IT.COM

advice Listing on Afternic & Dan separately for the same listing

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi, Happy New Year - wishing you all great sales this year.

Ive just seen the new afternic and it looks great with option to see views

There is also an option to use Dan landers

Shall I list my domains on Dan first, or separately on Afternic and Dan?

Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
afternic first if you use LTO, otherwise dan will list for you but will not offer LTO on godaddy.

•••
Hi, Happy New Year - wishing you all great sales this year.

Ive just seen the new afternic and it looks great with option to see views

There is also an option to use Dan landers

Shall I list my domains on Dan first, or separately on Afternic and Dan?

Thanks
Hi @TheName,
We're glad you like the new Afternic features! We added a Dan.com Lander option to Afternic to provide Afternic customers with the ability to use this high-performing lander while continuing to take advantage of the features at Afternic.

Therefore, to use the Dan.com Lander at Afternic requires that your domains aren't already listed on Dan.com, to ensure there's no conflict in resolving to the correct listing. Here's a blog post about Afternic's Dan.com Lander: https://blog.afternic.com/dan-landers-afternic/

Lease to Own, another new feature at Afternic, can be displayed to potential buyers via Afternic's Dan.com Lander. The added perk is that Afternic distributes your Lease to Own options to the GoDaddy search path for added exposure. You can find out more about that integration here: https://blog.afternic.com/lto-integration/

•••
Ya but if your names aren’t listed by you on dan, someone else will list them then what price shows or what happens?
List your names at dan and afternic, same price and use dan landers
Or Do what daddy says and check on dan and see how many of your names get listed by chinese character group

Last edited:
•••
Hi @TheName,
We're glad you like the new Afternic features! We added a Dan.com Lander option to Afternic to provide Afternic customers with the ability to use this high-performing lander while continuing to take advantage of the features at Afternic.

Therefore, to use the Dan.com Lander at Afternic requires that your domains aren't already listed on Dan.com, to ensure there's no conflict in resolving to the correct listing. Here's a blog post about Afternic's Dan.com Lander: https://blog.afternic.com/dan-landers-afternic/

Lease to Own, another new feature at Afternic, can be displayed to potential buyers via Afternic's Dan.com Lander. The added perk is that Afternic distributes your Lease to Own options to the GoDaddy search path for added exposure. You can find out more about that integration here: https://blog.afternic.com/lto-integration/

Hi,

I seems that for using the Dan's lander through Afternic it requeres the domains don't have to be listed on Dan.

But What would happen if someone else list our domains on Dan after we have set the Dan's lander on Afternic?

•••
Hi @TheName,

Thanks for confirming all of that : always grateful to Godaddy who have been a source of hope in my domaining ventures for over a decade!. Indeed I did get conflict as my domains were already listed on Dan and didn't automatically change landing page/price when I altered on Afternic. I think I might delete from Dan and use Afternic as my core source of listings. Thanks again, shall keep you posted - all feedback I hope will enhance the platform for all - Cheers

•••
The difference is if you have your names pointed at DAN with BIN’s they show up on both. If you list and point at Afternic the BIN only appears on Afternic.

•••
The difference is if you have your names pointed at DAN with BIN’s they show up on both. If you list and point at Afternic the BIN only appears on Afternic.
Agree - just listed a domain at Afternic and used Dan lander but this method I cannot create a description or personalised landing for the domain which I can at the DAN platform

Is this system being innovated further @GoDaddy so we can have just one place to edit descriptions and list. I find the mix of Dan & Afternic a bit confusing

Also what is the best system to use .

Thanks again - all feedback is constructive - I am grateful because without GoDaddy , I wouldn't be here! A few sales over the past 2 years have been life saving whilst I care for a family member.

•••
Hi @TheName,
Why not allow an option, when adding a domain to Afternic, to also add the listing to Dan? Would't this help eliminate the pervasive problem of sellers trying to post other people's domains. Why should one need to click a box on Afternic for a Dan lander, in order to have both marketplace listings?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back