IT.COM

Spaceship

Spaceship
Watch

SixFigures.ltd

Established Member
Impact
Out of topic, sorry: apparently, you can transfer domain to spaceship, what about out of them? It's not supported for now as long as I know.
--
This post was moved from another topic by mods. For now, transfers can be processed manually by asking support team

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Thanks for skipping me,
i legitimately thought you were replying to me.

What is enetwork? It leads to a for sale DAN page. Your NP name worse than @tamar since she cant change RL, without significant effort.

@branding made a valid request… Take this opportunity to try get 2 birds one stone. Thanks again, skipped me. Change your NP username to “Spaceship”

Enetwork is the username I have been using here since I first joined in 2003. That being said, that is the username i will continue to use here.

I went ahead and reserved the Spaceship username which I will pass on to someone on our team to use. Thanks for your suggestion here.

•••
I've recently been exploring the Spaceship platform and wanted to share some thoughts. Initially, the absence of the push feature and the space-themed UI had me scratching my head. However, after spending some time on it, I've found my rhythm and I'm navigating it quite comfortably now. The push/auth code features were recently added, so I'm glad for that too. I'm giving the email and hosting features a try as well.

Question for Richard about NameCheap Migration @enetwork

Is there a roadmap for NameCheap to transition its existing user base and domains over to the Spaceship platform? Or is the plan for both platforms to coexist independently?

•••
I am very encouraged that your team in working to add bulk nameserver view and management. That is extremely important.

•••
If you have any requests we are here to listen.
Let me begin by saying I wish you well with Spaceship...it will benefit us all (domain investors and Spaceship) for you to develop a superior platform.

A couple of things I appreciate that others have:

Dynadot has a simple way of making changes to nameservers...no need to make a series of clicks to get to the function. They also have the 'auto copy' feature...when hovering over the domain name an icon pops up that makes it easy to copy the name with one click...makes testing, checking and research easier.

Epik has the 'notes' function that allows the saving of data/research. It is convenient to save notes there as opposed to using excel or another program (or 'application' as the whipper snappers say). :xf.smile:

Last edited:
•••
I transferred about a hundred names to Spaceship and I would transfer more, but managing a large portfolio of names there is an issue because they do not offer any way to even see which name servers your domains are pointed to except by taking the much too time consuming task of clicking on each name one at a time.

•••
I just wanted to come and update everyone. EPP codes on the spot within your control panel are now live. You can find this feature within your domain list app. Thanks again for your patience with this. More to come!
Screen Shot 2023-07-19 at 6.28.01 PM.png

Last edited:
•••
And requests nP to add a spaceship tag next to your username. You could be anyone for all we know.
Thanks for the suggestion I will try to get this done tomorrow.

•••
Is it against your religion to use exact match NP name?

I am sick of trying to recall @tamar name; even if her name is tamar; you can change it to namecheap to make our lives easier?

@Spaceship isnt taken, unlike @namecheap, you can still secure @Spaceship. Act fast. Who knows? It might actually accelerate growth.

And requests nP to add a spaceship tag next to your username. You could be anyone for all we know.

•••
What's the advantage to using Spaceship over NameCheap? @enetwork

Hey Gokaizen, thanks for your question. I'd say pricing to start but I really think the technology we are building under hood and how it will empower your domains is what will set Spaceship apart. We've got over 150 engineers and UX designers dedicated solely to this so expect new features and improvements to come quickly and never stop. Spaceship is our future.

Last edited:
•••
I transferred about a hundred names to Spaceship and I would transfer more, but managing a large portfolio of names there is an issue because they do not offer any way to even see which name servers your domains are pointed to except by taking the much too time consuming task of clicking on each name one at a time.

Spaceship is not for domainers

Regards

•••
•••
DNS propagation status is showing low or very low percentages for all my domains with Afternic nameservers (ns1, ns2). For example, this domain's nameservers I changed 2 months (!) ago:

Show attachment 255802
Show attachment 255803

However, all servers are green (propagation status: online) when I use Sedo nameservers for some of my domains.

What gives???

DNS propagation status is showing low or very low percentages for all my domains with Afternic nameservers (ns1, ns2). For example, this domain's nameservers I changed 2 months (!) ago:

Show attachment 255802
Show attachment 255803

However, all servers are green (propagation status: online) when I use Sedo nameservers for some of my domains.

What gives???
Hi Jannes,

There can be different reasons for that both involving zone file configuration at custom nameservers and the way our propagation tool works. One of the cases is that there is no host records at the custom nameservers end and our propagation tool cannot find anything to propagate and becomes stuck.

If domain names are configured correctly, you can try using refresh option by clicking "Show details" button and clicking on refresh symbol at the top of side panel with resolvers information.

We plan to introduce several improvements to our propagation tool (such as automatic refresh, additional communication if DNS is not configured properly at custom nameservers end etc).

If you would like, we may take a look at your particular case if you provide us with the domain names.

•••
•••
I've recently been exploring the Spaceship platform and wanted to share some thoughts. Initially, the absence of the push feature and the space-themed UI had me scratching my head. However, after spending some time on it, I've found my rhythm and I'm navigating it quite comfortably now. The push/auth code features were recently added, so I'm glad for that too. I'm giving the email and hosting features a try as well.

Question for Richard about NameCheap Migration @enetwork

Is there a roadmap for NameCheap to transition its existing user base and domains over to the Spaceship platform? Or is the plan for both platforms to coexist independently?
Hey RJ, very happy to hear that you've managed to find your way around and are liking what you're seeing. If you see anything that's missing in terms of features we are always happy to hear feedback and try to deliver asap.

Regarding Namecheap, we haven't quite made a decision yet. We are 100% focused on bringing more features and tools to Spaceship as quickly as possible. We want Spaceship.com to be head and shoulders above anything that exists today and are doing everything in our power to deliver that as soon as possible. Once we've gotten there we will weigh our options.

Thanks again for giving us a try!

Last edited:
•••
@enetwork
I like Spaceship and the chat support is excellent!

The only big problem is no fast transfer ability for Afternic or Sedo. And unfortunately that is a deal breaker because it will cause us to lose a ton of money from lost sales! Please let us know as soon as you get set up for fast transfer!

•••
Last edited:
•••
I just wanted to come and update everyone. EPP codes on the spot within your control panel are now live. You can find this feature within your domain list app. Thanks again for your patience with this. More to come!Show attachment 243091
Thank you. Now if you want to create the dream destination for domain investors, just add bulk view/edit for names servers, custom created categories for management, and a low fee marketplace.

If you build it, they will come! :xf.wink: ( The Field of Dreams)

•••
Found the DNS templates, thank you! Is there a way to sort or filter by nameservers? On the domain lists it just shows "Custom" which is not that helpful.
Do you also have these features for NameCheap? I have a few hundreds domains there currently, but it's a pain to manage them
Actually this is a fast rough draft of the approach we're taking. Expect it to be added soon. You'll also be able to export all settings.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-07-04 at 5.39.15 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-07-04 at 5.39.15 PM.png
    406.7 KB · Views: 62
•••
@enetwork
I like Spaceship and the chat support is excellent!

The only big problem is no fast transfer ability for Afternic or Sedo. And unfortunately that is a deal breaker because it will cause us to lose a ton of money from lost sales! Please let us know as soon as you get set up for fast transfer!
Just settled the agreement with Afternic today so this is coming asap.

•••

dns1.png

dns2.png

What gives???

Last edited:
•••
Does someone know what this exactly mean, in their Terms of Domain registration?
spaceship domain terms.png

•••
Let me begin by saying I wish you well with Spaceship...it will benefit us all (domain investors and Spaceship) for you to develop a superior platform.

A couple of things I appreciate that others have:

Dynadot has a simple way of making changes to nameservers...no need to make a series of clicks to get to the function. They also have the 'auto copy' feature...when hovering over the domain name an icon pops up that makes it easy to copy the name with one click...makes testing, checking and research easier.

Epik has the 'notes' function that allows the saving of data/research. It is convenient to save notes there as opposed to using excel or another program (or 'application' as the whipper snappers say). :xf.smile:
Hey MF, thank you very much for the feedback. We have a pretty streamlined way to update nameservers in our domain list app https://www.spaceship.com/application/domain-list-application/ . You can make changes in bulk with just a few clicks. I will add your other requests to the list and see what we can do to get them added :) . Thanks again!

•••
Enetwork is the username I have been using here since I first joined in 2003. That being said, that is the username i will continue to use here.

I went ahead and reserved the Spaceship username which I will pass on to someone on our team to use. Thanks for your suggestion here.
Thank you, My life is complete, friend.

Last edited:
•••
Hi @enetwork !
It's nice to see you here.

Please make the spaceship.com's UI/UX more domain investor friendly.
The interface looks fancy & fresh but at the same time it's over-engineered, confusing and not practical in many areas.

And I hope pricing policy will always be competitive like this.

•••
Thanks, I tried refreshing before but I didn't realize that the map doesn't update after that (requires reopening), so I erroneously thought that the refresh did nothing. I've now refreshed most of the least propagated domains, but if you want an un-refreshed example domain, ekkoe.com is one.

I doubt that any of them will go to 100% ("online"). Can you explain the discrepancy between Afternic and Sedo nameservers' propagation?
Thanks for providing the domain name. We did give it a look.

The difference is that how domain names are configured on Afternic nameservers. So you point your domain name to ns1-ns2.afternic.com nameservers. But in the zone file of those nameservers, they put NS records with ns1-2.namefind.com values. Unlike Sedo, where they have same values both in recursive and authoritative nameservers.

Here is the dig result for your particular domain name:

ekkoe.com. 172800 IN NS ns1.afternic.com.
ekkoe.com. 172800 IN NS ns2.afternic.com.
CK0POJMG874LJREF7EFN8430QVIT8BSM.com. 86400 IN NSEC3 1 1 0 - CK0Q2D6NI4I7EQH8NA30NS61O48UL8G5 NS SOA RRSIG DNSKEY NSEC3PARAM
CK0POJMG874LJREF7EFN8430QVIT8BSM.com. 86400 IN RRSIG NSEC3 13 2 86400 20240426042454 20240419031454 956 com. dw08OX0yRbTLzGG9uqoK5LQcl5IiXZh/DrjeK9/tV9yFVmrhliBQh+oZ sWI0eZE/upqKFa6i1B5l5c3ZhDKpag==
6CURN4UATUKH8RHIK34EP1LOHU9BNA5F.com. 86400 IN NSEC3 1 1 0 - 6CURVI6BFCBJI80O2NFQ6OMUFTDRHBPM NS DS RRSIG
6CURN4UATUKH8RHIK34EP1LOHU9BNA5F.com. 86400 IN RRSIG NSEC3 13 2 86400 20240427051844 20240420040844 956 com. 1oWPK/BctvyaLpYoLAUvt7shHe/1BRwXvqjfr40uVLMyYgYVnWcosFPu IQ+0plyRzj3uVBGmAxZaS8Dlkup2+Q==
;; Received 472 bytes from 192.52.178.30#53(k.gtld-servers.net) in 2 ms

ekkoe.com. 3600 IN NS ns1.namefind.com.
ekkoe.com. 3600 IN NS ns2.namefind.com.
;; Received 83 bytes from 97.74.99.64#53(ns1.afternic.com) in 1 ms

So how does this work. We see that you pointed your domain name to ns1-ns2.afternic.com nameservers. And we start checking whether the world actually sees that your domain name is pointed there. But in responses that we get from the zone file, we assume that domain name "is pointed" to ns1-2.namefind.com nameservers. And thus propagation check fails and we receive a "non-propagated" domain name.

So this is the case where we developed our tool assuming of correct configuration of nameservers but it fails it here. We will think how to solve this particular use case so that it is clear on UI what's going on.

Really appreciate you bringing up this case, helps us to think more ways to improve our service.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back