domains TheDeeply.com sells for $75K Net

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact

Alex Verdea posted that with Rick Schwartz in his corner he sold TheDeeply.com for $75,000 Net. One point Alex made in his tweet was for people to turn off their whois privacy.Congrats to Alex on a great domain name sale.https://twitter.com/AlexVerdea/status/1774787047355498932 … [Read more...]

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi

sometimes,
domains get sold for headscratcher amount, because the seller has reputation of high dollar transactions.
so, if/when the potential buyer is aware of that, then they are more likely to pay or offer close to asking price.

imo...
Absolutely Don. Over the years working with Mike Berkens when Mike was active before selling to GoDaddy, people who wanted a name would say I guess if Mike owns it I am going to have to pay more right? I would say well Mike does not sell cheap.

I cannot mention the name because it's not mine it was Mike's but I helped broker a name with a European GoDaddy broker who was exceptional, I say that because after frustration with Mike taking his time to get back to me, the buyer wanted the name badly and there was even a public record if he knew how to use Namebio of just under $300. The initial offer was solid at $15,000. I told the guy Mike doesn't sell cheap, when Mike finally gets back to me, he tells me tell them $100K. I thought ok that's nuts. They came back at $45K, I told the GoDaddy broker who they now hired as well, $100K or don't bother replying. They came back at $100K in less than 12 hours. I could not believe it. Some people just have that rep and knack for getting more. I am willing to bet 99.9% of every domainer in the biz would have jumped for joy at $15K. Now of course Mike has always told me you can never under any circumstance take the first offer even if it makes you ecstatic. If someone opens at $500K for a name you would sell for $50K gladly you must counter higher. And that strategy served him well. He started every year with a $750K plus renewal bill. He told me and in interviews he always surpassed that.

•••
It's an outlier sale. It's not like "The Deeply" is some great term with a big pool of potential buyers.

When all the factors line up, you can see a sale like this.

I would have sold it much cheaper, as I would never price a domain like this anywhere near that price range.

There is an argument to be made that you would make more total sales by just making good sales than by making the random sale like this. You have to turn down a lot of good offers to make one outlier sale.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
•••
@maya-zir I still don't understand why you're bringing this up, especially in the context of the domain king.

•••
@maya-zir I don't think you can say this at all times if you think that the price paid for a domain is too high in your opinion. You will have to come up with evidence per individual case, rather than generalities.

•••
If someone calls himself a king, this does not mean that he is a king.
At least not for me.
Check all sold expensive domains and you see 70% are not in use.
Again: evidence is king. There is no place for conspiracy theories in this thread.

•••
  • Waited until April 1st to report the sale.
  • Hand Reg sells for $75k
  • The Domain Seller sells a $49 book on TheDomainInvestingPlaybook.com
So if this isn't an April Fools joke, I'm left to wonder how valuable is that $49 book, and have I been domaining the wrong way?

Probably 😂

It’s not an April fools joke.

I know Alex a little, I paid for a consulting call with him early on in my career… he learned from Mike Mann and last I heard he has tens of thousands of names.

The book is well worth the price and judging by most of the names I see posted for sale here there are a LOT of people that could benefit from it.

•••
I think money laundering with domains might have been more popular before crypto and NFT existed. :ROFL:

Brad

•••
It gets more insane when you realize the domain name was created last year.

•••
How do you get Rick Schwartz in your corner? TheStrongly.com is available and I want to ask him if he can help me sail it for $100k if i reg it

Last edited:
•••
sh*it name

there are a lot of cool names for Deep Tech at reasonable prices

imo

•••
I turned whois privacy off, but they hide it anyway because of GDPR. :xf.rolleyes:

•••
all these (suffix) words (company, mortgate, stores etc) , if we namebio it, great sales + in number, but for deeply its few with low amount, Dotdb dont show much either, its not a much searched kw either, in your experience what factors could hv contributed to such huge amount for this name ?
He lucked out I believe there was an entertainment agency involved. Sometimes people just get lucky, things line up that someone has a name that seems obscure and somewhere else in the world a big tech or entertainment company is naming a product, service or movie that exact name.

•••
I'm not jealous, I was just commenting and making a reasonable point about money laundering. Your reaction simply shows your dependence on worshiping some idol.
This is the slavish nature of an insecure individual.
You have a lot of frustrations.

•••
There is no place for conspiracy theories in this thread

I'm with you on the needing evidence argument, but let's be honest, this thread is primed for conspiracy theories.

Thread make-up:

I've been waiting for this to be revealed as an April Fools jokes. Especially, since this just followed the faked reported sale of NowHiring.ai. But no joke has been deeply revealed yet.

So if this isn't an April Fools joke, I'm left to wonder how valuable is that $49 book, and have I been domaining the wrong way?

Per Ricks comment on TheDomains.com:

The lesson for all to know is don’t be quick to give a price. And if you do give a price, make sure you have it in your mind that you’re talking to a company like Amazon and quote accordingly.

If you fish for whales, you will catch whales. If you fish for minnows, you will catch

I recently sold GiggleAcademy.com for apprx $4k BIN to (I think) CZ who has an estimated worth of $33 billion. I rely on brandbucket for most of my pricing, but had I relied on Rick, I do wonder what could have been...

Last edited:
•••
I see you also have self-proclaimed idols.
Of course there are and have been sales based on money laundering.
But I think the point here was that if you come on a thread about a specific sale and say : “there are money laundering sales “ , it’s kinda obvious that someone reading it could think it was related to THIS sale.
That’s all
No need to be judging people or their idols man.

•••
Oh, wow, these all seem like terrible names to me. Shows what I know 🤣

Top dollar name is definitely a shitty brand/name. I'll give the buyer a pass as it's a '00 purchase and things worked differently back then.

•••
Thanks for the data @equity78 Note that all of the others on the list are The + a noun.
Top 10 Reported The Keyword .com sales of all time

The term 'deeply' is an adjective. As such "The" and "deeply" do not go together naturally, at least if that is the complete expression. For example "the deeply divided" would be a complete expression where it is an adjective.

I agree with those who have commented that this is an outlier sale, an entertainment company that wanted badly that exact expression.

If one waits long enough, I guess the perfect seller may come along even for rare combinations. In this case he was fortunate that in a short time from registration someone came along wanting this one.

Congrats to Alex on the negotiation getting top dollar out of this name.

-Bob

Last edited:
•••
Hi

sometimes,
domains get sold for headscratcher amount, because the seller has reputation of high dollar transactions.
so, if/when the potential buyer is aware of that, then they are more likely to pay or offer close to asking price.

imo...

•••
Curious to know what are the reasons that led Alex to price it that way

Last edited:
•••
How does Thedeeply.com worth 75k? With "The" for that matter! Market has gone crazy.

Last edited:
•••
How do you get Rick Schwartz in your corner? TheStrongly.com is available and I want to ask him if he can help me sail it for $100k if i reg it
Some domains are sold and bought for money laundering

•••
I never said that exactly this sale was money laundering.
But a lot of domains are bought and sold for money laundering.
But personally I don't think this and many other deals were fair.
It is certainly a lot easier to play games when it comes to things with subjective value.

At the same time, when you have one of a kind assets the price is basically determined by the buyer, seller, budget, and motivation. There are many legitimate head scratching sales when all the stars align.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
I'm with you on the needing evidence argument, but let's be honest, this thread is primed for conspiracy theories.

Thread make-up:

I've been waiting for this to be revealed as an April Fools jokes. Especially, since this just followed the
fake sale of NowHiring.ai. But no joke has been deeply revealed yet.

Per Ricks comment on TheDomains.com:

I recently sold GiggleAcademy.com for apprx $4k BIN to (I think) CZ who has an estimated worth of $33 billion. I rely on brandbucket for most of my pricing, but had I relied on Rick, I do wonder what could have been...
GiggleAcademy.com for $4K smells like someone looking to launder. hahahah

Kidding you Chris. Congrats on the sale.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back