Experts, I need your advice.

I recently found a 5L .com domain with an appraisal value of

a)GoValue - $ 1,545
b) Estibot - $ 200
c) Saw - $ 5,000
d) Furm - $ 3,686
e) DP Checker - $ 137
f) Nameworth - $ 24,500

1) Is there a market for selling 5L. .com domains at this point?

2) Should I register the domain and try to sell it, or is it not worth the risk?

Thanks in advance for your help!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
With brandables you never know even knowing the name, let alone without it...
These stats generally mean nothing even with keyword names, and again - much less with 5-letter brandable...
If you want, shoot me the name in PM and I'll tell you my opinion (but even this won't mean much)))))) unless the name is really ugly.
Also, you can apply it to BrandBucket and SquadHelp Premium - what do they say? At least to know how BB estimates it.

•••
You cannot rely on these tools or any other appraisal tools to assess the quality of the domain. Yes, 5L .com domains have a market, and if it is of high quality, it has a chance for sale.

Good luck

•••
5L have no inherent value. They're not like 4L which you can liquidate for at least $100.

Of course, if it an actual word like quill.com then it has value, but the value would be in the word.

•••
I guess pronounceable 5L's (and even 6L's) coms may be pretty popular for branding, and so have a decent chance of getting sold.

Last edited:
•••
There are 11,881,376 possible (5) letter .com.

They don't really have any inherent value unless it is a good combo.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
If it is available for hand reg it's most likely garbage - all the decent 5L .coms were taken quite a while back......and I'm talking good pronounceable CVCVC or VCVCV patterns or other good (pronounceable) combinations.......

When you break down the numbers.......

55,125 VCVCV combinations
231,525 CVCVC combinations

My view hasn't changed from a couple of years ago.....

https://www.namepros.com/threads/good-5-letter-domains-are-looking-good.1242294/

•••
Hey :) Just an opinion from a newbie, dont take this for 100% true. Im learning consequently.

Well, when you look at other words like CHIPS or the Chinese market in general, CVCVC or CVCV is not always the best:

Look at this amazing Analysis from @007in :
https://www.namepros.com/threads/cvcv-domain-names-analysis-in-chinese.996585/

Just a little quote:
But if you think CVCV is C + V + C + V ,that is WRONG! CVCV is CV + CV.

The key point is that the combination of C and V can be spelled and pronounced. Just like Qa, qe, qo, xa, xe, xo, vu ,

Nevertheless, what I have learnt is that it all depends on patience and a good name that is brandable.

For shorter domains, I think - its almost impossible (thinking of 3L domains), I just think of car etc.

But the combination limit which is "really" pronounceable is limited.

Just check Namebios (Even this is only an indicator, as past sales do not necessarily mean future sales) - Economic situation etc.

Dont know if the new gTLD has affected the pricing of the top level domains, im too new in this market to answer that question, thats maybe for people who have been flipping, developing etc for years.

Best :)

•••
already in 5L jerking off to combinations.. withdrawal from creativity. domainerish

•••
I am interested in the CVCCV patterns. A lot have been registered but there are also many that are unregistered. There are some great LLLLL.com patterns that have been poorly defined in the marketplace. Better classification of LLLLL.com categories could help strengthen the market.

•••
I have 5L Domains that have good value, some of them are even (CCVCCI) like slots, chill, check -> not mine, but there are pretty nice words in that combination as well.

But Yes, CVCCV has at least according to history data the highest sales.

Best

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back