COM/google-sitemap.cfm" then it means this site has already been submited to Google Sitemap, right? and how do I go about indexing this site regularly? Is Indexing and Verification the same thing? Sorry about these dumb questions Varon but it´s still a bit foggy in my mind.

This site (SunnyRioTravel) has only 8 articles. Can´t seem to get more so I´ll have to write or find free articles elsewhere, but I have alot of doughts on how to add a New Page.
Lets imagine I were to write an article about the "RIO CARNIVAL" how would the following be filled out?

1. Page Title= (I think I should write RIO CARNIVAL, right?)
2. Formatting Type: Pre-Formatted or Your HTML (don´t know the meaning of pre-formated)
3. Show on home page: Yes or No (this one is easy, I think)
4. Summary Description: (what would you suggest here?)
5. Body Content: (What would you suggest?)
If you choose to use the pre-formatted option rather than entering your own HTML, the following will be formatted:
Single line breaks and paragraph returns
Title will be included as an H1 tag on the top of your page
Any URL's or email addresses in your body content will be automatically converted to links.

By the way why is it that I´m unable to see my own or other peaples WhyParks sites Keywords when I try to see the code by right clicking and hitting VIEW SOURCE?

I actually have 40 sites on WhyPark, but have not done anything beyond placing keywords, meta descriptions, statcounter, google analytics and Verification. I needed and still need further help as you can see from my questions and doughts. Thanks to you guys I´m sure I´ll get there, because WhyPark support has been a great big ZERO.
Thanks and Regards
GIL

•••
Kaleidozone said:
That's one thing that hasn't impressed me at all --- the layouts and many of the pages I've seen have tiny text.

you can change that font size in one second on those templates, I think the thing i most didn't like when i signed up there was the templates they offer, but i am not using thier templates, A two layout CSS template is easy to get free,

GILSAN said:
Thanks Varon for your sugestions.
I removed the keyword "secured loans" and placed the ones you sugested. There are now 54 articles, half of what there was before. I will be reducing that even more.

So if I understand you correctly , if it shows "Your Google Sitemap file is at: http://www.SUNNYRIOTRAVEL.COM/google-sitemap.cfm" then it means this site has already been submited to Google Sitemap, right? and how do I go about indexing this site regularly? Is Indexing and Verification the same thing? Sorry about these dumb questions Varon but it´s still a bit foggy in my mind.

This site (SunnyRioTravel) has only 8 articles. Can´t seem to get more so I´ll have to write or find free articles elsewhere, but I have alot of doughts on how to add a New Page.
Lets imagine I were to write an article about the "RIO CARNIVAL" how would the following be filled out?

2. Formatting Type: Pre-Formatted or Your HTML (don´t know the meaning of pre-formated)
If you choose to use the pre-formatted option rather than entering your own HTML, the following will be formatted:
Single line breaks and paragraph returns
Title will be included as an H1 tag on the top of your page
Any URL's or email addresses in your body content will be automatically converted to links.

By the way why is it that I´m unable to see my own or other peaples WhyParks sites Keywords when I try to see the code by right clicking and hitting VIEW SOURCE?

I actually have 40 sites on WhyPark, but have not done anything beyond placing keywords, meta descriptions, statcounter, google analytics and Verification. I needed and still need further help as you can see from my questions and doughts. Thanks to you guys I´m sure I´ll get there, because WhyPark support has been a great big ZERO.
Thanks and Regards
GIL

You will get there.. Gil, I am still tweaking my sites daily, adding new content of my own and ect.

•••
GILSAN said:

No Gilsan, it means that the sitemap is ready in that file and you need to submit it on your own.

Indexing is the act of a search engine crawler visiting your site and making a virtual copy of its contents. For example when you do a regular search for a term on google you will come up with many search results. You might have seen the option called "cached". Cached means the copy of your webpage that the search engine crawler has on file.

Verification is simply Google verifying that you are the owner or administrator of the site before it starts giving you details on your site.

GILSAN said:

Whatever your article header is. Maybe "Carnival festivities at Rio" or as applicable.

Use the preformatted option. The preformatted option lets you add your content without the need for any html codes.

Yes...show on home page.

4-5 lines of the article which will show up under the header on your home page. At the end of the lines you can add the words "Read More..". So when someone clicks on the article title, they are taken to the entire article. (your body content). For example you see the current articles on WP have a few introductory lines and then if someone wants to read more, they can click on the header. That is the summary description.

Your article itself should be here. You would have to write it yourself or get it from some source.

GILSAN said:

The keywords are in the CSS script with no Meta keyword tags. So you cannot see other people's keywords. You can only view the meta description of other sites on WP.

Btw, Kaleidozone, do excuse me for going off the main topic of your thread.

Last edited:
•••
Varon, thanks for your help in clarifying most of the doubts I had (I can see almost clearly now). Things can be so simple when you understand them.

There is still one thing that I´m still not sure of which is the following:

No Gilsan, it means that the sitemap is ready in that file and you need to submit it on your own.

What is the correct procedure to submit the sitemap. To where do I submit it? Where do I start? Hope you can help out on this one if possible

BTW, Kaleidozone, I too apologise for deviating from the topic of your thread but it does prove that even though in some cases WhyPark´s support is not the best, you can always get great support here thanks to peaple like Varon, -X-, ak007 and so many others who have a lot of knowledge to share. Taking that important factor into account, I think WhyPark is a good deal.

REgards
GIL

•••
My opinion: Whypark = hosting company, you need to pay some fee to host your domain, the advantage is whypark already programmed the template page, so you don't need to know much about html then you can set up / create your page. Outside, there has a lot of site offer the website builder program, you can pay some fee, create your site and host with them.

•••
GILSAN said:
What is the correct procedure to submit the sitemap. To where do I submit it? Where do I start? Hope you can help out on this one if possible

I hope you already have a Google webmaster account. Well, you need to go to Google webmaster tools and add your domain name. After you have done that, click on your site name and you will come to a new page where you can see the sitemaps tab. Click on it. Now if you have an existing sitemap you have the option of deleting it. To add a new sitemap just click on "Add a sitemap" tab on the left top corner.

Now you will see a drop down menu, select "Add a general sitemap". Now add the sitemap address provided by Whypark and click Add Site Map.

Thats it.

•••
Varon, looks like that did the trick. I´ve done about 10 and none have shown errors. which is good news.

On my post #11, I had done the correct procedure except that I did not add the sitemap address provided by WhyPark, instead I followed their (Googles) example by adding "/sitemap.xml" at the end of my chosen website address. That´s why I got the Errors saying: "Your Sitemap does not appear to be in a supported format"

Thanks a million
Regards
GIL

•••
GILSAN said:
Varon, looks like that did the trick. I´ve done about 10 and none have shown errors. which is good news.

I'm glad it worked out :) Now you might try adding links to your sites. There are many sites which offer free links submission. That should help pull in some traffic and get you some PR.

Last edited:
•••
Varon, when you say "sites which offer free links submission" are talking about Web directories like DMOZ, Yahoo! Directry, Best of the Web etc. that are suggested by WhyPark or are you talking about something else?

Do you have any suggestions on where can I get some good information about this subject?

Thanks for your great help so far
GIL

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back