Dynadot

TalkIPB, against anything?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hey,
just wondering, would the domain TalkIPB.com be against anything?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
IPB=Invision Power Board

If developing i reccomend installaling IPB and dont bother talking about its competitors such as vB there

•••
Hmm, Im planning to install vB on it, werid eh.

And im planning to setup forum such as a market place, some web promotion, articles, and a place where people can get help with their IPB forum.

oh well.

•••
I don't get it :D .... Why would you install vBulletin on a domain that's supposed to be about IPB.. It's just stupid :imho:

•••
yeah, lol, use IPB hahah

its like mysql using postgresql in there site lol

•••
This depends on what you mean by IPB. You need to clarify your implications on your website.

•••
wchan said:
This depends on what you mean by IPB. You need to clarify your implications on your website.

IPB = Invision Power Board

•••
microdude431 said:
You should use IPB on an IPB site. :imho:

Is that the free one?

•••
allabout42 said:
Is that the free one?

It has never been free IPB looked at all the pervious version before the release of 2.0 as "trials" however they dont seem to worry as much now and some off the previous versions are drying up.

However you now have to pay for it :)

•••
I think u should use IPB in ur site...
Just to make it better..u should email them and ask them if its okay...

IPB is cheaper than Vbulletin...

•••
IPB is cheaper and IMO is better. I use IPB for my sites and I am using IPB for a new community I am working on. Only problem with IPB is that if you are looking for a good points/shop mod then you wont find one. There are some out there but all of them are very buggy. I am going to see if Dean from d-scripting can make one as I know many of us want it.

•••
I use both a like them both for various reasons. However, if you're serious about using vB then your site isn't going to get off to a very good start IMHO - at least not with hardcore IPBers. I have an idea that you might be joking though.

As long as you used it to talk about and promote their products I truly doubt they'd have a problem with it at all.

•••
dc1pop said:
It has never been free IPB looked at all the pervious version before the release of 2.0 as "trials" however they dont seem to worry as much now and some off the previous versions are drying up.

However you now have to pay for it :)

yea, I use the old v1.0.3 free one :hehe:

•••
Well, thanks for your opinions. I guess i wont be using vB for that site.

•••
If I were you I would install IPB on it, and not any other competitors.

•••
lol use IPB on a sit ethat is about IPB, it would also let people think that you know what you are doing... not that im saying you dont know what your doing or anyhting :P

•••
Whether there's a trademark issue here or not, which I don't think there is, using VB is just temping fate :laugh:

•••
Installing vB on it will get you alot of moans on your site, IPB users would be going there, so vB isn't somethign they'd want to see.

About the possible trademark issues, email management[@]invisionpower.com

•••
I have some doubt that IPB could only stand for Invision Power Board, It could be the acronym of other companies too,I have check by typing www.IPB.com and I get forwarded to a completely different company website. IMHO

•••
u could try using that domain and if u get any complaints point them to www.IPB.com and tell em to shut up lol.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back