Domain Empire

Simple RSS/Atom Aggregator

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I was looking for a new RSS/Atom aggregator yesterday, and (naturally) my first thought was to set up LAMP on my laptop and code one for myself with PHP and MySQL.

I have screenshots on my blog - but they are slightly outdated, I've changed a few things.

Attached is the source, but just a few notes first:
  • You'll want to comment out the exec() statement in rssupdate.php unless you're running the script on a Linux computer you own - it uses libnotify to pop up a little notification in the bottom right corner if new items are found.
  • You can include rssupdate.php in any other file, and as long as you do it after the call to database(), it won't print the output as it will recognise it is working inside another file.
  • Automating rssupdate.php via cron is a good idea; I have it set to run hourly.
  • I haven't tested this in anything but Opera, so the JavaScript may not work properly in FF or IE.
  • You'll need to fill out your database details in inc/db.inc
  • The SQL for the database is in inc/db.inc

Enjoy!

Attachments

• aggregator.zip
    538 KB · Views: 56
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
thanks, i downloaded a copy.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back