IT.COM

The Process

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Can anyone explain to be in details the process and prices for snaps? and which is the best?

Ive never used them as i just get the leftovers B-)

Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If a Snap is available on a particular domain, you grab it for $69.00!

www.snapnames.com

You have unlimited exchanges if directly through Snapnames (not a reseller of Snaps), so if you're not successful, you may put the remaining time on another domain, so on, and so on (for the year you own the Snap).
If you're successful, the Snap expires and the domain is transferred to your selected Registrar (these are limited somewhat). Then, you sit back and enjoy your retirement (or something like that)! :) I've only ever got one this way, and it wasn't that good of a domain to begin with. Figures, huh? :o
Good Luck, FreeOnli.
B-)

•••
Ok so if i pay $69.00
and micrsoft.com was going to drop
but i didnt get the snap soon enough
that $69.00 isnt lost?
i can keep using the snap credit untill i actually get a snap?

•••
Correct.
You could carry the "remaining" balance (time) to Snap another domain if you were unsuccessful with that one.
You cannot keep using the Snap until the end of time, though ... the term is for one year, regardless. It then expires.
Hint: Time your use of the Snap(s) with Pending Delete cycles, RGP lists, etc. Don't waste any time with unlimited Snaps, IMHO.
Hint: Reseller Snaps have "limited" exchanges ... read the rules carefully before purchasing these to know your limits. Got it? :)
Good Luck, Free.

Last edited:
•••
ok
Whats the best snap service in your opinion?

•••
Snapnames is the most acclaimed service around with the longest track record. ($69, or as low as $39 at some resellers)

If you can get a backorder in at dropwizard.com, do so! ($120)

Namewinner is also a big fish at current and have caught a ton of great names in the past six months. I'm using them less and less because the bidding is just getting out of hand.

GoDaddy has recently began a domain backordering system and has beat Snapnames on several occasions already. I've just started using them so I don't have my own results to report yet. It looks promising though.

•••
Also thefirstname.com, nicegenie, namefox these run auction type services and i believe they are private clubs that might be taking new members, good luck

•••
Just to put in my own experience using Godaddy. With me just starting with them, I am 5 snags for 6 attempts so far. 3 of them were beating a matching snap attempt at NW, one of which I was out bid at $100. Saved me a few $$$ there ;)

•••
I recommend you follow my signature and sign up with The First Name. :)

•••
The best is Snapnames. Namewinner like RJ said is crazy.

Also, get into drop clubs if you can like DropKing (hard to get in)

Good luck though

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back