Dynadot

information Options for finding best pricing on registration, transfer, renewal

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Bob Hawkes

Top Member
NameTalent.com
Impact
I am working on a guide to finding the. best pricing for domain name registrations, transfers, and renewals.

I am familiar with, and will cover, the services offered by:
  • TLD-List
  • DomComp
  • TLDES
Are there others I should be covering as well?

Also, beyond the features in these, are there other ways that you discover promotional pricing, coupons etc. beyond direct from a particular registrar, or occasional sharing here on NamePros?

Are there other tips I should be sharing with respect to saving on domain name registration/renewal costs? Beyond renewing in advance of price increases, that I have already covered, and the obvious to not register and renew junk! :-P

I will include things like the bulk etc. savings at Dynadot, the NameSilo discount for using prepaid balance, the GD discount club, etc.

Thank you in advance.

-Bob

PS Sort of doing an update on my 2019 article Saving Money on Domain Names.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It might complicate things and add too much time but perhaps a' notes' area overseen and curated by you might be helpful.

To further explain, maybe look at threads/comments and put quotes from users in the data table(s) somewhere.

For example, Epik (or any other registrar) might offer 4.99 .com registrations but a 'notes' section with a few previously posted comments and/or links to existing threads about prior turmoil would be helpful to new members or those otherwise not 'in the know'.

Conversely to above, the 'notes' section could have comments about the superior service a particular registrar gives to its customers.

•••
What month of the year are likely .COM cheap promo launch by various registars?

•••
What month of the year are likely .COM cheap promo launch by various registars?
Black Friday, then end of the year promotions, I believe.

•••
I am working on a guide to finding the. best pricing for domain name registrations, transfers, and renewals.

I am familiar with, and will cover, the services offered by:
  • TLD-List
  • DomComp
  • TLDES
Are there others I should be covering as well?

For ccTLDs, you should consider checking OpenProvider's member price. They are a cost price registrar, i. e. offering TLDs for members at the registry price (+$0.5/domain is the membership cost). For many ccTLDs, this is the lowest price you can find and their membership TLD prices are not included in the comparison sites.

•••
dont get sucked in to 2nd rate registrats just to save few bucks. even so called promos black Friday etc these days are no more than above avg regular prices reduced to something ...welll.. more avg..

pick one good registrar and stat there...don't even waste a minute on promos or pricing websites.

dyna is your best bet

•••
Bob, You are doing great job, as always:xf.smile::xf.wink:(y)

All I can say: now I was looking sites You wrote about ( TLD-List, DomComp, TLDES by @aelko thanks a lot too)
and just noticed paid ads on Google/promo from other companies ( this result may be var by searcher location and be used to find best local pricing only).

1714467129151.png

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back