Dynadot

discuss Those who Outbound, how can I make life easier?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

VaselineDippedChips

Impact
Hey there,

I'm a dev toying around with a website that makes outbound discovery and contact easier in an automated sense. I'm floating ideas around like targeted AI written messages, email scraping with domain matching, emailing automation. Would anyone be interested in something like this? Any ideas you'd like to add? Thanks!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Sounds good to me
bit surprised there isn't really tools that cover this yet. I'm not sure if its for the lack of outbounders or what.

•••
it is not possible to make

•••
Hi,
Sounds great!

Who needs the human touch? Just set the bot in motion, kick back, and watch the offers roll in.
Business people love conversing with robots anyway..

:xf.smile:

•••
In my experience, it's tough to automate outbound marketing if one cares about keeping emails highly targeted and not spamming. The line is very fine between actual spam and acceptable business cold emails. There are tools already out there that scrape emails easily but nothing beats manually visiting and inspecting websites in my experience.

•••
•••
Hi,
Sounds great!

Who needs the human touch? Just set the bot in motion, kick back, and watch the offers roll in.

:xf.smile:
The idea isn't to simply automate the entire transaction, but the initial outreach with snappy direct templates you can edit. Follow-ups are in your hands.

Last edited:
•••
•••
In my experience, it's tough to automate outbound marketing if one cares about keeping emails highly targeted and not spamming. The line is very fine between actual spam and acceptable business cold emails. There are tools already out there that scrape emails easily but nothing beats manually visiting and inspecting websites in my experience.
Yes! I agree so much with this. The matching of domains to email that would actually be interested in buying your domain is taking a bit of work but I do think it's solvable with some time and effort. My goal isn't to spam BS unfocused emails.

Manual is always better, but I'm focusing on the domainer with potentially hundreds of domains with less time to sort and scour everything in their inventory themselves.

•••
•••
There are tools already you can select to scrape only if email is @whateverdomaintheyhave. That doesn't mean the email will be targeted and not spam. I think you are missing the point. Anyone who engages in bulk spam nowadays won't last too long before their email gets suspended and on blacklists... Plus you don't want people complaining about your email practices. It's annoying when I receive spam so that's not something I want to cause on others. Kind of pointless. Just throwing the word "AI" doesn't mean much (at least with the current state of such tech). Perhaps in the future but still seems like a stretch.

However, if you still think you can do it then by all means go ahead... There's a small chance we could be wrong.

Last edited:
•••
There are tools already you can select to scrape only if email is @whateverdomaintheyhave. That doesn't mean the email will be targeted and not spam. I think you are missing the point. Anyone who engages in bulk spam nowadays won't last too long before their email gets suspended and on blacklists... Kind of pointless. Just throwing the word "AI" doesn't mean much (at least with the current state of such tech). Perhaps in the future but still seems like a stretch.

However, if you still think you can do it then by all means go ahead... There's a small chance we could be wrong.
Yea im aware of the tools that scrape emails. Bulk sending emails is another huddle to figure out without getting blocked or spam binned. By AI, I mean template writing based on the kind of business you are targeting, etc.

All-in-all this is still very conceptual . im figuring out if there is want for this as all you understand the space more as you live in it and profit from it. I'm very much open to pivoting based on issues you actually face.

Last edited:
•••
not possible my brother I know

•••
Hate to be the broken record, but I have to agree with the crowd here.

Any email scraped should be verified with your own eyes, both to make sure the person being contacted is the best contact, and to research the business for yourself to ensure the domain being offered is a good fit.

Any template will read like a template, and is likely to turn off potential buyers.

Any advantage gained via efficiency will be matched with the disadvantage of sending out too many emails too quickly and being flagged by spam filters.

I know it seems crazy, but a fully manual process really is the best way to go when it comes to outbound marketing of domain names.

•••
Hate to be the broken record, but I have to agree with the crowd here.

Any email scraped should be verified with your own eyes, both to make sure the person being contacted is the best contact, and to research the business for yourself to ensure the domain being offered is a good fit.

Any template will read like a template, and is likely to turn off potential buyers.

Any advantage gained via efficiency will be matched with the disadvantage of sending out too many emails too quickly and being flagged by spam filters.

I know it seems crazy, but a fully manual process really is the best way to go when it comes to outbound marketing of domain names.
Thanks for the feedback, Joe. Yeah, I hear you and if you guys really do think this isn't optimal I'll kill it here as it just doesn't bring value. From an outsider's point of view, automation seems like a highly advantageous route. It was worth hearing this first before I got in deep.

•••
Thanks for the feedback, Joe. Yeah, I hear you and if you guys really do think this isn't optimal I'll kill it here as it just doesn't bring value. From an outsider's point of view, automation seems like a highly advantageous route. It was worth hearing this first before I got in deep.
I totally know what you mean. I did a lot of research into existing bulk emailing services when I first started out with domain outbounding. After a lot of reading and asking around, I realized that the most experienced people either didn't outbound at all, or they did a very small amount, with targeted and customized messages.

One of the best tutorials I read was by Ali Zandi (not sure if he's even still active in domains). He used to research personal interests and hobbies of executives he was contacting in order to make clever links and pitches in the opening email.

I suppose marketing domains is ultimately like marketing anything else. Personal touch adds value, whereas bulk tactics will fetch bulk prices.

•••
Target just funded startups, nobody else needs / wants your domains in 2024.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back