IT.COM

Rick Schwartz Threatens a daily tweet against Estibot and Go\Daddy - What do you think?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Robbie

RobbiesBlog.comTop Member
Impact
Rick Schwartz aka the Domain King, tweeted the below out on Wednesday and then retweeted this on Thursday with the threat he might retweet daily...

#Domainers that give these FAKE estimate tools any credibility are IDIOTS!! Don't support this CRAP! These folks
@estibotcom
@Godaddy
are your ENEMY!! These companies are costing you your LIVELIHOODS!! DEMAND THEIR REMOVAL!! Don't be fools any longer! #Domains #DomainNames

So what do you think? Are Estibot and GoDaddy GoValue appraisals a threat to the domain name industry?

As Rick would put it "letting them steal dollars out your pocket" with many end-user quoting these prices as the values of the domain name.

Rick goes on to show in a later tweet the Estibot appraisal of GoBet.com of $7,100 USD, however as we know Rick sold GoBet.com for $850,000 USD.

What do you think?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-01-08 at 14.24.39.png
    Screenshot 2021-01-08 at 14.24.39.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 363
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi

years from now, the newbies will be just as naive' then as many are now
and that, along with others who promote it, will make it "seem" like they are more of all the things you said.

but in reality, users, will be less.
less inclined to use their own minds and perform hands-on research, and more inclined to rely on the easiest methods that are served before them..

Hi
here is my formula

Hi

it's funny,
but when you looking at that apex,
admiring those at the peak of the pyramid
the people on it, the rising stars'
gasping at the big dollars they making
seeing it as the goal in achievement/growth process

then, suddenly when they say some :poop: one can't swallow
P, starts to rain down from the heavens.

i guess in those conditions, one should keep their mouth closed and say nothing at all.

just saying....

imo...

Au contraire,

I'm the little old grey fella beavering away building his own pyramid. I'll ask you all (well, most of you) to join me when it is complete.

I don't even use Twitter or LinkedIn so I must truly be screwed. How will I ever make money as a domainer?

Maybe it is just the thrill of the chase.

I'm at the bottom on the ground admiring the hustlers who started with nothing and are now outselling their privileged forbears who were lucky enough to get in early doors. I wonder how many would fare today starting again with nothing but a few quid in their back pocket.

It is like discussing why apples are better than oranges. One is orange so it must be better lol.

I'm presuming that everyone knows that my question was rhetorical and their truly cannot be an answer.

I will come back when my race is run and we can compare figures.

Regards,

Reddstagg

•••
He is right but I think but what can you do!? These tools harm the industry as buyers with little experience believe in them and they take that as a bases to negotiate on the price of a domain. I mean I have noticed that godaddy uses sales data that is many years old as well as reseller pricing data which is not relevant but we are not organised enough to get them removed. We can start by not using them as a first step maybe.

•••
Who cares about estibot & GD appraisals. They probably lure domainers and lurkers. Plenty of people/end-users are willing to pay the right price for the right domain ( they can afford it.)

•••
•••
The best scenario is that the domainer develops naming skills, which is an art more than science, and is able to hold on to the right domains long term until the right buyer

Exactly most ignore it's an art.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back