NameSilo

Reasonable time frame to expect payment from NP buyer?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hello,

Im running into a situation with a buyer here on NamePros and I was wondering if fellow members could give me some advice...

What does everyone consider a reasonable time frame to wait for payment for a domain sold on here?

In other words I would also say, how long is too long for you?

FYI its been 8 days since an agreement was reached between myself and the buyer. Buyer has not given me a date that payment will be made, only estimates so far (in 48 business hours, in a week, etc...). Buyer is a "reputable" NP member as well.

Thanks to all for your input

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think 72 hours will be appropriate.

But I would like to give upto 5-7 days depending on buyers situation.

Cheers!!

•••
72 hours is more than reasonable.

Brad

•••
Sometimes it's best to stipulate what your payment
expectations are in the sales thread - for example
"Payment to be made within 48 Hours of the winning bid"
If they need longer they should contact you Prior to the
sale ending.

But the max for me would be 7 days unless previously arranged.

•••
Heck you just reminded me I had a sale pending since last week.

[bah]Runs to PM to find paypal address[/bah]

•••
No more than 72 hours after the sale price. Anything further should be stipulated.

•••
Have you contacted the buyer about payment? Have you sent them a PM to remind them? Have they been on NPs since you have sent them the reminder? If yes I would have expected a response by now, even if it's explaining the delay.

If you question that they might be avoiding paying then send it to a MOD & ask their assistance in contacting the buyer.

•••
72 Hours unless buyer sets rules in PM.

Negative Feedback

•••
48 hours for the first transaction. If I know the buyer and reputable I will wait for a month as long as the market price is stable. You should contact the buyer when he/she can pay.

•••
If you are having troubles coming to an agreement and need an NP Team member to step in and help negotiate this along, please contact me. I would be happy to assist you in completing this transaction.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back