NameSilo

Poor Move by CatchService.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Fadi H

BrandNameSolutions.comTop Member
Impact
Hello everyone,

I've been using a domain drop-catching service named CatchService.com for about six months and would like to share with you my experience using it.

Regarding the service itself, I think it was fine, I've had some success catching some good looking .com domains, Pricing was also reasonable.

All the past months were fine and whenever i face any sort of issue i reach out to the owner privately as he's a respected member of this amazing community. ( @Riz M. ) Until today, He managed to catch two domains for me and during checkout i learned that PayPal is no more an option to pay so i reached out and asked about that matter.

He confirmed that PayPal is no more an option and he only have two other options which I'm not so comfortable with, So i said fine, I will think it over and let him know where I'm at.

Surprisingly he was like, Think it over? Are you going to do board meeting for $36? ( Price of the current orders ) Which I'm not quite getting this line, Are you saying like you've reached a certain level of success that $36 is no longer a number for you? And the whole thing was about the payment method for the current orders and any potential future orders so i don't even understand why you said this. He followed up with : Anyways I'm just cancelling your orders and please do not place anymore orders. Before even i respond he went ahead and deleted my account from the site.

Poor move sir and so unprofessional. Nothing personal and I'm taking this public because you're a business, And this is my feedback for it.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Namepros is a great place if one is serious about domaining as a real business. I have made several connections over these past few years of my association here and I personally value each one of them including my relations with both @AbdulBasit.com and @Riz M.

Strictly sticking on point of this thread, I have used Catchservice.com extensively and vouch for their great service always. The special case of OP here in this thread had to be handled more professionally I feel and this whole matter of payment of these specific backorders should have been handled with a better dialogue.

I'd still request OP and Riz to calm down, close these thread, start a fresh dialogue and sort this out in a friendly manner.

•••
so you didnt rcvd money as soon yoh told me you didnt rcvd paypal ? clarify? just statement like that wouldnt work here.. i have chat i paid you right after you told me you didny rcvd paypal clarify like Man and thanks to show your real color now in community claiming me dishonest without any proof :)

I don't want to drag OP thread elsewhere and that issue has been discussed privately and publicly several times in the past but you'll never understand. In short, it's not about the money, it's about the business ethics like I told you many times which you need to learn from the basics.

•••
I don't want to drag OP thread elsewhere and that issue has been discussed privately and publicly several times in the past but you'll never understand. In short, it's not about the money, it's about the business ethics like I told you many times which you need to learn from the basics.
you never discussed in public..
lets do it in public so i can show your true color?
you just said i m unethical byt never said what exactly hapoened because you kniw yoy cant defend yourself to me call me dishonest

•••
I believe a WhatsApp group where there were 60+ members at that time is called discussion in public and not private. I must say you need to learn a lot beside business ethics.
that was not public and there out of 60 many claimed you did wrong and on purpose .. still not care to share what happened or should i help you??

•••
that was not public and there out of 60 many claimed you did wrong and on purpose .. still not care to share what happened or should i help you??

You're free to do whatever you want to. This is my last response to you in this thread because like I said earlier, I don't want to drag the OPs thread elsewhere.

•••
l
One thing that has never been made clear is why Riz's pro badge was taken away. He does meet all of the standards. As I understand it, his badge was withdrawn on a personal basis, seeing as "some people don't like him".

There's more to this story as namepros staff were very secretive about that and one could not be lead to believe that Riz is a bad person judging by his (mostly helpful) nampros posts. So this is something only a select few know about it seems.
you can see now who are black sheeps one @AbdulBasit.com is clearly exposed by himself

•••
Hello everyone,

I've been using a domain drop-catching service named CatchService.com for about six months and would like to share with you my experience using it.

Regarding the service itself, I think it was fine, I've had some success catching some good looking .com domains, Pricing was also reasonable.

All the past months were fine and whenever i face any sort of issue i reach out to the owner privately as he's a respected member of this amazing community. ( @Riz M. ) Until today, He managed to catch two domains for me and during checkout i learned that PayPal is no more an option to pay so i reached out and asked about that matter.

He confirmed that PayPal is no more an option and he only have two other options which I'm not so comfortable with, So i said fine, I will think it over and let him know where I'm at.

Surprisingly he was like, Think it over? Are you going to do board meeting for $36? ( Price of the current orders ) Which I'm not quite getting this line, Are you saying like you've reached a certain level of success that $36 is no longer a number for you? And the whole thing was about the payment method for the current orders and any potential future orders so i don't even understand why you said this. He followed up with : Anyways I'm just cancelling your orders and please do not place anymore orders. Before even i respond he went ahead and deleted my account from the site.

Poor move sir and so unprofessional. Nothing personal and I'm taking this public because you're a business, And this is my feedback for it.

Thanks for sharing your personal experience.

Like you and many others have witnessed, the way this guy (CatchService owner) talks show how professional and mature he handles the business.

Coming back to the point, let me share something which I believe many are already aware but still I wanted to say. DropCatch gives you 5 days time to make the pending payment. SnapNames give you more than a week time. NameJet gives you 7 days time. GoDaddy gives you 2 days time. This may be extended per request, your account status ,etc. Considering the fact you'll mention that you no longer can pay via one payment method but thinking about the other way and none of them will ban/suspend/delete your account for this reason.

Last edited:
•••

Like you and many others have witnessed, the way this guy (CatchService owner) talks shows how professional and mature he handles the business.

Coming back to the point, let me share something which I believe many are already aware but still I wanted to say. DropCatch gives you 5 days time to make the pending payment. SnapNames give you more than a week time. NameJet gives you 7 days time. GoDaddy gives you 2 days time. This may be extended per request, your account status ,etc. Considering the fact you'll mention that you no longer can pay via one payment method but thinking about the other way and none of them will ban/suspend/delete your account for this reason.

Thanks for your input.

I had an experience with DropCatch when i faced an issue with my payment method, They were great and extended the deadline to make the payment, Even though it's my own issue they invested in me as a customer and tried to make sure i was happy and even offered to extend more if i don't solve the issue in a timely manner. Actually also CatchService.com deadline is 5 days as per a confirmation i got from the owner.

This was not the issue, In fact there was no issue at all! Everything was just fine i wanted to confirm if they no longer use PayPal which happened to be true, I was still cool with it and said I'd think if the other available options are a good fit for me to continue doing business which is all normal until this point, I would have most likely gone for one of the other options but i didn't get that very little time to have a thought and reply back.

As far as this point, He claimed that he closed my account because i had many orders placed at the same time we were discussing and he wouldn't love to handle the loss. But he didn't mention that in his reaction and what he said was different.

I'm not the guy who started this thing today or even a new user at CatchService.com, We did business in the past and until this moment i thank god my reputation is perfect.

So I'm not the guy you'd close my account this way would you? And i didn't ask you for a solution just some time to reply and then if we don't meet you can do your thing.

@Riz M. Most people here agree that you didn't do it the right way. Admit the mistake, You get the respect and we move on.

Last edited:
•••
Thanks for your input.

I had an experience with DropCatch when i faced an issue with my payment method, They were great and extended the deadline to make the payment, Even though it's my own issue they invested in me as a customer and tried to make sure i was happy and even offered to extend more if i don't solve the issue in a timely manner. Actually also CatchService.com deadline is 5 days as per a confirmation i got from the owner.

This was not the issue, In fact there was no issue at all! Everything was just fine i wanted to confirm if they no longer use PayPal which happened to be true, I was still cool with it and said I'd think if the other available options are a good fit for me to continue doing business which is all normal until this point, I would have most likely gone for one of the other options but i didn't that very little time to have a thought and reply back.

As far as this point, He claimed that he closed my account because i had many orders placed at the same time we were discussing and he wouldn't love to handle the loss. But he didn't mention that in his reaction and what he said was different.

I'm not the guy who started this thing today or even a new user at CatchService.com, We did business in the past and until this moment i thank god my reputation is perfect.

So I'm not the guy you'd close my account this way would you? And i didn't ask you for a solution just some time to reply and then if we don't meet you can do your thing.

@Riz M. Most people here agree that you didn't do it the right way. Admit the mistake, You get the respect and we move on.
okay i admit my mistake and lets close this here..
Be happy and peace.
Thanks

•••
Be happy and peace.
Thanks

I hope you got the moral of the story and will do better with your customers in the future.

All the best with your business.

•••
I hope you got the moral of the story and will do better with your customers in the future.

All the best with your business.
yes moral of stoey call black sheeps in namepros and win ...

•••
yes moral of stoey call black sheeps in namepros and win ...

Edit :

Admitting a mistake doesn't make you lose credibility but gain it.

You messed up and you're obviously not sorry. Nobody can help you if you don't help yourself.

Last edited:
•••
I have been using CatchService.com for a while and never had an issue before.
Yes they removed PayPal so what ?

@Riz M. is offering a service which no one ever did before at this price. Maybe that's why everyone attacking him.

He is always helpful and going to bring PayPal back if possible.

•••
I have been using CatchService.com for a while and never had an issue before.
Yes they removed PayPal so what ?

@Riz M. is offering a service which no one ever did before at this price. Maybe that's why everyone attacking him.

He is always helpful and going to bring PayPal back if possible.

So your account is at risk of getting closed, Just say you gonna think about something.

•••

Like you and many others have witnessed, the way this guy (CatchService owner) talks show how professional and mature he handles the business.

DropCatch charges my payment method on file exactly twelve hours after I win if I don’t pay it manually myself before that. Rules must be different for bigger purchases?

About the topic, I find this whole thread unsavory and the piling on and trolling says more about the people doing it than about Riz. Cancel culture making its way to NP.

I have had positive experiences with Riz and CatchService and that’s good enough for me.

•••
I have had positive experiences with Riz and CatchService and that’s good enough for me.

I also had one, But it came to an end.

Last edited:
•••
I also had one, But it came to an end.

To be frank with you, the PayPal option appeared to be removed or discouraged many months ago on CatchService. Did you not order for awhile?

Either way, a public shaming over something so minor is getting to be a regular occurrence here and it’s a disturbing trend where accusations are thrown around with zero proof.

Not talking about you—but all the garbage posted after that. People should have to prove accusations they make on a public forum.

•••
DropCatch charges my payment method on file exactly twelve hours after I win if I don’t pay it manually myself before that. Rules must be different for bigger purchases?

About the topic, I find this whole thread unsavory and the piling on and trolling says more about the people doing it than about Riz. Cancel culture making its way to NP.

As far as I remember, DropCatch has never charged my account automatically and I'm always manually paying them via the method I want to. I'm not sure if they've set any different rules for different clients.

•••
To be frank with you, the PayPal option appeared to be removed or discouraged many months ago on CatchService. Did you not order for awhile?

Yes, My last successful order before this mess was on Oct 9, 2020. Since then i didn't order or at least "WON" any domain until recently i started ordering again.

People should have to prove accusations they make on a public forum.

I didn't like it to go that way too, But he's also not helping himself here. I tried to end it the most smooth way and he's not. You can easily see that by going over the posts.

•••
@Riz M. Is a legit honorable guy, since I met him online we have dealt before with no problems. So I can not say anything wrong but the opposite. CatchService is a service, I have used it before, and it has worked fine.

•••
@Riz M. Is a legit honorable guy, since I met him online we have dealt before with no problems. So I can not say anything wrong but the opposite. CatchService is a service, I have used it before, and it has worked fine.

I'd never have said the opposite before what happened. There's no smoke without fire.

•••
Be happy and peace.
Thanks

The ONLY point being stressed by most members here is that you CAN NOT AFFORD TO BE RUDE to people as a business owner. BUSINESS means STAYING POLITE even if a customer is aggrieved and turns rude. Your STAYING POLITE and HUMBLE would be valued more than your capability to mint some money. Don't let success go to your head. Just my 2 cents.

•••

@karmaco we have agreed many times before, but looks that this time we don't see it the same way. You can call it trolling or whatever you want, but the fact is the same. Now try to remember the brandroot ownner, probably you have catched it when you have started here, he was acting something like the same, but never in this manner. For a owner of a service,he acts and talks arrogant, dismissive, aggressive and with lack of respect for everybody. Now try to imagine using exactly the same attitude by Reza from dan, Margot from BB and so on and you feel different. No matter how good is a service, if the owner act and treats people like sh*t, the service will die eventually. I can't never understand this concept, if I'm treated right, doesn't matter how others are treated. I don't have anything with Riz, we talked two times before on other threads, we are from different continents, but the way he acts and talks will never be acceptable for me. If he would have been the owner of Dan,SH and others and I was using them, I would have started moving my names from there, just because I can't stand this kind of peoples. We have a saying in our country: 'A wolf can change his coat, but not his habits'( or something like this)...that means that we will see this kind of behavior in the future, a guy can't change his character over night and I will be there to remember you that you didn't see it as a problem in the past.

Last edited:
•••
I have used catchservice.com extensively and dealt with Riz before , he was always helpful and he went extra mile to help.

I was part of EmpireNames whatsApp group, He shared his details more than he needed to, I never seen him reacting aggressively in the group.

I read the whole thread, I understand he felt attacked and frustrated by all the criticism here .

I will use catchservice.com in future not because all the criticism here, but i have personal experience of good service.

I also feel for OP, he must have felt bad service by CatchService, I think Riz should have handled the situation with empathy and professionally here.

As said "Anger is like hot Coal, longer you hold, the more you get hurt,"

I have seen few of the people in the thread like Abdul Vai , and Manmeet vai whom i respect a lot, I am indebted to Abdul vai for his blog and Manmeet vai for his DomainX WP group(which I was a member earlier).

It reallly sad to see some of the people I really admire throwing Mud at each other.

Last edited:
•••
@Riz M. Is my good friends and we did couple of trades as well . I know he is very professional and honest , closely following this thread I see two issues .

Misunderstanding between OP and Riz and as per my view it should have been handled in a bit polite way , but again mistakes happen to everyone and must be sorted out between both parties .
(PS: I am not a catchservice or rooted user)

Second is the way many people are trying to make Riz down doesn't look professional as well. Few people have jumped in this thread not to help both parties, just with revenge intensions as if they were waiting for such opportunity to Spoil Riz's image .

PS : I am also in that WhatsApp group which few people are targeting just because they were kicked out due to unethical practises ) .

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back