IT.COM

Third PArty MYSQL Tools

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Is any third party software out there that I can use MYSQL database to create applications, not web based. But stand alone, sort of like ACCESS, and ORACLE. I want to be able to run it on the client side without using a browser (Stand alone). Thanx [email protected]

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
u want to connect to a database using a non web based format?

hmmmmm

•••
I'm not aware of any software that will create mysql applications for you. But mysql does have the ability to interface with many different languages including C/C++ python perl and java.

I imagaine your best bet would be using C/C++ for creating stand alone applications that use a mysql database. Maybe visual C++ ?

•••
More specifically, i cannot afford programs like Visual Basic. What i am looking for is a front end, cheap application creator. Example, I have a MYSQL Database that resides on my network (web server) . i wnat to take that data and create functional apps. (keep track of dog Licencse, permits, tickets, orders0 I am doing this for my local sub division.

•••
•••
There is nothing on the above site that will allow me to create apps. Those posted on that site are just Database managing stuff. Thanx anyway. I need something that I can create apps that will interact with the MYSQL database on then back end.

•••
learn php mate! easisest way

•••
Yes I can do it PHP but I can only use that via a web browser mate. I want to create apps that does not rely on the browser. Stand alone apps.

•••
You can use PHP from the command line. :)

But I'm assuming you're wanting to create applications that you can distribute to others for them to use on their computers correct?

Some type of windows executable or?

•••
Your are dead on. I want to create some sort of windows based apps that will connect to the MYSQL Database.

•••
I guess it would have to an exe for it to run. similar to apps created with Visual Basic. But something cheat, I can't afford VB

•••
I don't know of any software that can do that, but I would be interested in something like that also, and I will let you know if I ever do come across anything like that. :)

I imagine most them type of applications are done with visualC++ though.

If you did find a program like the one you're wanting it probably wound't be free either. But I'll keep an eye out. :D

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back