Dynadot

discuss Possible sanctions for Russia and Russians in the field of domain names

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Igor Gabrielan

.ai .mv .botTop Member
Impact
The authorities of Ukraine turned to the ICANN with a request to block the domain zone .ru and other domain zones of Russia.
Is it possible to block all domain names owned by Russians, that is, in zones .com .org .uk , etc.?
Now there are restrictions and sanctions for Cuba and Iran for the zones .cu .ir .
Probably there are restrictions for other states. But how wide are they? Can similar or even greater sanctions be applied to Russia?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Paradoxically, my mother participated in WW2.
We do not tell her WW3 has begun, she still does not know this.
When explosions are heard, or a bomber flies over us, she probably thinks it's thunder.
Sad.. Bless her heart!

•••
UA has the following L-Root instances:

• aa.ua-kiv.l.root (Kharkiv)
  • aa.ua-iev.l.root (Kyiv)
  • aa.ua-ods.l.root (Odessa)

You can check which root server instance you are talking to, by issuing the following command:

$ dig @l.root-servers.net id.server chaos txt +short

•••
Possible sanctions: McDonald's

sad-pikachu.gif

•••
US is a net exporter of oil.
Irrelevant.

The USA is importing oil from Russia and paying to Russia. Instead of Canada.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kenrob...a-highest-in-decades---at-35/?sh=375c8c51aae8

Different source:
In 2021, the US imported an average of 209,000 barrels per day (bpd) of crude oil and 500,000 bpd of other petroleum products from Russia, according to the American Fuel and Petrochemical Manufacturers (AFPM) trade association.

•••
Have you seen price on gas and oil lately? )))) Gas at $3800 and oil at $135... Enjoy your sanctions :)))
Ask for more, don't be shy ))))

I'm ready to shut down heating
and use my bike

just let Putin lose
and Ukraine win

•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
:)))) good fantastic opus ))))) fables and ukranian wet fantasies combined together. Even the style, how it's written - it's exactly of how ukrainians and very small part of russian liberals want to hear it.... ))))

I do sincerely hope it's based on facts

murders should not succeed

•••
•••
:)))) good fantastic opus ))))) fables and ukranian wet fantasies combined together. Even the style, how it's written - it's exactly of how ukrainians and very small part of russian liberals want to hear it.... ))))
1646735117574.png

•••
•••
deleted

Last edited:
•••

A children's event where children are trained to destroy other countries with nuclear weapons.

•••
Feb. 4th

Putin hails China oil and gas deals amid tensions with Europe​

https://www.aljazeera.com/economy/2...ost-energy-alliance-with-30-year-gas-contract

Te deal was done a few weeks before the war and sanctions and is saying that they will deliver up to 10 billion cubic meters and only one of pipeline delivering to Europe is delivering 60 billion cubic meters. Also, historically, China, because it has lot's of suppliers, it's not so dependent on them, so the prices they pay are a few times lower than Europe. Combine these two and the results are that this deal represent a few % of the european deals, so not a big impact.

Last edited:
•••
Unemployment on a massive scale.. I'm sorry, but I do feel sorry for ordinary Russians making Big Macs are now with no income.. I hope all that ends the war, otherwise it's just unnecessary suffering..
Most likely they will come up with their own franchise, as they did in Donbass, which now have DonMak instead of McDonalds.

•••
Unemployment on a massive scale.. I'm sorry, but I do feel sorry for ordinary Russians making Big Macs are now with no income.. I hope all that ends the war, otherwise it's just unnecessary suffering..
They will not be without income. McDonalds will continue paying their salaries. (For the moment, that's what they have said in a press release).

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
These are useless lectures. First, the Russians won't even technically hear it because of the restrictions. Secondly, even having heard, they will not change their behavior. They are hopelessly poisoned by propaganda. By the way, for such a speech in Russia would face a prison sentence of 15 years. Only military force and economic sanctions can stop the Russian aggressors. It seems they are already suffering a military defeat. Their army turned out to be the army of the 70s of the last century and is unable to fight against the army with modern weapons. Therefore, now it is necessary to continue supplying the Ukrainian army with modern weapons and increase economic sanctions. Then the Ukrainian army will finally defeat the Russian army and secure the world from crazy Russia. I hope domainer organizations will stop being modest and will contribute to the victory over Russia with the toughest sanctions against the domain assets of Russia and Russians.

•••
•••
ICANN doesn't have control over ccTLDs.
"Is it possible to block all domain names owned by Russians, that is, in zones .com .org .uk , etc.?"
No.

•••
It would be possible to sell the domain names of Russians at an auction and send this money to help Ukraine.

•••
All kinds of influence and contribution to the ruin of Russia must be applied.
Not to ruin, just to force Putin to leave and stop the aggression, but anything needs to be done at the right time, to have the best impact.

•••
The confiscation of domain names would help broke Russia.
I think you should more care about russian oligarchs kids that have EU and US citizenship. Think differently.

•••
You, as a person will not be his enemy, only for a couple of months....war, killings, pain, close relatives gone, all these have this effect. The alternatives are: force Putin and Russia( sadly, including his citizens) through bankruptcy, world war 3 or letting ukrainians to be killed or be taken over by force. There are no other. So, you as a russian not involved in this, should accept to suffer some losses and hate for couple of months, until everything is over. That's the best alternative.
I won't suffer without my domains. That's nothing at this scale. I'm concerned with the level of hate raising everywhere, getting even to the neutral places, where we have been communicating for years, not caring of each other's nationality. As to the stricter sanctions, switching off everything, etc. - you don't know the Russian people; we've got used to suffering. The stronger you push, the stronger we consolidate. That's our historical consciousness.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back