IT.COM

Scientific Appraisal of Internet Domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DomSebastian

Impact
Dear namePros community,

I would like to present to you an academic publication (www.idnat.de) regarding the case-based appraisal of domain names. For domainers the presented possibility is definitely interesting seeing how an appraisal tool can be developed with the assistance of case-based reasoning technology. A domain appraisal takes place based on the (also semantically) most similar sales transactions for an appraisal query in a case base with earlier sales transactions. In particular, I am looking forward to compliments, constructive critique and ideas about domain appraisal.

Sincerely,
Sebastian

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If your testing proves to be accurate enough - your appraisals are similar to real world sales prices, then perhaps the best use for it would be to keep it to yourself?

But keep in mind, you would want to buy domains at least 10x cheaper than appraised price in the sub-$1000 appraisal market, because the majority of them will never sell to an end user.

$1000-$10,000 appraisal, I would look for 5x cheaper.

$10,000+, 2-3x cheaper.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back