IT.COM

apps Rebrandly, the next generation URL shortener app

Spaceship
Watch

News

Hand-picked NewsTop Member
Impact
When you copy and paste long and ugly links into your favorite URL shortener (e.g. no_url_shorteners), and then share them with your audience, you probably don’t think much of it, right? You shorten them to fit into Twitter’s 140 character limit, to make a post or email look nicer. And that’s probably okay for most folks… But for the digital marketers, social media managers, musicians, brand and marketing agencies of the world, the next generation of URL shorteners might be of interest.
Of course, you will have to register a custom domain name, but those are easy to find in the $2 to $10 range. Now you might be thinking, “Oh, well that means I’m going to have to setup an account with GoDaddy or some other registrar and maybe this isn’t really worth the hassle…”. But something else Rebrandly has done to make this easy for the bootstrapped startup running in 100 different directions all at once, is become their own domain registrar. This is different, and it makes it a one stop shop.
Launched in October of 2015 at WebSummit, Rebrandly is a powered by a link tracking company called ClickMeter, which can be used for advanced analytics on your branded links. The Rebrandly app just became available on July 5th, 2016. Rebrandly has been featured at StartupGrind Europe 2016, Virgin Media Bussiness VOOM 2016, Codemotion, Amazon Web Services, and others. The team is now working hard to increase the number of integrations to digital marketers’ favorite tools, and will be announcing some big product improvements which make sharing and tracking your links even easier...
Read More

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Bitly Pro is better. It's free, provides stats and analytics, all for free

•••
I didn't even know this was a thing lol. If I'm sending a link in an email or text etc I just link a word in the text. Seems I still have a lot to learn lol

•••
I didn't even know this was a thing lol. If I'm sending a link in an email or text etc I just link a word in the text. Seems I still have a lot to learn lol
You can link in HTML e-mails. But can't insert a link in Twitter, text message, whatsapp etc

•••
I'd still go with no_url_shorteners.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back