Domain Empire

REP anymore?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
So does anyone leave rep anymore?

I haven't seen it float through this forum in quite sometime.
I did noticed that the like and thanks feature boost it up by 1 point... but it isn't the same!

NOTE: PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE REP ON THIS THREAD AS IT IS NOT ITS INTENTION.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Occasionally, but not usually. Would be good if 'likes' and 'thanks' worked alongside it. Plus, maybe make the top rep levels harder to achieve as I definitely don't have a reputation beyond repute :D

•••
Likes and Thanks killed Rep.

•••
Nowdays you need to like your way to the top lol

I still regular rep some people but for the most part a thank or like is sufficient

Occasionally, but not usually. Would be good if 'likes' and 'thanks' worked alongside it.

They do add to the counter that derives your level. A person can get to greatness by likes alone.

I definitely don't have a reputation beyond repute :D

I dare anyone to repute your reputation, we will get liquidcherry to rough house them.:lol: I thought you hit greatness already.

like and thanks feature boost it up by 1 point... but it isn't the same!

Correct regular reps are more than 1 lol

•••

I did noticed that the like and thanks feature boost it up by 1 point... but it isn't the same!

The only time I have received rep's is when I find Godaddy codes, I like to leave reps when a post has something to offer.

To add, I did get a little upset when I offered an available domain over at Available Domain Names, SmartGlasses.mobi and it was snatched up within an hour and they didn't bother give me a rep or even thank me so no more free names from me.

Last edited:
•••
I like the likes now. :) Pure habit I suppose thanks to Facebook.

•••
Likes are easier (no popups). Although there's a difference. Back then, repping someone was the only thing you could do to thank them for an interesting post or if they helped answer your questions.

But today, you can thank someone for their post, then you can like their post if it's interesting or whatnot. Repping I suppose is if you're old school or if you're giving out freebies. :D

Haven't been on Namepros for quite a while actually, there are so many changes (especially in terms of activity level). Marketplace is practically dead.

•••
Haven't been on Namepros for quite a while actually, there are so many changes (especially in terms of activity level). Marketplace is practically dead.

We are working to fix this!!

•••
I actually disliked a post the other day. Made me feel dirty inside. Had to go have a shower to clean off afterwards.

:guilty:

In all seriousness, I like the 'like' / 'thanks' system - but I look forward to a breakdown of how they affect rep.

•••
I disliked a post and undisliked it once I realized it leaves your name above it!

•••
I disliked a post and undisliked it once I realized it leaves your name above it!

I can only imagine if it didn't leave a name when you use the Dislike button, the Dislike button would get worn out and everyone would have "User is infamous around these parts (-1000)"

:)

•••
I still try to give Reps when warranted. Without which it seems members trying to build their credibility do not stand a chance with one only point likes and thanks clicks.

However, I have noticed lately I get a message that reads something similar to 'glad you like this member but give to another before giving to so-and-so again.' Until the past couple of weeks I haven't been on here for months so I fail to see why it doesn't allow it for some members.

Nonetheless, though I still like and believe in giving Reps, I do enjoy also giving simple thanks or likes on the lesser important posts.

-Regards

•••
I still try to give Reps when warranted. Without which it seems members trying to build their credibility do not stand a chance with one only point likes and thanks clicks.

However, I have noticed lately I get a message that reads something similar to 'glad you like this member but give to another before giving to so-and-so again.' Until the past couple of weeks I haven't been on here for months so I fail to see why it doesn't allow it for some members.

Nonetheless, though I still like and believe in giving Reps, I do enjoy also giving simple thanks or likes on the lesser important posts.

-Regards

Well said.
I hope the Reps dont ever go away.

I think one of the problems is that some people especially newbies dont know what a Rep really is, I have had replies to several different post that said they gave me a Rep but in fact they gave me a Thank You or a Like.

The Rep button is not well defined and the image is not clearly understood.
I think just the word "Rep" instead of an image could make a big difference.
:imho:

•••
Hmm where is the rep. Before I left for a while I thought there was a display of your NP$ too. Oh well I guess changes are coming.

---------- Post added at 05:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:22 PM ----------

Nothing like throwing yah under the bus huh. lol

•••
•••
Hmm where is the rep. Before I left for a while I thought there was a display of your NP$ too. Oh well I guess changes are coming.

The rep is represented by the green bar in the forum post under your picture. In the control panel it is below your subscribed threads.

NP$ display was removed when NamePros was revamped to have less of a focus on it. You can view a members NP in their profile.

Ray

•••
The rep is represented by the green bar in the forum post under your picture. In the control panel it is below your subscribed threads.

I would think he means "where the button to give a rep". Its the white "scale" between the online/offline circle and the report triangle.

•••
I use the rep button on the occasional post I find to be overly helpful or funny but most of the time I just hit "like" or "thanks" buttons.

•••
Rep given.

Just kidding. :lol:

•••
One other thing I would like to see is the Rep time limit be reduced.

I tried to give someone a rep yesterday and I couldnt because I gave them a rep about a month ago and it still wont let me.

I would think 1 - 2 weeks would be more sufficient.

•••
One other thing I would like to see is the Rep time limit be reduced.

I tried to give someone a rep yesterday and I couldnt because I gave them a rep about a month ago and it still wont let me.

I would think 1 - 2 weeks would be more sufficient.

I don't think it's a time limit. I think you have to give rep to other users before giving to the initial user again.

•••
I don't think it's a time limit. I think you have to give rep to other users before giving to the initial user again.

I have, I have given several people rep's since the person I couldnt give one to.

•••
To be fair, 'rep' is a personal achievement rather than important in proving your trustworthiness in a purchase or sale. That means there's no real harm in removing the limits altogether - if two people really want to get together and spam rep each other then its only them that has to live with the feeling of false achievement. ;)

•••
I have, I have given several people rep's since the person I couldnt give one to.

I think it's 8-10 before you can rep the same person again... not sure tho.

I still think the rep system rocks, far better than the like/thanks.
For one thing , it takes a little work (not much) to rep someone... makes it more worthwhile, imo.

One another note.... Hi Sabre,
Nice to see you posting again, you first time poster, you... lol

Peace,
Cy

•••
I think one of the problems is that some people especially newbies dont know what a Rep really is, I have had replies to several different post that said they gave me a Rep but in fact they gave me a Thank You or a Like.

The Rep button is not well defined and the image is not clearly understood.
I think just the word "Rep" instead of an image could make a big difference.
:imho:

I still say a better defined Rep Button would be better.
Newbies still don't know how or where to rep.

Nowadays I cant even get a rep when I post Godaddy coupons, I use to always get reps for those.

:|

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back