Domain Empire

Push to auction.com success?

Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I've heard pushtoauction.com mentioned a few times on this site. Has anyone actually gotten decent results from using it? If so what type of domain did you get the results with (llll, generic, keyword, ect...?)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yeah, I had a couple of names go to auction through pushtoauction, I think they were keywords. Now some of the forums ran with his idea and are letting people push with sedo's permission. So there are more options available to have names pushed. One note, I had one name that I thought came by way of pushtoauction but it may not have, not knowing I sent it to auction for the 60.00 in keeping with the rules ect.. I still don't really know but make sure you choose wisely in doing it that way.

•••
Just wanted to chirp in on this subject. I have been a pretty big fan of PTA for the last 4 months or so and sent probably 25+ domains to auction. As a beginner, I know how difficult it can be when you have a quality commodity-type domain that WILL sell for $100+, but still can't get an offer to boost it to auction.

To be sure that I am sending domains that are currently listed at Sedo (and were not already pushed as PTA does not remove names too often) I only push the "latest listings" or domains that are at the top of any given category. Unfortunately, I have had many counter offers of (mostly) ridiculous proportions rather than simply pushing the name to auction. Sure, the owner may have forgotten about PTA, but that is why I only push recent listings. None of my PTA listings have been pushed, but as I said, I have pushed PLENTY of domains to auction - all of which have sold for well beyond the $60 offer. Today, I received 3 counter offers, which just bothers me so frankly I am most likely done helping out the PTA community.

I think the creator of the site has done a great job, but if something could be done (maybe a notification service) to communicate the PTA commitment, that would be great.

Okay, </rant>.

•••
that's too bad, cmason. they're probably forgetting that they listed the name with push to auction. i've listed a number of names there but none of them have ever been pushed, so i don't know if sellers get any sort of notification. maybe they have no way of knowing the bid came from pta. if there's no notification, it would be nice if that could be arranged.

•••
Sorry for the newb question here, but how exactly does this work? I've looked over the site, but don't see any description of the process. I understand that you get a bid and can go to auction, as long as it meets your minimum (I've sent quite a few to auction this way), but I'm a bit confused... If someone "pushes" your domain to auction and it receives no other bids, do they have to buy it? If not, how is this going to affect the commission cost charged by SEDO? I imagine that you would only want to request certain domains to be pushed, but I would like to get some details on the way all this works, preferably by someone who has actually used it.

Thanks!

•••
Sorry for the newb question here, but how exactly does this work? I've looked over the site, but don't see any description of the process. I understand that you get a bid and can go to auction, as long as it meets your minimum (I've sent quite a few to auction this way), but I'm a bit confused... If someone "pushes" your domain to auction and it receives no other bids, do they have to buy it? If not, how is this going to affect the commission cost charged by SEDO? I imagine that you would only want to request certain domains to be pushed, but I would like to get some details on the way all this works, preferably by someone who has actually used it.

Thanks!

:hi: desiredname,

I'm not connected with PushToAuctions but will try to help you based on my
understanding of the service.

"...how exactly does this work?"

If you read thru the info listed on the submission page ,you will
most likely understand how it works.

Link here:
PushToAuction.com - Submit Listing
-----

"If someone "pushes" your domain to auction and it receives no other bids, do they have to buy it?"

Yes.

And you're committed to sell it at $60.

By pushing your domain to auction an opening bid of $60 is being made.

If no other bids come in during the 7 day auction, then the domain is sold
for $60 (less Sedo's commission).
----

"how is this going to affect the commission cost charged by SEDO?"

Any domain you want to list at PushToAuctions must already be listed at Sedo.

It's important that any domains you list at PushToAuction also be Parked at Sedo.

The reason this is important is Sedo's commission schedule.

You may know that Sedo charges a 10% commission with a $50 minimum.

If your domain is NOT Parked at Sedo and it's pushed to auction and winds up selling for $60, then you would only get $10 and Sedo would get $50.

If your domain IS Parked at Sedo and it's pushed to auction and winds up selling for $60, then you would get $54 and Sedo would get $6.
---------

I imagine that you would only want to request certain domains to be pushed"

Of course you would only want to list domains that you'd be willing to sell for $60
otherwise you'd be taking a risk.

Last edited:
•••
I tried it and it didn't work for me. The premium listing option did not seem to help my cause. A few bucks spent and a lesson learned. Perhaps the service will get better in the future. I could not recommend it at this time. IMO.

•••
Thanks for the reply tri, rep added. I understood the normal way SEDO worked, but I was reading on another forum in a thread that people were pushing names to auction without actually buying them and this seemed to be a violation of SEDO's terms. Or maybe they are just going on the assumption that the bids will go up. I honestly think it was just someone spouting off, but hey, it was worth checking into a bit more. Obviously, if someone was going to try this, it would make sense to park the name at SEDO first. Anyway, thanks again and Best Wishes.

•••
I tried it and it didn't work for me. The premium listing option did not seem to help my cause. A few bucks spent and a lesson learned. Perhaps the service will get better in the future. I could not recommend it at this time. IMO.

i listed a number of names there, paid for the premium listing and none got pushed. now the site has started tweeting and says this increases visibility and has quickly raised the number of pushes. so i'm thinking about giving them another try.

i've wondered if the problem with the site is its relatively low profile. most of the people who go there, i suspect, go with the intent of selling names - not buying them. anything that raises its visibility with buyers and reminds people of its existence is a good thing, i think.

•••
Thanks for the reply tri, rep added. I understood the normal way SEDO worked, but I was reading on another forum in a thread that people were pushing names to auction without actually buying them and this seemed to be a violation of SEDO's terms. Or maybe they are just going on the assumption that the bids will go up. I honestly think it was just someone spouting off, but hey, it was worth checking into a bit more. Obviously, if someone was going to try this, it would make sense to park the name at SEDO first. Anyway, thanks again and Best Wishes.

You can ask someone to push one of your domains for auction, but not invite someone to do if he's not intended to eventually buy the domain name.

Example:
Buyer - Oh your taradidida.com domain is very cool, i like it, is it for sale?
Seller - Yes, it's listed on Sedo. If you want, you can make the lowest offer possible, $60, and i will put it for auction, and if nobody else will exceed your offer you have the chance to acquire it for only $60.

I don't really know what domain you have submitted there, but usually good domains will have success everywhere, bad domains nowhere.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back