Reserved name

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I am thinking to register company names like:

1and1
sedo
enom

in different ccTLD that I am interested.

Is there any problem in term of law?

Is it true if I propose to sell to them later on without any law problem as long as the company name not a TM (trademark) ?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Your wasting your money if you register names like that. Can you spell "cease and desist" letter?

•••
Re: Reserved name

Originally posted by joebio91
I am thinking to register company names like:
1and1
sedo
enom
in different ccTLD that I am interested.
Is there any problem in term of law?
Is it true if I propose to sell to them later on without any law problem as long as the company name not a TM (trademark) ?

If it's a TM name then DO NOT register any. If it's not TM then go ahead, reg them.

Maybe you would find answers to your questions from the links provided below:

http://arbiter.wipo.int/domains/rules/cctld/index.html

http://www.icann.org/udrp/udrp-policy-24oct99.htm

good luck
:talk:

•••
Thanks for the great infos.

How about related to group music/band names.
I don't think it's a TM but not sure it's ok to register them though.

For fans related website probably ok, but if just reserved/parked that domain. Is that ok???

•••
well, I think you can still lose them.. supposedly -RJ- lost tupac.com a while ago

•••
huh, how could you lose tupac, when 1 its a name, and 2 hes dead. lol

•••
:lol: how is that possible?

•••
To tell you the truth I would stay away from registering existing company names even if their different TLD's. Just for the sake of not having to have your domain taken away because of some trademark infringement or something like that.

•••
You are cybersquatting when you do that.

•••
I think you will have problems only when you provide the same service as they do under the domain.
Iam using a trademarked(worlds biggest service providers name) domain for 2 years without problems.
But still you may have risk if that trademarked domain becomes popular.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back