IT.COM

Script to Fast Reg domains at certain registrars

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi - does anybody have a good simple script that will let me enter a set of domain names to be regged as soon as the domains drop / expire that will keep searching and if domain is free (just dropped) will automatically reg the domain using my ac name / pass at a particular registrar.

Want to catch some dropping domains, and normal fingers just are not fast enough.

Maybe the script would read in a list of domains that one wants to register from a seperate text file, and away she goes - in theory for somebody that cant write scripts..

Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
interesting. i also want to know the solution.

•••
You need API access to the registrar and then it should be fairly easy.
eNom, Moniker, and other reseller-sellers offer this.

•••
You would need to buy from registrars that have an API with atleast 200+ registrars a minute API cap. ResellerClub for example is one, but caps at about 50 a minute.

Than it would just be a matter of using the pre-existing API and build onto it to suit multiple requests.. You would also need to do a few things to guarentee or increase the speed of the script..

You would also need to edit the php.ini and increase timeout of script.

- Steve

•••
iNod said:
You would need to buy from registrars that have an API with atleast 200+ registrars a minute API cap. ResellerClub for example is one, but caps at about 50 a minute.

Than it would just be a matter of using the pre-existing API and build onto it to suit multiple requests.. You would also need to do a few things to guarentee or increase the speed of the script..

You would also need to edit the php.ini and increase timeout of script.

- Steve
please mention some with 200 registrations per minute cap?? thanks a lot

•••
•••
IAmAllanShore said:
Bumpity?
-Allan :gl:
Do you have a reseller account somewhere or an API account with Moniker (or anything similar?)

•••
Dan said:
Do you have a reseller account somewhere or an API account with Moniker (or anything similar?)

I do, and wouldn't mind a script that does this. Would be willing to pay for a decent script.

•••
crazyryan said:
I do, and wouldn't mind a script that does this. Would be willing to pay for a decent script.
Which do you have? I'm only familiar with Moniker's API, but anything else shouldn't be too hard to handle.

If someone wants to pay me to make it, I'll make one faster... I'm not going to pull this script out of my butt with no one paying me to do it.

•••
do u need any special account with moniker to use their API or any normal account would do??

•••
champ_rock said:
do u need any special account with moniker to use their API or any normal account would do??
I believe a normal account suffices because there is a commercial program which offers something like what you require.

Also, DynaDot looks like an easy to use API: http://www.dynadot.com/domain/api.html

•••
DynaDot's API is only for those accounts which qualify for bulkpricing, that is- 500$ of spending

•••
champ_rock said:
DynaDot's API is only for those accounts which qualify for bulkpricing, that is- 500$ of spending
:(

•••
•••
so we all get a script and then it gets harder to catch them?

sounds reasonable

•••
Techies.. probably not in today's market. If you've discovered a way to beat Snapnames, Pool, Enom's Club Drop, etc.. to get the best names.. these scripts aren't going to be competition.

The best use for something like this is probably to grab some of these names that get registered out from under you by the whois sniffers. The guys who get fed data from whichever registrars are providing it either intentionally or not.

I just checked a name I wanted to register for example. It was registered by one of these domain tasters ( domain kiting? ) just 2 days ago. I'll add it to my script and hopefully as soon as they drop it, if they do, it'll register it for me.

•••
champ_rock said:

Note that you don't have to have reg'd $500 with them, you can just load your account with $500 credit to qualify.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back