Dynadot

Reseller businesses

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I would like to know, how would I start a reseller business? Would I need a content website, if so, where could I get content. Also, how are there any web "franchises" out there, so that I don't actually have to design and set up a website, but still be able to sell products for commission?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Umm.. Resell what?
Ill come back and answer after.

•••
I never even took the time to ask someone / research about what a reseller is. So anyone mind telling me?

•••
In this context, a reseller is someone who sells products or services provided by another company. The reseller is usually committed to large-volume purchases, in exchange for a large discount, and usually in exhange for providing front end product support.

We see a lot of resellers in the hosting and domain name business, credit card sales, merchant accounts, adult, and pharma/drugs, but really the product or service could be virtually anything under the sun.

•••
Originally posted by armstrong
In this context, a reseller is someone who sells products or services provided by another company. The reseller is usually committed to large-volume purchases, in exchange for a large discount, and usually in exhange for providing front end product support.

We see a lot of resellers in the hosting and domain name business, credit card sales, merchant accounts, adult, and pharma/drugs, but really the product or service could be virtually anything under the sun.

He pretty much summed up the general info but if you want to get more in detail you need to explain what you are reselling.

•••
I might be offer reseller hosting services? is that what u mean?

•••
reselling ebooks, readymade stuff, webdesigns......etc...

nuthing easy..all need promotion and "agressive" marketing IMHO

:bingo:

•••
I might be interested in reselling books, or earning a comission from such. Small things like books, CDs, etc. How would I go about starting such a thing (I heard amazon have quite a good reseller/affiliate program).

•••
This is what I would do. Search for the different options. Look for the best company to resell for. Create a website and build its traffic and rep. Start collecting commission. If you are affiliating and making a link to their site it may be less cost to you and easier money.

•••
I have to create a website :( Where do I get the content for a website from?

•••
Originally posted by Redman

You make it up yourself. Theres nothing better than your own original work.

You can off course use similar websites for inspiration and to get ideas for content, but no copying! :p

•••
•••
I might be interested in reselling books, or earning a comission from such. Small things like books, CDs, etc. How would I go about starting such a thing (I heard amazon have quite a good reseller/affiliate program).

Amazon!
They have a reseller service. Go have a look!

•••

You can do one yourself or hire someone that can help you. You can also go to those links provided but i would suggest custom if you are real serious and or in for the long haul

•••
Originally posted by Elefekt
You can do one yourself or hire someone that can help you. You can also go to those links provided but i would suggest custom if you are real serious and or in for the long haul

Ditto. Nothing drives people away like uncreativity! :o

•••
These guys have said everything I wanted to say....

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back