Domain Empire

Registration costs

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
I don't quite understand how a domain costs $30 on enom.com and $9 on godaddy. Could somebody explain. Thanks.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Very simple, it's a free market.

Registrars all pay a $6 fee to the registry for each domain they register and they are allowed to sell domains at any cost they wish.

In fact, the two most popular registrars, Network Solutions and Register.Com, both charge over $30 per year.

As for eNom, I suspect most of their customers do not pay $30 year. Their company caters to many resellers and sub-resellers that purchase domains for as low as $6.95.

•••
Yes, exactly what RJ is stating. It kind of depends on how greedy the company is ;)

Godaddy and other low priced domain registars are really making the higher priced registars a run for their money. However many newbies still get sucked into an idea of actually owning their own domain to check out their options and end of paying more than they have to and regretting it later. Glad you did your research and realized the price differences. Most of the more expensive registars don't compare to Godaddy's service. You should check any company out before you make a purchase.

•••
This all makes sense. So is godaddy like an enom reseller? Or are they their own registrar?

•••
hey are there own registrar if im not mistaken.

•••
I call this competition. Small companies must set low prices.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back