NameSilo

Quote of the Day

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Give a Man a Fish, Feed Him For a Day. Teach a Man to Fish, Feed Him For a Lifetime
Lao Tzu

Enlighten one another with famous quotes.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I personally like:

"build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for the night. set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life"

I have no idea where I heard this one.

•••
I really love this quote “The two most powerful warriors are patience and time.”

•••
A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be. -Gretzky

•••
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other.
Abraham Lincoln

•••
Sometimes only one person is missing and the whole world seems depopulated.

•••
If no one is complaining about you, you are not contributing to society.

•••
When it's a question of money, everybody is of the same religion.

•••
We believe that all men are created equal because they are created in the image of God.
Harry S. Truman

•••
Why does a man take it for granted that a girl who flirts with him wants him to kiss her - when, nine times out of ten, she only wants him to want to kiss her?

•••
"All things are possible until they are proved impossible - and even the impossible may only be so, as of now." ~Pearl S. Buck

•••
Efforts and courage are not enough without purpose and direction.
John F. Kennedy

•••
Confidence... thrives only on honesty, on honor, on the sacredness of obligation, on faithful performance. Without them, it cannot live.
Franklin D. Roosevelt

•••
"A positive attitude will not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort." - Herm Albright

•••
America was not built on fear. America was built on courage, on imagination, and unbeatable determination to do the job at hand.
Harry S. Truman

•••
I praise good thoughts, good words, and good deeds and those that are to be thought, spoken, and done. I do accept all good thoughts, good words, and good deeds. I do renounce all evil thoughts, evil words, and evil deeds.
Zarathushtra

•••
You owe it to yourself to be the best you can possibly be - in baseball and in life. - Pete Rose

•••
S~ said:
"Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad".

(No idea who said it originally).

Funny you should mention that...
I live in OHIO , and our state has declared that we now have an 'official fruit' and it's the TOMATO , no joke....

NOW for a quote that I came up with...

" Life Lives off Life so Life can stay Alive "

•••
Anything good in life is either illegal, immoral or fattening!
(don't know by whom...)

•••
Good Thoughts
Good Words
Good Deeds

Zarathushtra

•••
Making hundreds of friends is not a big deal but making a friend who can stand with you against hundreds is a big deal.

•••
2 from my side .. Love both of them:

1) Always remember money is not everything ...but make sure tht u have made a lot of it before talking such nonsense (Bill Gates)

2)Money can't buy happiness...but somehow it's m0re comfortable to cry in a BMW thn on a bicycle (Shakespeare)

Thanks
PHYza

•••
I've got one more,which is not very serious:
There are 3 ways to make money. You can inherit it. You can marry it. You can steal it.

•••
Completely Agree on this one-->Its always better to have a clever enemy than to have a foolish friend.

•••
"Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die tomorrow."

James Dean

•••
Trusting in God will never make the mountain smaller but will help you climbing it...
Don't ask him for a lighter load but ask him for a stronger back :)
Thanks
PHYza

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back