NameSilo

advice Someone wants to buy my domain

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

michael lewis

Impact
got an email from someone, seems he is a Domain Broker. look at screen shots
what u think? legit?
the domain certification site they give was: domaintools.digital-certificates . net / certification.htm

screencast . com /t/ 5nGljSo9AlF

screencast . com /t/ yixwmm3U3yW

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
i had to space the links (sorry about that, but this site won't let me post links no matter if i integrate them or not)

•••
When you write "the domain certification site" my first thought is appricial scam - but I could be wrong

•••
He want's you to pay for appraisal? Then it's a well known scam.

•••
That has a site developed on it? Are you selling the domain along with the website?

•••
He want's you to pay for appraisal? Then it's a well known scam.
how does it work? the person wanting to buy the domain pay for appraisals ?

•••
That has a site developed on it? Are you selling the domain along with the website?
no nothing is on it, just the domain. no website

•••
•••
•••
•••
so how would he scam me? like, how would he do it? how does it work?

Well, didn't check out your links but I suspect that they want to buy a domain from you but want it to be appraised or certified (whatever that is) by a third party which you pay for and you just don't hear from them again after that.

•••
so how would he scam me? like, how would he do it? how does it work?

You're new here, so go to the legal discussion and read and you will quickly find the most common known scams

•••
Well, didn't check out your links but I suspect that they want to buy a domain from you but want it to be appraised or certified (whatever that is) by a third party which you pay for and you just don't hear from them again after that.
ooook and that would benefit them how?

•••
You're new here, so go to the legal discussion and read and you will quickly find the most common known scams
ok will do!

•••
•••
ooook and that would benefit them how?

You would pay whatever money they ask you for so called 'certificate' and never hear from them again.. They probably earn something like affiliate paid out % for every paying customer :(

I suggest to spend good few days reading as many posts as you can around forum and only then start thinking about any domain selling or buying :) Will save your self a lot of many either way!

•••
You would pay whatever money they ask you for so called 'certificate' and never hear from them again.. They probably earn something like affiliate paid out % for every paying customer :(

I suggest to spend good few days reading as many posts as you can around forum and only then start thinking about any domain selling or buying :) Will save your self a lot of many either way!
ooooooo ok. that suckz :( ... i was hoping it was cool. oh well... moving on! lol

•••
These companies sucker you to pay $ and then they disappear.Pretty much every email similar to the one you received is a scam :p It sucks but hey--you were smart and asked about it. You avoided being scammed. That's a good thing :)

•••
Definitely sounds like an appraisal scam. Once you agree one of their trusted appraisal companies will appraise your domains for a small fee, maybe $60. But that seems small since you'll be getting xx,xxx. Except you wont hear back from them once they get your money. Or maybe you will, but they will have a change of heart.
I would lead them on so they feel real good and let them wait forever..and go about mybusiness

•••
Appraisal scam: The buyer and the the 'appraiser' are in cahoots with each other.

•••
Guaranteed scam! No doubt about it. Stay away.

•••
It is just sad for this type of scams. I wonder how many people have fall into his appraisal scam. This guy should for sure be in jail. This is just illegal

•••
As long as you don't fall for any of these scams and you learn from the experience as to what to look for and avoid you are better than if you had never heard and asked about them.

You did well by asking. Some have not and fell for the scams.

You didn't get scammed so that's a good start for the new year! :)

•••
OK then ... But tell me, what is the perfect sale ? And how to get the best price (highest) ?

•••
Scam, scam, scam, bacon and scam, scam scam scam scam wonderful SCAM!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back