Dynadot

discuss Problems in domain industries.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Ritik bhardwaj

Established Member
Impact
Dear domainers,

Please share with me what are the problems you are facing in domain investing.

Ritik Bhardwaj

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Okay, I'll start.

People who use the term domain flipping instead of domain investing.

•••
•••
Okay, I'll start.

Or sell instead of sale. I understand English isn't a lot of folks first language but it still puts me off straight away.

•••
Okay, I'll start.

Your problem is solved.

Thankyou
Best regards,
Ritik bhardwaj

•••
•••
Having the budget to acquire good domains in the first place, than attempting to find consistency in hand regs. A problem among newbies or the inexperienced, at least. Not to say those that solely buy up hand regs can't turn a profit, of course they can, but I'd say you've got to know what you're doing

•••
Having the budget to acquire good domains in the first place, than attempting to find consistency in hand regs. A problem among newbies or the inexperienced, at least. Not to say those that solely buy up hand regs can't turn a profit, of course they can, but I'd say you've got to know what you're doing
This is relatable to beginners, i was suffering from this problem.

•••
This is relatable to beginners, i was suffering from this problem.
I've bought up domains since 2011, but not full-time. I'd fail miserably dealing in just hand regs / turning a worthwhile profit out of it. Respect to those that can

•••
Going through thousands of domains hurts my eyes, gives me a headache.

•••
I've bought up domains since 2011, but not full-time. I'd fail miserably dealing in just hand regs / turning a worthwhile profit out of it. Respect to those that can
Yeah! If the domains are not high quality then we can't expect anything from them.
This is my personal experience.

•••
Going through thousands of domains hurts my eyes, gives me a headache.
In this case, expired domains helps alot, they have the potential and quality.

•••
In this case, expired domains helps alot, they have the potential and quality.
Only after applying a huge filter or regex first. A lot of crap domains are in the list.

•••
•••
Not enough people approach it with the seriousness of a business ie a defined plan over the course of years.

Too many luke-warm, instant fortune-seekers looking to put in no work or research for maximum ROI. This drags down the general brain-trust of this industry to neandrathal.

This is one of the biggest impediments in this industry and has been since the beginning. And there is no fix, unfortunately.

•••
Not enough people approach it with the seriousness of a business ie a defined plan over the course of years.

Too many luke-warm, instant fortune-seekers looking to put in no work or research for maximum ROI. This drags down the general brain-trust of this industry to neandrathal.

This is one of the biggest impediments in this industry and has been since the beginning. And there is no fix, unfortunately.
True, Selling domain by outreach and random listing cannot be successful, selling domain by this is like waiting for miracle.

•••
No problems. I'm only facing opportunities.

•••
No problems. I'm only facing opportunities.
Hmmm. Have to disagree with this Americanism. If you only see opportunities, you may miss the reality of the situation. If you face the problem, you are more likely to find the appropriate answer.

It's not a good idea to tuck problems under the bed for the hope of a better day. For me, anyway.

•••
In my opinion, the biggest problem for a newbie in the domain industry is overcoming the stereotypes surrounding hand-registered domains.

•••
In my opinion, the biggest problem for a newbie in the domain industry is overcoming the stereotypes surrounding hand-registered domains.
Sometimes stereotypes are accurate. 95% of on-the-day hand reg domains are terrible. It is a craft to find a hand reg that can be sold immediately for profit. Alas, most people fool themselves that they have this skill automatically.

•••
Sometimes stereotypes are accurate. 95% of on-the-day hand reg domains are terrible. It is a craft to find a hand reg that can be sold immediately for profit. Alas, most people fool themselves that they have this skill automatically.
I have 2 hand reg domains and really struggling to sell it even with lower price.. Domain name should be related to something like different industries. Another disadvantage of hand reg domains is they have zero potential. Google won't except this type of domains in ranking even with good SEO of site.

•••
I notice the quantity of backlinks for a domain.
It's about the quality of those links. Please note that this number may have been artificially obtained through spamming. And further that the usefulness of this could be largely lost after the transfer of ownership.

•••
It's about the quality of those links. Please note that this number may have been artificially obtained through spamming. And further that the usefulness of this could be largely lost after the transfer of ownership.
Yeah! That's why still i haven't buy any expired domain yet.

•••
Another disadvantage of hand reg domains is they have zero potential. Google won't except this type of domains in ranking even with good SEO of site.
Hand reg domains have zero potential?
Couldnt disagree more.
Most dont but all. No.

Google wont rank a newly registered name.
Where did you find information to come to that conclusion?

Your english not clear. You mean wont index or rank high?
won’t shöw in google search?

Last edited:
•••
Hand reg domains have zero potential?
Couldnt disagree more.
Most dont but all. No.

Google wont rank a newly registered name.
Where did you find information to come to that conclusion?

Your english not clear. You mean wont index or rank high?
won’t shöw in google search?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back