NameSilo

Pls review my portfolio site

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Impact
Hi all,
I request you to review my portfolio site.
I have redesigned it recently. I have used div style and it is XHTML 1.0 Transitional now.
URL is : designer007.com (I think Iam not allowed to post direct links here, isn't it?)
Pls let me know your coments.
thanks,

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I extremely like your site, especially the coloration - it looks really harmonious!

•••
Hi,

Actually I am expecting more graphics for a portfolio site. What I suggest is that you can put up your best work on home page - above fold. Remove the pencils image on your home page, it does not give me any relevancy to your content.

It would be better if you can make the links on the right in blue. So it will stand out clear as there are the links. Honestly, I miss the links on the right the first time I visit your site. I even feel that your footer links are more noticeable than your side bar links..

Lastly, is it possible to make the home content shorter and eliminate the scrolling?

The good news is I like your work / portfolio! Feature them as early as possible. These are your true assets!

All the best!

•••
thanks andr69, AbsoluteKC for the reviews.

to AbsoluteKC:
pencils image : thats a symbolic representation to my work. At first I put a paint bucket there but that image price was out of my budget. :)

Your suggestions regarding menu links are good, but I donot like to project them with a different color.
Change in side is a good suggestion.

eliminate the scrolling : I have tried to avoid scrolling , but it is very hard. The overall feel of the site will lost. thats not good, isn't it?

Again thanks for the compliments regarding my works.

•••
I really like your site. The colors go great together and the text is very easy to read. I really like the pencil picture also. It adds a lot to your site. The only thing it seems to be missing is a title at the top. That's just my opinion though.

•••
Clean looking layout. Maybe get a banner for the top?

•••
the top needs logo of something else, looks too bare

•••
It's very clean which is great but it might be too clean so maybe add some color.

•••
There is a shadow on top and bottom of the main white box. That makes is look dirty. Get rid of that shadow.

The coloured pencils on home page are too cliche. You are a graphic designer. You should be able to create a graphic on your own to put to your homepage instead using a stock photo. That doesn't give a good message to your visitors.

Where is your logo? You are in logo design business but you don't have a logo yourself. What message does this give to visitors?

Your domain implies that you are a James Bond fan. Or maybe you find that cool. If I need some website or logo designed for my new business how would I feel if my brand was associated with your name and displayed on your James Bond portfolio site?

If a friend of mine said, "Those new business cards look very good. Where did you get them designed?" How comfortable do you think I would feel writing down your website name?

Do you have a business card with your name and website URL on it? Do you feel comfortable using it? I would like to see a photo of that card. Does it use a James Bond theme?

Last edited:
•••
Hi Erdinc,
thanks for those valid points. :)
But I would like to explain something.
I am not using a logo because of SEO purpose (an experiment).

Regarding the domain name, it is very hard to find a domain with the keyword 'designer' in it. You can find something with 15,20 characters in it, but thats not easy to remember.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back