NameSilo

Sav Official Thread

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Nick R

VIP Member
Sav.com Staff
Impact
Hello NamePros community! We are creating a single thread where we can share announcements in, talk about product updates, people can ask questions and host a great discussion on all things domains!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@kaposzta @tonitan84 When an issue does come up, please submit a support ticket to [email protected] and DM us the ticket number & your email so we can look into it right away. We are unable to look into any issues posted directly in this thread as we do not have a way to access your Sav account based off your NP username.

•••
@kaposzta @tonitan84 When an issue does come up, please submit a support ticket to [email protected] and DM us the ticket number & your email so we can look into it right away. We are unable to look into any issues posted directly in this thread as we do not have a way to access your Sav account based off your NP username.

I partly agree. This is the 'Official thread'.

It's good for all members to see how the registrar is solving issues that are relevant to all.

•••
Hello,
I can not change my name servers for a few days. My ticket number is 123598 I also have a problem too. The problem is that some websites which I have, can not resolve. I think that is related to name server change problem. I have sent a dm to you. Can you help me?

---

My problem is solved. Thank you for fast solving. :)

Last edited:
•••
Hello All - The last few tickets we have looked at where people thought NS changes were not going through were really due to domains being disabled due to the link in the WHOIS Contact Verification email not being clicked. If that link is not clicked in 14 days a clientHold is placed on the domain which deactivates it and prevents any NS changes. If you encounter this, just click the link in the email again and the domains will reactivate, although it may take a few hours to process. We are going to add a ToDo list item to give a link to re-send the email from the Domain Manager incase it is missed.

All we need to look into an issue is a DM with a ticket number. A post in this thread is not needed in addition to the DM. If you do want to post publicly as well, we just ask that you update the post with the resolution as well once the ticket is solved so people reading the thread see both the request and the resolution.

Also, as we seem to need to mention frequently, when an issue does come up, please submit a support ticket to [email protected] and DM us the ticket number & your email so we can look into it right away. We are unable to look into any issues posted directly in this thread as we do not have a way to access your Sav account based off your NP username.

•••
Hello All - The last few tickets we have looked at where people thought NS changes were not going through were really due to domains being disabled due to the link in the WHOIS Contact Verification email not being clicked. If that link is not clicked in 14 days a clientHold is placed on the domain which deactivates it and prevents any NS changes. If you encounter this, just click the link in the email again and the domains will reactivate, although it may take a few hours to process. We are going to add a ToDo list item to give a link to re-send the email from the Domain Manager incase it is missed.

All we need to look into an issue is a DM with a ticket number. A post in this thread is not needed in addition to the DM. If you do want to post publicly as well, we just ask that you update the post with the resolution as well once the ticket is solved so people reading the thread see both the request and the resolution.

Also, as we seem to need to mention frequently, when an issue does come up, please submit a support ticket to and DM us the ticket number & your email so we can look into it right away. We are unable to look into any issues posted directly in this thread as we do not have a way to access your Sav account based off your NP username.

Thanks Nick for the fast response. I can confirm that my problem from above is exactly this case and has been solved.

Btw, may I suggest next time maybe send reminder every few days? Or displaying short notification on sav account? Sometimes, this single email got buried inside mailbox.

Last edited:
•••
[...]
Also, as we seem to need to mention frequently, when an issue does come up, please submit a support ticket to [sav email address] and DM us the ticket number & your email so we can look into it right away. We are unable to look into any issues posted directly in this thread as we do not have a way to access your Sav account based off your NP username.

Hello, I am a new customer with SAV. I successfully registered one domain name with you and decided to transfer in 11 domains more. All appeared to be working wonderful - I love the simple client interface.

However since yesterday morning my domains stopped working. The transfers completed yesterday and it appears the domains got immediately suspended - no warning, no email asking for my action etc.

I noticed that I cannot change the nameservers and the contact details are blank.
However switching to your Cloudflare free DNS did change the nameservers...

I just thoroughly checked my emails again just now.
I found 3 "Action Required: Domain WHOIS Verification" emails. Two of them from the domain I registered, both dated before my transfer. I had already clicked to confirm the first one. Just confirmed the second one, perhaps this explains why I was not able to updated the nameservers of the newly registered domain either...
The third email arrived yesterday evening - so after I desperately tried to contact you - and I did confirm that one instantly upon arrival.
No other emails.

But the real problem is that there have been 20h since I contacted you regarding my problem and I've had no reply - YES, I sent an email to support at sav.com, 3 times. I even called the phone number on the website twice, and I was informed by a recording that SAV is the fastest growing domain registrar, and that dedicated phone support is coming this fall (!!???). Left my name and phone number after the beep, but no one called back - the recording might have mentioned they will get back to law enforcement only.

So back to my problem: I have 11 domains offline, no website, no email, gone!!! acting like they have no nameserver setup. I have sent 3 email yesterday, 2-3h apart. A ticket number was sent to me via an automated reply about 15h ago.

It's now morning and I wake up to see no reply from SAV, my domains still suspended.

I am very disappointed with this company's customer support.
Furthermore, it appears from this thread that the issue has happened in the past and is known to SAV.
The account panel should have a BIG flashing warning next to each domain name that has not had its contact confirmed. Multiple emails should be sent regarding the contact details confirmation.

I am posting this because I specifically searched for feedback on SAV and found multiple issues... including mine. How can you know about an issue and not get back to your customers while their websites are down?

•••
Thanks to everyone who continues to post problems here as well as contacting support. A registrar should be held accountable for the daily problems that seem to occur at SAV.

•••
Thanks to everyone who continues to post problems here as well as contacting support. A registrar should be held accountable for the daily problems that seem to occur at SAV.

yea right..on a general public registrar discussion forum huh? come on people use dm or tickets...

•••
yea right..on a general public registrar discussion forum huh? come on people use dm or tickets...

I could speak only for myself, but I think others also have similar problems. I use whatever contact they provided first (email, ticket, phone, etc), before posting the problem on a forum. It is just their service is pretty slow (overwhelmed?). Btw, Slow doesn't necessarily mean bad. At least in my case, I would say their support is good. It solved my problem in the past. It is just... slow. You get a reply after few days.

If by posting the problem could speed up the process, then why not?

Last edited:
•••
I could speak only for myself, but I think others also have similar problems. I use whatever contact they provided first (email, ticket, phone, etc), before posting the problem on a forum. It is just their service is pretty slow (overwhelmed?). Btw, Slow doesn't necessarily mean bad. At least in my case, I would say their support is good. It solved my problem in the past. It is just... slow. You get a reply after few days.

If by posting the problem could speed up the process, then why not?

well it doesnt speed it up.
nick tells all to dm him or use ticket

the only thing to speed up tickets is dm nick here.

I'm tired coming to this forum reading 1 million individual tickets.. I stopped posting mine too.. a few may be ok...but this forum became nothing but tickets

every post has word ticket in it

•••
Hi @alcy

Of course, it would be wonderful if only the good news about a registrar (any registrar) was reported in the official threads. But then. Would that be very useful to this community? Only marketing and success stories?

The problems reported here with the new backend system, which is at the core of any registrar, affect all customers and for that reason they are highly relevant to customers and members who are experiencing the same issues. For members that are not a customer it's also very relevant to read about how large registrars are doing in 2021. The detailed info you will find in all official registrar threads on namepros is way more useful than yearly polls about the best registrar.

Imo.

•••
Hi @alcy

Of course, it would be wonderful if only the good news about a registrar (any registrar) was reported in the official threads. But then. Would that be very useful to this community? Only marketing and success stories?

The problems reported here with the new backend system, which is at the core of any registrar, affect all customers and for that reason they are highly relevant to customers and members who are experiencing the same issues. For members that are not a customer it's also very relevant to read about how large registrars are doing in 2021. The detailed info you will find in all official registrar threads on namepros is way more useful than yearly polls about the best registrar.

Imo.

I get it

so I'm the only guy I guess who does not read or want to read each person's personal ticket content..and then basically nick reply to dm him or email support.

it's possible I'm the only guy. and all others passionately and throughly enjoy reading those posts to last letter... I tend to be alone in doing or not many things so ita possible :)

•••
I get it

so I'm the only guy I guess who does not read or want to read each person's personal ticket content..and then basically nick reply to dm him or email support.

it's possible I'm the only guy. and all others passionately and throughly enjoy reading those posts to last letter... I tend to be alone in doing or not many things so ita possible :)

I certainly can understand your POV too. Postings have to be formulated in way that they are useful to this community.

I surely respect the way @Nick R is handling all this in a respectful manner.

•••
well it doesnt speed it up.
nick tells all to dm him or use ticket

the only thing to speed up tickets is dm nick here.

I'm tired coming to this forum reading 1 million individual tickets.. I stopped posting mine too.. a few may be ok...but this forum became nothing but tickets

every post has word ticket in it

I agreed that people should DM instead of posting problems here. But, you also need to keep in mind that people who posted their problem here are probably already frustrated trying to contact them (email reply after few days, phone not answered, etc) and want to get their attention ASAP.

A lot of problems posted here wouldn't even need to exist if they fix the problem. Some problems are easy to fix IMO like sending a reminder for those who need to have click on the confirmation email, etc

I know they are overwhelmed atm, but they need to get back to their customer faster or fix the root problem

Last edited:
•••
I agreed that people should DM instead of posting problems here. But, you also need to keep in mind that people who posted their problem here are probably already frustrated trying to contact them (email reply after few days, phone not answered, etc) and want to get their attention ASAP.

A lot of problems posted here wouldn't even need to exist if they fix the problem. Some problems are easy to fix IMO like sending a reminder for those who need to have click on the confirmation email, etc

I know they are overwhelmed atm, but they need to get back to their customer faster or fix the root problem

I used to think this too and did it myself.

but then I realized the best way..which would not flood the thread at same time..to get help...is dm nick..if tickets fail.

•••
When an issue does come up, please submit a support ticket to [email protected]

But writing tickets is kinda scary, my last ticket (#120897) has apparently been merged with someone else's unrelated ticket (#122568) so they were sent my personal details (because I signed the mail), which I am pretty sure is a violation of GDPR. :whistle: I'm not pettifogging but you really should be more careful with these things.

(and I got to know that the three domains they wanted to register are blocked by the registry :xf.rolleyes:)

Last edited:
•••
Thanks for sharing all the quirks and quarks everyone. I like reading about sav issues myself. Sure wouldnt want to learn by trial and error like so many others. still 4.5 star trust pilot rating like every other registrar.
One day they will figure out how to manage people assets and get my business, or be another netfirms.

•••
Thanks for sharing all the quirks and quarks everyone. I like reading about sav issues myself. Sure wouldnt want to learn by trial and error like so many others. still 4.5 star trust pilot rating like every other registrar.
One day they will figure out how to manage people assets and get my business, or be another netfirms.

IMO Most of these are teething pains, but I rather like the direction they are going, so I'm definitely rooting for them.

•••
It all boils down to respect and responsibility, imho.
As a company, you cannot allow your client to register 24h+ of downtime when your core business is domain registration.

Why is it that when I activate SAV's free Cloudflare DNS service, the name servers are updated? But when I try to set custom name servers nothing happens?
I understand that regulations require a domain to be suspended if contact details are not confirmed, and I was just about to buy it, regardless of the fact that no email to confirm the contact ever came, nor 14 days passed. The domain literally worked 9 days ago, before I transferred it to SAV.
I strongly believe there is a bug with SAV's client panel, a bug or a logic flaw...

I can understand that they have a very large volume of requests or tickets, but that doesn't mean it's fine having my websites down.
It's been 5h since I DM's Nick, still no reply. No reply to my emails.

•••
@tonitan84 - We do have a todo list item to make that more clear and send out a reminder email as well. We're glad its resolved!

@omadmedia - We do have your ticket and I have replied to your DM as well. Posting the exact same thing publicly as DM just make a resolution take long as we have more things associated with your account to read first. Ultimately the email address that submitted the ticket is not the email address associated with the domains in question so we did have to reply back and ask for extra information before we can access the domains. As soon as this is provided, DM me and we can take another look.

ATTENTION ALL: A single DM to this account is the FASTEST way to get an issue resolved. We are working in the coming months to have a much expanded support team that includes chat, phone and extended hours but we are currently replying to tickets in 1-2 business days. We do value the NP community a great deal and look at tickets from our DMs as we get them. We are located in Chicago so obviously we are not logged in at 5am. As we see on a daily basis, members do not read back page after page in this thread so posting questions to benefit the community has a very small impact and are only usually visible for a day or so before NP makes a new page and they are never seen again. For the fastest resolution, submit a ticket and send us a DM.

•••
Nameserver change is still broken. Today I initiated one, but after setting up new NSs nothing happened. There's still no change, after many hours.

For some names, there's no problem, nameserver changes are fast. For others, it seems that an NS change takes days. It cannot be a performance issue, because a few days ago when I changed the NS of two domains the same time, one took a few minutes, the other took a day.

Maybe your new backend make a distinction between backordered and registered names? I'm asking because my backordered names usually have this problem.

Anyway, I raised a ticket about the issue, let's hope it gets solved soon.

Thank you very much @Nick R for checking my ticket and solving the problem! I've just tried changing the NS for another domain, and it worked instantly, like in the good old times. It's great to see that the nameserver issues are pretty much solved :) (The only "bug" to be fixed is the missing whois deactivation problem.)

•••
Where is the area on SAV to change log in email/password? I can't see an option on the 'My Account' section? If I change WHOIS email details will this change the log in for SAV? I no longer have access to the email account used when setting up the SAV account.
I had mine changed only by support ticket way, hope they add to change email from the settings.

•••
My problem is still not resolved - more than 48h with domains offline.
I’ve asked SAV to at least manually update the name servers so that i can have my domains back online while they fix the bugs, but no - still stuck with cloudflare dns.
AVOID AVOID AVOID SAV AT ALL COST.

•••
Hello @Nick R
Is it true what @BrandChimp say?

****PLEASE READ!****

Why you add my domains in auction or BIN ___WITHOUT___ MY CONSENT!!??
Your staff should be fired as they don't care about your customers. They just don't do anything helpful!

This is serious and scares me.
I like SAV and i m ready to protect this registrar, because i know there are many trolls as new users come here and tell fairy tales to scare people away from you, maybe they are even paid by other registrars, which is not excluded.
Please clarify this issue.

•••
@Nick R can I please ask why your system is. Having my CC when I place a bid that still leaves me as the underbidder? I just bid on an auction, was outbid by another bidder's proxy, and still saw the bid charged to my cc. Surely your system has no place charging a card for underbids?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back