Dynadot

alert The fund can't be withdrawal from Epik.com via Masterbucks wallet

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

enamebroker

Top Member
Impact
It happened on 23rd Aug 2022 and this matter lasted almost one month without any process. Masterbucks.com declined my fund withdrawal and disabled the button of fund withdrawal. And I contacted Epik.com and got no further action even if Rob Monster got involved in it for two weeks. All the time I was told in email by management review.

What is wrong with Epik.com? Do you think it is normal to disable fund withdrawal? How can I get back my fund from Epik.com? Thanks for your suggestion.

Capture4.JPG

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The only reason why Epik was the third largest loser is Uniregistry being absorbed into GoDaddy:

Screenshot 2023-05-02 at 8.21.51 AM.png

https://www.DomainState/registrar/epik.html

Screenshot 2023-05-02 at 8.23.01 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-05-02 at 8.23.34 AM.png

Since Royce took over, more than 15% of their domain business evaporated in five months and the pace was increasing each month.

•••
Since Royce took over, more than 15% of their domain business evaporated in five months and the pace was increasing each month.
Epik's losses are hitting its .COM registrations and it cannot afford to lose those. The new gTLDs, depending on which registry is running a discounting promotion, can make some new gTLD heavy registrars seem temporarily successful based on totals. The problem with new gTLDs is that many of the heavily discounted ones do not renew well. These new gTLD registrations are one-year-wonders that do not get renewed for a second year. With some, over 90% of domain names from April 2022 are no longer in the zone. That's almost a complete zone replacement. The theory, from the registry side, is that as long as a small percentage keep renewing each month, it builds a core of domain names that will keep renewing at full fee.

What was interesting was that Epik's registrations had accounted for the bulk of the .REALTY and when they were deleted, it lost appoximately 79% of the zone in a month. (13,530 to 2,871). It was similar to the Digital Town effect on new gTLDs like .BOSTON (13,332 to 3,843 (-71%) in a month).

Regards...

Last edited:
•••
just got an email from epik, first time in a long time...
the opening line...Professionalism, Patience, and a “People-first” attitude.

At Epik, we take pride in our professionalism, patience, and “people-first” attitude toward our customers.
We understand the importance of providing exceptional customer support, and our team is committed to delivering just that. We value every one of our customers and strive to ensure you have a seamless experience with us...
yeah ok sure i believe you.

•••
You ingrates won't have Brian Royce to kick around any more. I hope you treat the new CEO better than you treated him.

Screenshot from 2023-05-02 10-13-20.png

Screenshot from 2023-05-02 10-12-21.png

Last edited:
•••
just got an email from epik, first time in a long time...
the opening line...Professionalism, Patience, and a “People-first” attitude.

At Epik, we take pride in our professionalism, patience, and “people-first” attitude toward our customers.
We understand the importance of providing exceptional customer support, and our team is committed to delivering just that. We value every one of our customers and strive to ensure you have a seamless experience with us...
yeah ok sure i believe you.
Brian Royce is either the most obtuse idiot in history, or just trolling at this point.

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
•••
So, Brian Royce is no longer CEO? Does he still work for Epik?
I am not sure what is going on with his Twitter, but his LinkedIn has not changed and there is no indication that he has been replaced as CEO.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
•••
Just on the Digital Town spikes, Epik was the registrar for most of these domain names. Establishing town and city level services and websites is a lot more difficult than it seems especially with competitors like Google (Search), Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp (Social Media) etc in the same markets.

The Digital Town registrations boosted the figures for some new gTLDs but many of the these domain names had not been developed and the Digital Town venture did not work out as planned. The domain names would probably have had higher renewal fees and would have been too expensive for Digital Town to renew them all. I don't think that it managed to scale its business model. Without any development or local buy-in from partners in these cities and towns, the undeveloped domain names would have been a liability for Digital Town when it came to renewals.

In some respects, Digital Town domain names was applying .COM rules to newly launched gTLDs. Some of the domain names would have had value (city and town names that had been long gone in .COM or the local ccTLDs). The problem with this kind of bulk registration is that while it is background noise for a large TLD like .COM, it has an adverse effect on new TLDs because it takes a lot of domain names that could be developed with working websites out of the TLD.

The resale value of domain names is higher in TLDs with developed websites. Taking too many good domain names out of a newly launched TLD can cause the TLD to fizzle. This is because domainers look at the TLD and see too few opportunities and don't promote the TLD in the land rush phase (many newly launched TLDs do a lot of business in the first six months of the land rush phase before registrations fall to a lower rate). (Some of the Unireg new gTLDs are good examples.) Endusers look at the TLD and see a TLD filled with parking pages, holding pages and affiliate landers. The endusers will stick with what they know and what they know is .COM (and .NET/ORG) and their local ccTLDs.

Regards...jmcc

•••
Brian Royce is even being called out on LinkedIn now -

br2.jpg

br1.jpg

•••
The renewal issue seems to be limited to .com/.net (verisign) thus far.

They are still able to auto renew other gTLDs and ngTLDs (.org, .whatever).

•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
It has been well over 24 hours and the domain I paid $9.99 for is still not in my account AND it is still for sale at Godaddy. I want my $9.99 back. I'm going to get my $9.99 back.

Screenshot from 2023-05-02 20-30-27.png

•••
after waiting for nearly 10 days for a .co renewal, i just transferred the domain out. But i am having a hard time getting the money i paid for renewal back. The Legendary support keep telling will escalate your request to ac department. This is the answer i am getting for last one week. My advise is to transfer the domains out from them when it reaches expiry.

Last edited:
•••
after waiting for nearly 10 days for a .co renewal, i just transferred the domain out. But i am having a hard time getting the money i paid for renewal back. The Legendary support keep telling will escalate your request to ac department. This is the answer i am getting for last one week. My advise is to transfer the domains out from them when it reaches expiry.
If you WAIT until domains expire there is NO guarantee you WILL be able to transfer them out.
Also, if you paid with a credit card just dispute the charge with them, since Epik does NOT refund to the original payment method. At best, they will give you store credit and buyers do NOT have any recourse if something goes wrong.

Last edited:
•••
This guy... :clown:

I wonder what is going to happen when the lawyers actually expect to get paid for their work.

Royce_Lawyer.jpg

•••

I wonder what is going to happen when the lawyers actually expect to get paid for their work.

Show attachment 236966
Maybe they're using their customers' money to pay for those "white shoe lawyers"?
Just a guess, though...

•••
•••
•••
STILL the most recent tweet on Epik's account:
Epik .com @EpikDotCom · Apr 17 Aiming to connect with Rob Monster & exploring alternate paths, remains hopeful for a debt resolution in the near future.
-------
Makes me wonder WHO is PAYING FOR those "white shoe lawyers"???
Did Epik scrap the bottom of the barrel to pay the lawyers???
(This could explain why domain renewals are not working for major TLDs.)
OR
Is ROB bankrolling (at least for now) the lawyers???
(Very unlikely I think, since I don't believe Rob submitted a rebuttal, while everyone else did.)

If the FORMER, then we ALSO seemingly have Rob's answer to the above tweet...NO.
(Remember Rob is STILL Epik's governor, the largest shareholder, etc.)

Last edited:
•••

Show attachment 236966

Interesting how Brian suddenly feels qualified to give business advice to everyone, when the truth is quite the opposite...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back