NameSilo

The Everyone's Welcome Thread (even Canadians, SEO experts, and oldies..you get the idea).

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DU

Secret SantaTop Member
Impact
I thought I'd start a new break room thread. The great thing about this thread is you can say whatever the heck you want (except adult) and it's ON TOPIC.

All you have to do is post whatever is in your head when you are here. Simple.

Here are some acronyms we like to use:

YPSBT Your Post Sucks Big Time
YPITDB Your post is the dog's bollox
LPOD - Last Post of Day
FPOD - First....
SPOD - Second.
FPOTWN - Funny Post of the Week Nominee

Featured Friends
Johname - he doesn't have a cool nickname except johname. He is a legend. He is our local animation expect.
DU/Grace Delete aka __ aka Rickey (due to propensity to retire).
Iowa - Your source of gas prices, bacon futures, and stuff.
JBLions - Will teach you about mattress purchasing, beer, and how to remove birds from cages
Briguy Debartolo - More NP$ than everyone
Mis_Chiff - Fellow Canadian of Bri - she's a wild one
Lennco - He is lennco
Enlytend - I still read this enly--tend Adwords guru!
Verbster - The Alaskan Fisherman who hunts Right Wingers and Shoots Sh*t in more than one place
BaseballWorld - Muscle #2 (after JB)
David Walker - Semper Fi
Forge - Don't ask about this avatar
GILSAN - He posts photos. Cool ones. He also worships CR7 (if you don' t know who that is? you are advised to learn before engaging him in conversation)
JDAB - He has hot women on his new bed... but he worked hard for them
Rogue - Called Rouge more often than the movie Moulin Rouge
Cyberian - He goes by Cy. He's older than the forum. Likes the lakers and pops in sometimes to offer support and counselling.
NS - He doesn't look like the cartoons. He's an enigma. His avatar is usually hot.

SPECIAL SPECIAL GUESTS
Blobfish and girlfriend.

Grace Delete / DefaultUser / WorldsWorstDomainer will personally thank EVERY SINGLE post in this thread UNTIL someone says something about post count and gets too obsessed about reputations and starts gaming the system etc.

^ That has happened so no more ...was fun while it lasted.

Johname will personally LIKE every post in this thread until he doesn't

No racist, sexist, homophobic material that woudnt be acceptable in the 70s please.
We are ok with boobs and we are ok with men with abs (or whatever it is that makes them attractive). Ogling is healthy. Violence, not accepting that it is shallow and non-meaninful judge of people etc. is not. The most important virtue of this thread is respect for all.

Here are some topics that this thread has had:

333491.jpg

cars+and+girls2.jpg

formula-1-cars.jpg

a-lot-of-dogs.jpg

The following subjects are
BANNED

1383930930_kim-kardashian-560.jpg

So Kardashian related material is not allowed - even gratuitous boobs or bums because no one wants to see or hear about them.
your-political-views-democrat-republican-politics-obama-libe-demotivational-poster-1241176580.jpg

POLITICS OF ANY KIND IS A NO NO.
Especially if it is demeaning to the liberal elite or the conservative morons.

I suppose Anarchy is ok
515D1rdNkVL._SY355_.jpg

I AM PERSONALLY UNDECIDED ON SOME POLITICS so things like the below?
I think the crowd should decide.

ron-paul-boobs-2.JPG

We are also lady and animal friendly

tumblr_mko6femEhn1s77zr6o1_1280.png

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
Dinner....one, just one......
NECTARINE

•••
JB, another "must have" (imo) for your library:
Bartlett's Familiar Quotations

http://www.bartlettsquotes.com/

Enjoy :)

Peace,
Cy

Just got this as a gift, flipped briefly thru it. In chronological order. Starts with quotes from the Bible and some quotes even before that till recently. Looks good.

Over halfway done with The Prince, excellent book. "The Prince is a 16th-century political treatise by the Italian diplomat and political theorist Niccolò Machiavelli." I might have to reread this again in the future. Feels like I should be taking notes, better than The Art of War.

My current Watch List:

Watching Fargo Season 2, whole new cast/storyline this season. Great cast/story.

Today at Amazon Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan, great cast
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073RQ7KP...MItduB-7iY3QIVWIezCh0y5QDAEAAYASAAEgK1UvD_BwE

Netflix - Ozark Season 2 with Jason Bateman, I enjoyed Season 1

Dytto drop while I'm here:

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
If you’re gonna build a robot soldier, why give it a gun?

Why not build the gun into the robot?

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
Two days ago (still Aug.) I saw an ad on TV promoting Halloween stuff.
Pitiful.

Peace,
Cy
Knew that Halloween was coming some when I started to see the "pumpkin spice" flavoured/flavored" stuff being advertised

•••
The traffic between Riverside and Orange counties on the 91 was unbelievably insane during the morning and evening commute. The ride share lane didn't help and the people were complaining.
So in 1993, after much ado, California opened a toll road between Riverside and Orange counties.
A very expensive toll. So expensive that the common (that's me, btw) commuter couldn't afford to pay.
But there were plenty that could, and they did. And although now the uncommon people had a nice drive, it didn't make even a little dent in the traffic on the 91.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/California_State_Route_241

There was a lot of controversy about this road since it went through some pretty (previously) remote country with a large wildlife population, and longstanding migration trails that crossed that road in several places. So they thought they would be clever and build tunnels under the hwy. so the animals could cross safely. They even put up signs marking where the tunnels were.

Well, that didn't work out so well, since as we all know, wildlife cant read.

So the first year it opened there were many, many, many accidents caused by (mostly deer) animals on the road.
Well this wasn't good at all. Cars were getting damaged and people were getting hurt.
And of course, those pesky old environment people were up in arms with all that "I told you so" stuff they are always getting on about.

So the state decides they know how to fix this, they'll build a fence along the side of the hwy. and that will funnel the wildlife through the tunnels.

Of course, deer can jump pretty high, and like I mentioned before, they cant read the signs pointing toward the tunnels, so that next year there were many, many accidents along the hwy.

Aha, the state said, see, the fence and the tunnels are working. The accident rate is down from many, many, many, to just many, many.

Not good enough, say those pesky environment people, deer are still getting killed.
Not good enough, say the motorists driving the road, cars are still getting damaged and people are still getting hurt.

So the state, in their infinite wisdom comes up with another plan.
They will put bait out along the trails leading to the tunnels, and of course the deer will follow the bait trails and then read the signs that they should use the tunnels. Did I mention wildlife cant read?

Well the next year there were only many accidents along the hwy, and the state says, look, our ideas are working, there are fewer accidents than last year and even fewer than the first year. YaY for us.

And of course the next year, and the next there were even fewer deer killed along the hwy. and thus fewer cars and people getting hurt, so the motorists were happy.

Now, 25 years later, there are very few, if any accidents caused by wildlife along hwy 241.
Not because all the planning worked, but because the wildlife population has been pretty much decimated.

Peace,
Cy

•••
Halloween candy and stuff been out for a couple of weeks now.
The party store is advertising halloween party supplies, costumes and candy.
ANd yes, the pumpkin shit is all over now.
Yesterday at wally world, coffee aisle.
Wife had to get her mocha latte pods (expensive as the little boxes only contain 9 pod and 9 little envelopes and at only ten and a half bucks).
And there. two rows, or pumpkin coffee pods.....

California,,,,state of nuts.
So the democrat party the other day.....in california....called for a boycott of In-N-Out as the owner or president gave much bucks to the republicans.
One does not call for a boycott of a state institution!!!
Many democrats made it a point of going to their local In-N-Out and eating there.
Reddit overrun with people praising, eating, and showing pictures of In-N-Out.
So probably the same people that thought deer and other wild species could read.

•••
•••
•••
•••
tumblr_mdrnudFRxv1rhhujho1_640.jpg

Before World War I, she shot a cigarette out of the mouth of the Kaiser of Germany at his request.

After the war started she sent him a letter asking for another chance, as she was afraid her aim might’ve been a little off.

•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back