Dynadot

various Report Completed Domain Name Sales Here

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

RJ

Domain BuyerTop Member
Impact
This thread is a central location to report domain name sales of any dollar amount.

As much information as you can include about the transaction is welcome, but at a bare minimum please include the domain name(s), the sale price, and whether you were the seller.

Good luck with your sales!

Please use the Like and Thank links on a post to indicate that you like it or are thankful for it being shared.

Do not post only, "great sale" or similar as this doesn't contribute to the thread. (Don't reply for the sole purpose of complimenting.)
  • Tip: Use the Like/Thanks feature instead.

Questions are allowed, but do not post commentary. If you want to discuss or comment on a sale in this thread, quote it and then post it in the following thread instead:

Suggested template (bold details are required):

Domain name:

Sale venue:​
Listing type:​
Listing upgrades:​
Seller:​
Asking price:​
Sale price:​
Purchase venue:​
Purchase price:​
Details:​

Suggested values / explanations:
  • Sale venue: Sold at NamePros, outbound direct, inbound direct, etc.
  • Listing type: Make Offer, Fixed price, Auction, Auction with Buy-It-Now, Reverse auction, etc.
  • Listing upgrades: Premium package, featured listing, etc.
  • Seller: me, a friend, a friend of a friend, a colleague, someone else, unknown, etc.
  • Purchase venue: Where (and the year) the seller purchased the domain name originally.
  • Details: Any additional details about the domain name like how you bought it, how long you had it before it sold, its age, etc.

Examples:

Domain name: ThisDomain.com​
Sale venue: NamePros (2016)​
Listing type: Make offer with Buy-It-Now​
Listing upgrades: Featured listing​
Seller: Me​
Asking price: $950​
Sale price: $830​
Purchase venue: NamePros (2015)​
Purchase price: $25​
Details: Acquired from a reseller. 5 years old domain. Had for 1 year before resold.​

Domain name: ThatDomain.com​
Sale venue: GoDaddy Auctions (2012)​
Listing type: 7-day Public Auction​
Listing upgrades: N/A​
Seller: Someone else​
Asking price: N/A​
Sale price: $60​
Purchase venue: Hand registration (2009)​
Purchase price: $8​
Details: I watched its auction. The auction description said it was hand-registered the same day it dropped (from expiration).​

Important:
  • If you don't want to provide any other information about the sale besides what you've posted, then include "no further details" or "NFD" in your post.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
1663015557992.png

Drop reg, 8 months hold time

No further details.

•••
Domain: PhygitalSculpture [.com]

SP: $450
SV: Afternic
ST: Inbound, BIN
CP: $7.99 [handreg]
HT: 10months + 12days

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-09-12 at 15.41.33.png
    Screenshot 2022-09-12 at 15.41.33.png
    174.2 KB · Views: 77
•••
a/l/p/h/a/c/l/u/b.net
Sold for $1500
Venue Afternic
Hold time: 2year&6month

•••
Humble request to you all to keep the thread clean and related to domain name sales only.
This is a sacred thread, let's keep it clean and grow together!

•••
A few of my summer sales.

M/y/C/l/o/u/d/W/a/l/l/e/t/.com $2,995 Afternic ( Last Week)

Hold Time - 2019
GD Closeout

B/e/t/H/u/b/.co $988 Afternic (July)

Hold Time -2018
Hand Reg
(Probably could have got more but, no bites at low/mid x,xxx)

T/i/d/a/l/F/i .com $1,499 Afternic (August)
Hold Time -2021
Hand Reg

DA08D11B-46F3-47C1-AE94-0AB216764F02.jpeg

Last edited:
•••
20220913_194926.png

Less than 2 month ( 45 days aprox )
Still for sale MetaVerso .us 🤪

•••
Domain: A r e a C o d e (.) i n f o
Sale price: $59 (BIN)
Venue: Afternic Fast Transfer network
Cost: $2 (hand reg)
Hold: ~10 months

Tiny-tiny sale, but it's a .info :)

Last year I hand registered 10 .info domains after playing with dotdb for the first time. Beginner's mistake and beginner's luck. Funny thing, the day before I sent a pic of the famous Godaddy socks to my phone. I wish I had sold something a bit more expensive, but I guess the socks did their best 😅

Best of luck to the new owner.

•••
Domain: multiforce.net
Sale price : $1
Sale venue: Dynadot user auction
i get $0.90

-------------------------------------------

Domain: goldjewels.net
i get $0.90

-----------------------------------------------------
Because of the happiness with this deal My heart is broken Now 💔

Attachments

• gold.jpeg
    gold.jpeg
    47.7 KB · Views: 146
  • mult.jpeg
    mult.jpeg
    49 KB · Views: 142
•••
Untitled.png

Sedo BIN, hand reg, hold time 1 year (just expired, I renewed it now).

Edit: Appraisal from Dotible, just for curiosity:

Untitled2.png

I had a bunch of similar NFT domains and only this one sold so far. The NFT hasn't worked for me as well as metaverse handregs for example. The appraiser tool doesn't see much volume in both NFT term (good but still kind of meh) and "deus" is rarely used so it suggest a price to ensure a sale soon. 5% SV is really weak BTW.

This domain could have been sold for more if kept for longer but I'm not taking the risk. But today I have much better domains to invest in or to renew.

Edit2: Haven't seen many NFT sales lately at high numbers, for quite a while actually. It probably cooled down, we'll see what the future holds for this trend.

Last edited:
•••
Domain: multiforce.net
i get $0.90

-------------------------------------------

Domain: goldjewels.net
i get $0.90

-----------------------------------------------------
Because of the happiness with this deal My heart is broken Now 💔

Be strong & work hard
Both GoldJewels & Multiforce deserve much much much more
Can't you post on other marketplaces ?
imo i think at least 100$ can be sold but maybe don't have time to wait just say but if you want some advice you can write me a PM 🤗

•••
Be strong & work hard
Both GoldJewels & Multiforce deserve much much much more
Can't you post on other marketplaces ?
imo i think at least 100$ can be sold but maybe don't have time to wait just say but if you want some advice you can write me a PM 🤗
It was my first and last experience in the user auction on Dynadot. I set a starting price of $1 I thought there would be people interested in placing a bid. Unfortunately, I was not so lucky, the auction was won by the only person who placed a $1 bid. I will not do it again :-D
thank you for you offering the help! of course I would be interested to share experiences.

•••
Evermore.xyz sold for $14888 @Afternic
Myna.xyz sold for $7000 @Afternic
Apiary.xyz sold for $6500 @Afternic
Validator.xyz sold for $5500 @DAN.COM
Indelible.xyz sold for $4944 @Sedo

No further details please. Thank you.

•••
thriversale.png

265 GBP
Hold time 67 days
SEDO venue
Also for sale Thrivers.us :tightlyclosedeyes:

Last edited:
•••
1663176401344.png

PS: Sale happend shortly after the famous GD socks went viral on social media. It got to be magic in them. ;)

•••
1663241343707.png

Details:
This sale is special for me as it is the fastest sale i've ever done.

• Bought this name via backorder on 08-17 for $25 (listed it instantly for $1,988)
  • Received offer of €900 / ~ $900 on 08-27
  • Countered 1.700 € - no response after two days
  • Rejected my offer and countered 1.500 € - no resonse
  • Rejected my offer again and countered 1.150 € - no resonse
  • Rejected my counter offers and accepted the 900€ / ~ $900 offer from buyer
  • No response from buyer although agreement was reached - DAN sent payment reminders
  • Big thanks to Ani from DAN (my account manager) as she called the buyer and he told he'll check the payment later that day
  • Again no responses after some time and follow ups / payment reminders via mail
  • I agreed then to cancell the agreement and set the domain back for sale due to none payment of buyer
  • And a few hours after setting it back for sale i received the message that the payment is done
  • Deal (transfer and payout) at that moment was smooth and easy like always at DAN
  • Received payment on 09-12

Again: huge thanks to Ani @DAN.COM as she did and amazing job with following up via mail and phone after agreement was reached

No further infos!

•••
Domain: Temoo dot com
Sale Date: 08.19.22
Sale Price: $54,900 (BIN)
Sale Venue: Dan
Acquisition Date: 12.19.20
Acquisition Source: GD Auction
Acquisition Price: $413
Hold Time: ~608 days

•••
Some additional sales I haven't posted:

Domain: SimpleCompare dot com
Price: $5,000 (Negotiated)
Sale Venue: Dan
Seller: Me

Domain: CaliforniaVoterGuide dot com
Price: $2,950 (BIN)
Sale Venue: Afternic

Domain: Surcie dot com
Price: $3,700 (BIN)
Sale Venue: Afternic

Last edited:
•••
This was special domain for me because not only i liked the sound of it but also it was from my initial handregs domain in brandable category. It was from the first list of my submission to brandbucket. It was accepted at brandbucket for 1995. I had registered in 2016 the year when i started domain trading. I had got this for 1 euro at fasthosts good old days @varmuk @DonDraper remember bros.

Screenshot_20220916-021257_Gmail.jpg

I kept listing it at brandbucket until one day in 2020 during bulk nameserver change, the nameserver of this domain was also updated to something else as a result of which brandbucket removed it and i noticed only after few months that its listing was disabled. I tried to relist at brandbucket but somehow was not able to republish. I did contact julia then she told me now you will be able to republish. But there was still some error. Then i listed at dan and very soon it got sold on BIN price in feb 2021 for 1575 euro which was roughly 1995 USD during those days.
Screenshot_20220916-020450_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
•••
I had got this for 1 euro at fasthosts good old days @varmuk @DonDraper remember bros.
So much fun...Bro
I would say that mostly all i know about domaining i learned in that period.
It was an awesome gym

•••
ethxp.com
sept. 14 22
b i n $5000
afternic
hand reg sept '21
most eth+ll going for much less, more than happy with price. eth+ll sales at afternic almost unheard of.
(was in transfer at time of sale, a bit of a hassle chatting with ns and dd cancelling that. didn't want to deal with 60 day lock)

•••
Domain: Web3PM [.com]

SP: $1,450
SV: Afternic
ST: Inbound*, BIN
CP: $7.99 [handreg]
HT: 9 months + 7 days

*Reached out to a potential buyer last month. Don't yet know if they're the buyer.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-09-17 at 11.37.22.png
    Screenshot 2022-09-17 at 11.37.22.png
    121 KB · Views: 77
•••
My second sale within a month, this has never happened to me before.
1663453529233.png

Funds have been received and the domain is now with the buyer.

Hold time: 6 days
Total portfolio size at time of sale: 130 domains.

Note:
This sale highlights the importance of immediately listing newly aquried domains to marketplaces. If I had waited a week I may have missed out.

No further info

•••
Y e s - D i g i t a l . c o m

- sold for $500 last day of August
- was expired already, I had to pay renewal and recover fee ($98)

1663477439448.png

•••
Received the Sale of GreenLightPay.com

Selling Price : $2222
Venue : Afternic
Date : 02.09.2022

Buying Price : $10
Venue : Dropcatch
Date : 22.05.2022

Total Investment : $10
Holding Time : 3 Months Approx
Portfolio Size : 1150 Domains Approx

Last edited:
•••
1663509762450.png

This one isn’t going to make me rich, but is an interesting one to demonstrate that patience is sometimes rewarded:

July 2018 – I bought the domain as part of a bulk purchase. Cost allocation was $15.
Sept 2019 – Received an offer of $75. Low offers went back and forward – my final was @ $180 but no agreement reached.
Nov 2020 – Received an offer of $250 (same buyer) and I countered with $480. He said the $250 was firm and I dropped to $330, but no agreement reached.
Feb 2021 – Received an offer of $150 (same buyer). I declined the offer then set the BIN to $450 and didn’t hear anything else.
Sept 2022 – Same buyer bought at BIN.

So, 3 years to get the deal done, and I got nearly triple the price I would have settled for originally. I recently renewed out to 2024, so maybe he could see I wasn’t budging.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back