IT.COM

question Someone listed my domain name at Sedo

NameSilo
Watch
Hello guys
Someone has listed one of my domain names for sale at Sedo.
The question is: how he listed it without verifying the domain ownership.
Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Probably he had added it long back and set not available for sale for a long period and changed status to available now.
Since you have not added it to your account, it was never removed from the previous owners account.
I would always, for this reason, add any new domain to sedo , even if I am not going to sell it, and just set status as not available for sale.

•••
It sounds like your domain name has been listed for sale on Sedo without your approval. This could potentially be a case of domain hijacking or unauthorized listing. You should immediately contact Sedo's support team to report the issue and request the removal of your domain from their marketplace. Additionally, consider taking steps to verify and secure your domain ownership to prevent any further unauthorized actions.

•••
Probably he had added it long back and set not available for sale for a long period and changed status to available now.
Since you have not added it to your account, it was never removed from the previous owners account.
I would always, for this reason, add any new domain to sedo , even if I am not going to sell it, and just set status as not available for sale.
I am the owner of the domain since 2012
So he is not the previous owner.

•••
It sounds like your domain name has been listed for sale on Sedo without your approval. This could potentially be a case of domain hijacking or unauthorized listing. You should immediately contact Sedo's support team to report the issue and request the removal of your domain from their marketplace. Additionally, consider taking steps to verify and secure your domain ownership to prevent any further unauthorized actions.
I have already contacted Sedo.
Waiting for their respond.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back