Domain Empire

qnhl.com, any TM issue with it?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I got yesterday qnhl.com, and I am thinking of developing it one day into a forum that discusses hockey, more specifically nhl. qnhl will stand for questions about nhl. Is there any TM issue related to this domain? The majority on the chat area says NO, but what about the others?

Thanks!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
There will be if NHL strongly believes you're exploiting their mark.

•••
•••
Depends entirely on what you do with it.

•••
I said on my first post that I am planning to make it as a forum that discusses hokey and nhl more specifically.

•••
Personally, I doubt you'd face any problems. As long as you don't sell items on that site, and it's basically an informal information site, you should be fine. Besides, Bettman and his crew likely wouldn't be able to hunt you down; they take a year to sign a CBA, who knows how long they'd take to "investigate" you :bah: .

I don't think you should worry :tu: ! I'd surely visit the site; I LOVE hockey :].

Go Leafs Go :red: !

Good Luck!

True_Snake

•••
aboujouj83 said:
I said on my first post that I am planning to make it as a forum that discusses hokey and nhl more specifically.
That description doesn't provide enough information to allow someone to give you an answer. If you use it for non-commercial commentary on NHL then you are pretty much OK. But pretty much any other use has potential issues, although the NHL may overlook certain infringement at their discretion. That's why it depends entirely what you are going to do with it.

•••
Ok, I meant a forum where people discuss hockey games, rumors, trades, rules.
I don't understand exactly what is a "commercial commentary".

•••
Commercial commentary is any commentary you make money off of. So basically if the site is not for profit, and it is for free speech commentary on NHL then you are fine. For your intended use it is likely that it would infringe on NHLs trademark in some way, however it is also likely they would not pursue this in the way most people don't pursue other fan sites.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back