Dynadot

Teens Only! - Business Proposition

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Sabre

First Time Poster!Top Member
Impact
In my time in domaining, some of the most passionate domainers have been teens, as they seem to put more enthusiasm into their work than many older domainers.

Thus, I'd like to get together with a couple of fellow teens and make a website and/or forums, which I believe could turn out to be profitable and a great learning experience for all concerned.

If you'd like to PM me, or put forward any ideas in this thread, that would be great. I'm simply looking for individuals with enthusiasm and a willingness to succeed, and of course, ideas.

I'm looking forward to having the privelige of working with some of you :tu:

P.S. I'm not looking to make a teens-only related forum or website, I know a couple of members here who already have excellent "teens only" sites.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Due to the DDOS attack on NamePros, I think it'd be better to reschedule until next week.

I was intending to inform everyone yesterday morning so you'd all have ample time to make plans to get to the meeting, but the site was down.

Hope everyone doesn't mind this change of plan, it was out of my control ;)

•••
Yeah, But thats on 4.00 for me in australia on monday?

Am

•••
As I said, I'm rescheduling until next week.

It'll either be on the Saturday or Sunday. (8pm GMT)

I'll get chat logs posted up or you can PM me your ideas to put forward if you can't make it.

•••
hey Sabre, Im always in.. even if it is another one of your crazy ideas :hehe:

•••
i'll be happy to help out in any way i can :)

-ed

•••
I'm glad its being rescheduled because I wouldn't have been able to make it today. :)

Can you make it Sunday? I'll probably be out of town Saturday.

•••
Alright well... i want to try and help IF i can.. hopefully i can :D

•••
The meeting is being held 8pm GMT this SUNDAY.

I will be PMing everyone here on the Friday to make sure everyone remembers ;)

Remember to bring your ideas! If I can't make it for some random reason (computer blows up? :lol:), then I'll make sure someone else knows everything and can fill in for me.

The meeting will be a simple idea building session and hopefully we can get a couple of good ideas out of it. The more you guys plan, the better the plans we can get and the better sites we can make.

Who knows? We could have a whole running network in the near future! :tu:

•••
err, i'm interested lol
i just haven't been around coz of comp issues

Joe

•••
Right, i'll try to remember, sunday at 8, sunday at 8 *chants*

•••
I'm intending to PM all tomorrow, so simply leave it unread and you'll keep going back to check why you haven't read a PM.

Always works for me :D

•••
Sabre said:
I'm intending to PM all tomorrow, so simply leave it unread and you'll keep going back to check why you haven't read a PM.

Always works for me :D

I do that too, and I also leave a note in my user cp.

•••
A PM has been sent to ALL parties who stated they were interested :tu:

•••
Well, i'll make myself do my homework tomorrow, and try to come up with a few good ideas.
I have 1, but it's only for a forum, not a site.

•••
Sorry I can't attend the meeting as I live in Australia and with time zone and stuff, But if you could post the chat logs somewhere that would be great. Thanks!

•••
Just over an half to go.

Hope to see all you guys there ;)

I'll be making a special room simply called "Business Meeting"

•••
I don't know if I can make it now.. I have to build a bridge thats due tomorrow. :(

School :td:

Sabre said:
Just over an half to go.
:hehe:

•••
You can tell it's a sunday, even my grammar is resting for the day :D

If you have any ideas and can't make it, feel free to PM me :tu:

•••
I'll be working, hopefully someone will keep a general outline of the meeting. :)

•••
:o D-: :o
I completly forgot :'(
Was anything decided on sunday?

cheers,

-ed

•••
edmarriner said:
:o D-: :o
I completly forgot :'(
Was anything decided on sunday?

cheers,

-ed

Yes, we are making an online game.

•••
•••
jnadel said:

Music Record Project
- Game

The aim is to make as much money as you can with your band; touring, making records etc.

Game Time – 3 months

The game will be time / text based,
browser based and ranked against other online players

The game would work as thus;

User signs up
User then can choose a selection of different games to play (1,2 etc.)
Each game needs to have different variables that can be set e.g. starting cash, liklihood of having a successful concert
Once entering the game, the user then chooses a band name
You can then need to select a band (the names of the band members / prices of hiring them can be entered in the DB)
Different band members can have different variables entered so that the chance of success is increased/decreased by each band member you have / the combination of band members you have
You will then have the option to either make a record, organise concerts etc.
Recording is simple, just enter the track names and hit enter. the album well then have to be approved, and a value out of 10 set to it (10 = best (more earnings) 1= worse (less earnings))
organise concerts, you can choose the venue, advertise etc. different venues will have different capacities and cost different amounts. advertising and band reputation will go together to find how many tickets are sold
A person can release 1 album a month and play a concert 2 times a week
You will also be able to buy better instruments for your band to improve their playing and thus increase their money earned per concert/record

there needs to be functions to see who has the most cash in the game etc.
also functions to start a new game/reset the game/pause the game so noone can start

•••
It'll hopefully have a bit more to it than that, but we're aiming for the base coding for now.

Hopefully, if everything goes to plan, we'll have something together soon enough :tu:

•••
Are all of the coders/designers chosen already?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back