NameSilo

alert The fund can't be withdrawal from Epik.com via Masterbucks wallet

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

enamebroker

Top Member
Impact
It happened on 23rd Aug 2022 and this matter lasted almost one month without any process. Masterbucks.com declined my fund withdrawal and disabled the button of fund withdrawal. And I contacted Epik.com and got no further action even if Rob Monster got involved in it for two weeks. All the time I was told in email by management review.

What is wrong with Epik.com? Do you think it is normal to disable fund withdrawal? How can I get back my fund from Epik.com? Thanks for your suggestion.

Capture4.JPG

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
1. A user so confident of their 'protected' status that he/she can say literally anything without fear.
2. Someone within the company has been leveraged by an enemy of Mr.Moon
3. The lawsuits and loss of business is bad enough that the writing is on the wall, to borrow a phrase, and someone within Epik knows that nothing they can do will prevent the company from going under.
My theory is that "new" Epik realizes it is a lost cause at this point and they really don't care.

Regardless of my thoughts on KiwiFarms, the behavior by Epik is extremely unprofessional.

They already pushed away their primary registration base in domain investors.

Outside domain investors and "free speech" users, what customer base is left?

If there really are new investors, and it is not just Rob Monster, they will likely suffer the same outcome as past Epik investors...a massive financial loss.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
My theory is that "new" Epik realizes it is a lost cause at this point and they really don't care.

Figure, they've been going back and forth with ICANN since June on the registrar accreditation transfer, and it has not happened.

The way these things work is that ICANN will send a list of questions and information requests and provide a time period to answer. The registrar answers those and sends them back. ICANN reviews and will drill further on any points where it still has questions or believes the answers to have been inadequate. These kinds of things can go on for a while, and this one in particularly having gone on since June suggests there is a problem that Epik has thus far been unable to overcome in order to get the accreditation transfer approved.

You may be correct that Epik LLC might just realize that it's not going to work, they are screwn, and they are trying to poison whatever they believe remains of Epik's reputation, in order to exact some kind of revenge.

But it does seem that they've given up any pretense of trying to be taken seriously.

Last edited:
•••
Figure, they've been going back and forth with ICANN since June on the registrar accreditation transfer, and it has not happened.
John, do you think they can continue operate this way forever? From legal point of view?
If we forget about kiwi farms:
So far, all are happy to some extend: ICANN and registries receive their $$$ (allegedly) from a bank account opened and operated by the "new" Epik, remaining customers are paying to the "new" Epik, accreditation is assigned to "old" Epik, all works... Similarly, there is a bunch of legal entities like "dropcatch 12345 llc" without any real activity (except being ICANN-accredited) and all seems to be fine with them...

Last edited:
•••
The impression is that Epik benefits from this kiwi story. People may think they are stealing the kiwi. But their main activity is stealing money and domains not related to kiwi.

•••
The impression is that Epik benefits from this kiwi story. People may think they are stealing the kiwi. But their main activity is stealing money and domains not related to kiwi.
Rob Monster, Brian Royce, and the "new" Epik owners should write a book -

How To Destroy a Company

That is about the only subject they have any credibility on.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
John, do you think they can continue operate this way forever? From legal point of view?

Most of the dropcatch entities of various kinds are wholly-owned affiliates of "real" registrars, as far as I know. I haven't been involved in that nonsense for a while.

One of ICANN's problems is internal capture of most of the company apparatus by the legal department - and by that I mean the eternal nucleus of it - and the influence that they hold. Boards come and go, executives come and go, but the same very tight cabal has convinced everyone else that they hold the magic keys to the kingdom ever since Louis Touton came down from Jones Day with stone tablets in hand an anointed his successor. In the finest tradition, every decision is based on one thing - what course of action presents the least possible liability of any kind to ICANN as an institution. The institutional preservation prerogative has become such a lodestone at ICANN that there is simply no room for any other basis of decisionmaking.

So, yes, if contracted parties are rounding up their customers to perform human sacrifices to pagan gods, the legal department of ICANN will smugly pat themselves on the back for arranging affairs in such a way that, sure, while it sucks to be one of those customers, we can praise Cthulu that ICANN can't be held liable for whatever happens to them.

It's sad.

•••
Most of the dropcatch entities of various kinds are wholly-owned affiliates of "real" registrars, as far as I know. I haven't been involved in that nonsense for a while.

One of ICANN's problems is internal capture of most of the company apparatus by the legal department - and by that I mean the eternal nucleus of it - and the influence that they hold. B

So, yes, if contracted parties are rounding up their customers to perform human sacrifices to pagan gods, the legal department of ICANN will smugly pat themselves on the back for arranging affairs in such a way that, sure, while it sucks to be one of those customers, we can praise Cthulu that ICANN can't be held liable for whatever happens to them.

It's funny you should touch on this because in my rabbit-hole diving, I've done a cursory read on Mr. Moon's various writings on how the current nature of the 'clearnet' Internet means that being allowed to exist on it is dependent on the whims of a relative handful who are far too wealthy to sue or otherwise demand recourse from.

If nothing else he's certainly not wrong on that score. I've already seen other instances of political influence by dedicated rabble-rousers being used to remove the 'wrong' voices from the public square. Epik is merely the latest and most insane case.

Last edited:
•••
Got a call a few minutes ago suggesting I check epik site...this is what I found:

24-1-31 epik.jpg

UPDATE: It seems to be working now. 10:35 EST

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
I'm still waiting to have access to my money for a name that sold on the Epik platform over a year and a half ago.

Last edited:
•••
Monster probably invested this money in Thai beauties.

•••
Monster probably invested this money in Thai beauties.
Not sure what he has been up to...went silent on me several months ago.

I took a break from this 'issue' mentally over the holidays and made the decision to put it all on a back burner until February.

It is time to loose the hounds.

Last edited:
•••
Maybe I will reach out for a consultation!?! By the way, they are sporting a glorious 5 star rating on Giggle. First two 'customers' seem to be very happy.

24 Epik Yelp nps.jpg

Last edited:
•••
New numbers.

It's bad when you lose 5%+ of your domains under management in 1 month, and that is considered a "good" month.

epikloss.jpg

New Registrations - 1,626
Deleted domains - 13,901

Transfer in - 915
Transfer out - 6,310

Brad

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
New numbers.

It's bad when you lose 5%+ of your domains under management in 1 month, and that is considered a "good" month.

Show attachment 252227

New Registrations - 1,626
Deleted domains - 13,901

Transfer in - 915
Transfer out - 6,310

Brad
Closer to 6% of total but a better way to think about it is to think about percentage of domains that come up for renewal.

315,955 DUMs / 12 months = 26,329 DUMs per month up for renewal (assuming all are 1 year renewals or buys from previous year)

17,800 leaving / 26,329 DUMs per month = 68% of domains up for renewal are leaving.

Last edited:
•••
If Epik is having so many issues with a bunch of incels just wait until they discover the ABDL boys. Monster used to host all of their main sites.

Pro-tip: If the blurred image has text that says oopsie, DO NOT CLICK!!!

And those weirdos are still nothing compared to the cp and loli Monster hosted. 3 investigators called me regarding Monster cp and loli hosting and networks and not all were from US. Remember, Sybil, the hosting company Monster bought from UK, was the main hosting company for all the loli in the world. 3 teenage boys hosting loli with gross monthly revs under $3K/month, including Gab's $1.200/month.

•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
Epik's past is filled with financial missteps that led to a loss of trust from their customers. Now, they're saying they're under new management and completely separate from the old guard. But the mystery is - we don't really know who's in charge now.

This lack of transparency can be a serious issue. In business, it's important to know who you're dealing with, right? Despite assurances from Epik and ICANN, the uncertainty around Epik's leadership is causing a lot of speculation.

So, the takeaway here is, transparency is crucial when you're choosing business partners. If a company isn't clear about its leadership, it might be a good idea to think twice before getting involved. Trust is something that's earned, and it starts with being open and honest.

•••
So, the takeaway here is, transparency is crucial when you're choosing business partners. If a company isn't clear about its leadership, it might be a good idea to think twice before getting involved. Trust is something that's earned, and it starts with being open and honest.
I have been here long enough to know that for many domainers, if you give them a free transfer and renewal, they won't ask questions. The same with escrow fees, offer 1% fees, and the money is on the way regardless who you are.

•••
But the mystery is - we don't really know who's in charge now.
For financial reasons...due in no small part to the $xx,xxx not received for the sale of a domain name on the Epik/Masterbucks platform, I've had to leave a significant number of domain names there.

Although many, many hundreds of names have been moved, there are still hundreds more remaining. I knew something was due to change after the first of the year (either ICANN approval or disapproval), so the lack of funds combined with the upcoming ICANN decision resulted in a pause of transfers.

Since they are not disclosing the 'new owners' I will begin transferring the remainder of the names away.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back