IT.COM

Sitemap

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
What's the importance of sitemap? How does it work? Tell me more about it? I highly appreciate all your replies..

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
A sitemap helps search engines navigate your site.

Sitemap is a list of pages of a web site accessible to crawlers or users. It can be either a document in any form used as a planning tool for web design, or a web page that lists the pages on a web site, typically organized in hierarchical fashion. This helps visitors and search engine bots find pages on the site.

•••
The most efficient way to submit a site map for search engines is to create a document which uses the sitemap protocol. Google, Yahoo and Bing all process this type of sitemap.

But create an HTML sitemap for your visitors too!

•••
Sitemaps makes easier navigation and better visibility by search engines. It offer the opportunity to inform search engines immediately about any changes on your site, the changes will be indexed faster, compared to when you don't have a sitemap.

•••
large site

If you have a large site or a web site that were pages are buried one or two clicks away from the front page a sitemap is a must if you expect to get all your pages indexed.

•••
What's the importance of sitemap? How does it work? Tell me more about it? I highly appreciate all your replies..

It is suggested that you install a plugin/add-on that will automatically create sitemaps for your site. Use google webmaster tools to submit your sitemaps.

Sitemaps help SEs to know better about your site.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back