Domain Empire

.me Taking a poll - .ME or .US???

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
I just have a simple question from any of NP's members.

Of course com/net/org have all proven their worth.
Other extensions have done rather well also.

Now here's my question to you...
which of these 2 (.me or .us), would you rather have???

I posted a Poll, just so you didnt have to comment if you didnt want to.

Thanx in advance for your quick vote!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
From the domain hack purpose, .me has better chance.

Otherwise, NewYork.us is way much better than NewYork.me :lol:

•••
The poll is flawed IMO if people are sticking to the rules of .us, Not everyone on this forum can reg a .us, everyone can reg a .me.

The .us is a value play that is either going to pay off in the long run, when a generation of kids grows up in the US that realizes that .us is their country extension. They will see the opportunity to use their own country code and that it does everything that a .com can do. It could also turn out to be a value trap where it never takes hold as the .com is just too ingrained in the psyche of the user.

.me seems to have a fun application IMO, but if you cannot get the cool hack or intuitive name that goes with ME, its no better than any other cctld. Does it matter if you have freecoupons.me or freecoupons.at ? or WebsiteHosting.me or WebsiteHosting.la ? Again IMO

•••
equity78 said:
The poll is flawed IMO if people are sticking to the rules of .us, Not everyone on this forum can reg a .us, everyone can reg a .me.

The .us is a value play that is either going to pay off in the long run, when a generation of kids grows up in the US that realizes that .us is their country extension. They will see the opportunity to use their own country code and that it does everything that a .com can do. It could also turn out to be a value trap where it never takes hold as the .com is just too ingrained in the psyche of the user.

.me seems to have a fun application IMO, but if you cannot get the cool hack or intuitive name that goes with ME, its no better than any other cctld. Does it matter if you have freecoupons.me or freecoupons.at ? or WebsiteHosting.me or WebsiteHosting.la ? Again IMO
Ahhhh,

Makes sense.
I have just recently started looking at extensions,
other than "the big 3" and .tv.
I have seen a few threads around here about the .me's recently, and quite a few about the .us's.

Excuse my ignorance,
but I had no idea that some people cant register a .us...

So, you're right...
my poll is flawed
Can you lock it down and make it go away for me Equity?

Thank You.

•••
Though .US is cheaper than .ME....I will have to go for .ME as I ain't a US Citizen :(

•••
i think godaddy would act as an agent for me (in australia) ???? for .us

i think both agreat branding extensions , prefer .me

•••
I'm not 100% sure that .me is nothing more then hype but I feel .us will pick up strength as the economy comes out of the toilet. So if i had a choice right now I would go with .us over .me unless the extension fit really well.

Btw poll is closed so I can't cast my vote.

•••
hmm
You can't have .Us without .me then it would just be .you :lol:

•••
If you're from the USA, then .US! Otherwise... well, .WORLD

•••
eFingerz said:
hmm
You can't have .Us without .me then it would just be .you :lol:

I'LL pay that one!!! :lol:

•••
.me just began its journey, and .us has been around for several years now. IMO, .US takes the crown :)

•••
Too early to comment on the status of .me but I still would opt for a .me domain name as it sounds more personalized than .us....

•••
Depends on if you live in US or Montenegro :bah:

•••
I am just say USA and not say any more for this .

•••
•••
.me has no Nexus restrictions and has much better marketing at registry level.
These reflect to sales that are much more on .me

•••
I'm not too proud to wave the red ,white &blue,my vote goes with .us

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back