IT.COM

Three and a half Moniker Issues

Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Three issues:

1. When trying to fund my account using paypal (in order to renew domains), I get an ERROR 500 Java.lang.nullpointerexception. Have never gotten it before a week or so ago. Reult is I cn't use paypal to put funds in my Moniker accout. (Money from paypal account is not the problem.)

(1.5 Moniker charges an extra 4% to use PayPal.)

2. I called Moniker's 1-800-688-6311 number for tech support about the 500 Error and got a recorded "call cannot be completed" message. Neither of my two lines could get through. Called the phone company, and they could not get through and had no explanation. Friends in lower 48 (I'm in Alaska) could call just fine. I tried Skype and got through fine....but

3. They were closed. Did I hear the recording right....closed on Saturday, but open a few hours on Sunday?

Filed an online ticket, but have no idea how long they take to answer.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Moniker replies pretty quickly to support tickets.

As for the 4% charge, here is away around that.

If you do not have a Debit Card for your Paypal account, Get One. In Moniker, set up that card as a CC when you get it. When you make payment, use the CC for your Paypal account. The funds will still be drawn from your Paypal account and you will not have the 4% fee. ;)

•••
Did you get this resolved verbster?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back