Dynadot

Teens Only! - Business Proposition

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Sabre

First Time Poster!Top Member
Impact
In my time in domaining, some of the most passionate domainers have been teens, as they seem to put more enthusiasm into their work than many older domainers.

Thus, I'd like to get together with a couple of fellow teens and make a website and/or forums, which I believe could turn out to be profitable and a great learning experience for all concerned.

If you'd like to PM me, or put forward any ideas in this thread, that would be great. I'm simply looking for individuals with enthusiasm and a willingness to succeed, and of course, ideas.

I'm looking forward to having the privelige of working with some of you :tu:

P.S. I'm not looking to make a teens-only related forum or website, I know a couple of members here who already have excellent "teens only" sites.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Would there be a spot in this project for someone other than a coder or designer. For example, since it will be live players, maybe administrator or something.

Thanks.

•••
We've got 3 coders and 3 admins in already 1 for this one as it needs a lot of administration, as you stated.

If there are enough people interested, I'd be happy to have another project going as well as this one.

•••
Sounds great!

Does the game have name yet or is it being decided later ononce its mostly complete?

-ed

•••
edmarriner said:
Sounds great!

Does the game have name yet or is it being decided later ononce its mostly complete?

-ed

Virtual Rock Band :tu:

The name will be bought closer to completion I would think.

•••
Hi,

I was one of the original people to put my name down but i didnt get to the meeting. I am stilll very interested and i think i would be able to help this along alot. We will also need a forum atleast for the game for support and other ideas among the users and admins. I would love to be an admin, maybe even help with the designing and some coding.

Sabre can you PM me anything else i should know. How is everyone keeping in contact, MSN?

Thanks

•••
Sorry i couldn't attend i had computer problems but it sounds an extremely interesting proposal :)

•••
ironmonk3y said:
Hi,

I was one of the original people to put my name down but i didnt get to the meeting. I am stilll very interested and i think i would be able to help this along alot. We will also need a forum atleast for the game for support and other ideas among the users and admins. I would love to be an admin, maybe even help with the designing and some coding.

Sabre can you PM me anything else i should know. How is everyone keeping in contact, MSN?

Thanks

Oops, didn't see this.

I'm hoping to get everyone together to discuss what we need in the next couple of days, so I'll give you a buzz once I know what's happening :)

•••
Well well well... making a game, eh? From the description, it sounds like 3 programmers will be way more than enough, but if you need a hand with PHP (or HTML, CSS, and MySQL), let me know... I'm currently working on two MMORPGs of my own, but I can probably spare some time if you need.

•••
i would do this to PM me if yyou need my help ( i like being an admin)

•••
Can i help?

i wasnt around here @ the time of the meeting, had my dob set 2 1980 lol!

im not that gd at codin (html is my stuff lol - every1 nos it), but id be able to help with moderatin, advertisin, and i know a few of teens too might could help.

•••
I will help as much as possible and i think we shouldnt make this any old turn/text based RPG. I think it should have lots of graphics and look really good. Then as it gets better introduce flash or something like that to make it even better. Are we custom making the script or using one and greatly modifying it?

Thanks

•••
If you're interested and have any other ideas, feel free to PM me.
I'm all for running 2 projects at the same time.

I -may- be also looking for another programmer for this project that is currently running too.

•••
Hey, Is our only way of communication on this forum or is it on MSN,AIM,AOL etc? Have we got a domain and hosting? Have we started? Any designs done?

Thanks

•••
At the moment, non-NP communication is through MSN though most of us seem to have multiple IMs.

Domain and hosting isn't a problem, I can provide them.

"Virtual Rock Band" has been started, yes. Nothing much to show yet.
Looking for more ideas to create other sites though, so please put forward ideas if you have them :tu:

I'll reply to all the PMs I've got a little later, I'm pretty busy at the moment.

•••
Canwe have a sub-domain or something we can see our ideas coming to life with a forum or a message board. Or even just a really basic web page that shows what we have done etc....

•••
So, you guys made any progress on your project? :)

•••
•••
Cheers Peter :tu:

Hitch said:
So, you guys made any progress on your project? :)

I'm intending to hold another meeting this sunday and then we'll take a break for Xmas and new year and meet up again in early january.

I'm hoping we'll have something solid for you all to see by February half term :kickass:

•••
•••
sorry for double post, but
when is the next meeting?
i haven't been well recently, so have been unable to be on the web

Joe

•••
I'm not well either, meaning I have time to get on the web :D

I've been very busy lately, more busy than I was expecting to be; there will be a meeting just after the new year, where hopefully we can get together and make sure everything is running smoothly and really start to get things going :tu:

•••
Count me in - I wanna help

Lemme know how I can or what I need to do!

•••
I want in I didn't know about the first meeting because my Date Of Birth was way off.

Please tell us when the next meeting is.

•••
Sorry to bring this thread alive its been a little while since anyone posted but is there any updates for this venture that we can hear about :tu:

•••
Yeah lol! Has anything happened?

Thanks

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back