Dynadot

Thoughts on a community-curated domain auction?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

jrpowney

Established Member
Impact
Hi,

I've recently built a platform (not named due to promotional rules) that's a community-curated domain auction and I want your feedback on the idea.

The idea behind this platform is to allow the community to vote for domains they're interested in purchasing. The top 100 domains after voting has commenced make the following months auction.

The reason for this is because sourcing the perfect domain has become treacherous in an over-inflated domain marketplace. Marketplaces have been oversaturated and unless you pay for promotions to appear on the homepage your domains gets lost in the void.

Alongside the auction, you have the option to purchase a domain brokerage which will mean outbound reach will be done on your selected domain to increase chances of a sale.

I've got a couple of questions -
  1. Would you use a platform like the above and vote for your favourite domains to make auction?
  2. Would you be more incentivised if you received a potential discounted price when the auction begins?
So you've got some information on the platform, it's currently got -
  • 730+ domains submitted for voting
  • 30+ active users
  • 15+ newsletter/auction subscribers.
I look forward to hearing your feedback.

Thanks
Jake

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
best wishes

Last edited:
•••
•••
So you are the one sending me emails about this.
I thought the fact I didn’t sent you domains for review after the first email would stop you on sending more.

•••
So you are the one sending me emails about this.
I thought the fact I didn’t sent you domains for review after the first email would stop you on sending more.
Sorry Yanosh! The system setup to send emails should only send one email per address. I'll ensure you're removed from the list from future emails.

•••
•••
Sorry Yanosh! The system setup to send emails should only send one email per address. I'll ensure you're removed from the list from future emails.
No problem

Good luck with your business

•••
It's an interesting idea...can you pm me the website? I would provide feedback but would need to see and work with it first.

•••
It's an interesting idea...can you pm me the website? I would provide feedback but would need to see and work with it first.
Thanks Blake, Just sent you a PM

•••
No, I would not use it.
Hi

nor would i
why?

too secretive, and your reasons for creating are not true
The reason for this is because sourcing the perfect domain has become treacherous in an over-inflated domain marketplace. Marketplaces have been oversaturated and unless you pay for promotions to appear on the homepage your domains gets lost in the void.
savvy buyers know how to find quality, despite the vast inventories on the marketplaces.

imo...

•••
Hi

nor would i
why?

too secretive, and your reasons for creating are not true

savvy buyers know how to find quality, despite the vast inventories on the marketplaces.

imo...
I don't think the reasons are false. Domains do get lost for the vast majority of people, unless as stated you know how to navigate the platforms correctly.

Why's it secretive in your opinion?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back