IT.COM

Sedo PPC is doing much better then any other Parking SITE

Spaceship
Watch
Sedo PPC is doing much better then any other Parking SITE

average ppc is 0.30 to 0.60 cents. compared to most other sites at 1 cent!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Do you mind sharing the general niches and traffic sources that are working well at Sedo now. I'm actually having decent results at Domain Sponsor with international traffic at the moment - but always looking to improve.

•••
Wow, that's good news. But the clicks on my thirty Sedo-parked domains have gone from a few in previous months to none yet this month. For all you newbies who think you just gotta buy some clever domain names and park them, don't bother. I did it, spent hours trying to figure out how to make it pay, just became confused and frustrated, and gave up. I'm sure it's possible, but unless you plan to spend some serious time developing and promoting your sites (and/or treat this like a job?) you won't earn a dime.

•••
well, i actually have about 20 names parked @ sedo(mostly fresh regs),. and most are getting some traffic and a few hits, but the RPC is frequently 0.03,0.04,0.05. I am able to tweak domains parked at sedo(to increase CTR) better. The "related Links" on the right area is customizable, and i've put in keywords that describe my names properly,and for several names doing almost 0 CTR @ parked the new sedo parking CTR went from from 1.52% to 13.00%.
I have no idea how your names get rpc's of 030-0.60 on sedo, but they are very likely good names,especially for PPC :). I get alot of 0.02-0.08 for indian traffic, and thats not bad, considering that parked has paid me 0.01 for a few indian clicks. lol. Domain names get clicks @ sedo, and so i'm not suprised i'm getting more names over there.....

•••
^^ Most people don't even realize how much better their RPC and CTR can be if they take a few minutes to optimize.

congrats on your stats

•••
Keyword optimization is very important. Trial and Error

1 click = $1 on my poker name. Yesterday it was 12 cents. Today it earned $1. Big Jump!

•••
poker keywords

What keywords are you using for your poker name if you don't mind me asking? I have pokerpal.info and can't seem to find a good set of keywords!

•••
Right now i'm moving names i have @ parked that have CTRs of less than 10% and more than 20 visits to sedo. Sedo's search queries under the domain stats are really good at helping you figure out what type of content you need to advertise.

•••
the simple template has performed the best....

•••
Sedo's manual on parking and the factors affecting ppc+ other stuff is very insightful. They go into detail, from an ad provider's point of view, and its great education for a domainers. I wouldn't mind slightly higher RPCs though....

•••
Optimizing Sedo...or not.

This is interesting. kemjika11, I can't find "related links" anywhere on Sedo, where do they keep that hidden? And this manual you speak of, where could I find that? Is it only available if you pay for premium services? I still don't understand "keywords;" it appears you should only have one, but how many should I have? Two? Seven? As many as i can fit? I sure have a lot to learn, but I'm glad I dropped by again.

•••
handy said:
This is interesting. kemjika11, I can't find "related links" anywhere on Sedo, where do they keep that hidden? And this manual you speak of, where could I find that? Is it only available if you pay for premium services? I still don't understand "keywords;" it appears you should only have one, but how many should I have? Two? Seven? As many as i can fit? I sure have a lot to learn, but I'm glad I dropped by again.

well, after you log into your sedo account, click on the "i" on the left of your domain name(any you prefer to edit the link maybe?). click on the "configuration" button in the top right area of the new page that shows up after clicking the "i". Now on this new configuration page, go down about half way of the webpage, and you should see "related links" on the left part of the page, and you can edit those words that are faded out.

•••
oddinxasa said:
What keywords are you using for your poker name if you don't mind me asking? I have pokerpal.info and can't seem to find a good set of keywords!

poker is the keyword

•••
Interesting MIR – handy – kemjika11 cooperation !!!

Since I happily left Sedo two years ago to triple my parking income with another parking provider, I have tested Sedo few times just to find under-performing as usual.

Have good luck with Sedo!

•••
Sedo PPC is doing really great. Today i got a 1.37 € click, my highest ever click from sedo . :blink:

•••
TechQueen said:
Sedo PPC is doing really great. Today i got a 1.37 € click, my highest ever click from sedo . :blink:

wow, i'm glad to hear that those type of clicks still exist @ sedo. I got 2 $1.08 clicks 2 months ago on sedo on a fresh regged .us :).... we all need more of those.lol. I the problem is partly that a good chunk of my traffic is less quality(indian visitor vs us visitor), so offcourse the PPC is going to be lower(like the 0.02) i get here and there.

•••
MIR said:
poker is the keyword

It's not uncommon for Fabulous to give $15+ per click for poker-related keywords.

•••
Sedopro pays well for business domains

For sexy domain names, I would recommend parked.com

With proper template, you'll often get 30% clickthrough... I am confused my self... 6 cents per click, but boy, those are plenty of clicks...

Sedo sometimes insanely pay 87 cents per click for business and marketing domains. But their one page template have very low ctr. Maybe their autotemplate will fix that... I used that mode now...

What other stuffs Sedo are good at?

Pm me for invites to both... I would highly recommend both.

Last edited:
•••
teguh123 said:
For sexy domain names, I would recommend parked.com

With proper template, you'll often get 30% clickthrough... I am confused my self... 6 cents per click, but boy, those are plenty of clicks...

What other stuffs Sedo are good at?

revenuedirect.com - my CTR's from 70 to 100%. They also allow arbitrage.
You can also override auto optimization and manually enter up to 15 keywords. PPC lower than parked.com however.

Sedo = Sucks Every Day Online :)

•••
I couldn't agree more with the OP. The last couple of months at Sedo have been great for me. Lots more clicks and revenue than usual. Best of all, my Sedo revenue is in Euro's which has given me a couple of $2 equivalent clicks already this month.

I wonder how long it will last?

Matt.

•••
WORDSWORTH said:
I couldn't agree more with the OP. The last couple of months at Sedo have been great for me. Lots more clicks and revenue than usual. Best of all, my Sedo revenue is in Euro's which has given me a couple of $2 equivalent clicks already this month.

I wonder how long it will last?

Matt.

nice, optimistic post, but you're final question is a NO!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol. we all just hope to keep enjoying :)

•••
i am doing well in sedo for one of my insurance related domain which they give around 0.4 euro per click. all the other domains ppc is around .04

•••
Pound said:
It's not uncommon for Fabulous to give $15+ per click for poker-related keywords.

STILL? i thought most poker EPCs tanked to mid $x ???

•••
Although I have'nt tried parking anywhere else apart from Namedrive I think Sedo clicks are occasionally pretty good.

I just got a 2.68 EUR = 4.22 USD click today at sedo for a hotel related name :tu:

...it gets better :blink: got a 3.36 euro = $ 5.25 click again for hotels :tu:

Last edited:
•••
I have to confirm the trend: I have left just 3 or 4 domains parked at Sedo. Had a cuople of 0.52$ clicks, that I never get before... (turism site)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back