Dynadot

Namesilo deactivated my account

NameSilo
Watch

maya-zir

Top Member
Impact
Namesilo deactivated my account with all my domains. The problem is I never receive their emails and they knew about this issue since 2019 but they never tried to fix it.

26.05.2023 I paid Namesilo for 3 domain name transfer from another registrar, but they never were able to send me an email to continue the transfer, and live chat support denied helping me.

I don't get emails from them, so, I opened a PayPal dispute (one week later) where I clearly stated the reason for the dispute hoping Namesilo will read and solve the problem, but they just refunded me 3 minutes after the dispute was created. They even didn't try to solve the problem or respond in PayPal chat.

Please note the dispute resulted in your NameSilo account being locked which will be removed once the dispute is closed.

They deserved the dispute, but even with a dispute they could just respond to me via PayPal chat and offered to help with the transfer. But they preferred to refund and then in revenge deactivate my account with all my 70+ domains.

Now they deactivated my account with all my domains and want me to "cancel the dispute" which was already closed after they choose to refund instead to respond my complaint and try to solve the issue.

I don't understand what they want from me now - tell PayPal I am a scammer who opened a dispute for fun? What a shame of the registrar!

I am (was) their client since 2015.

PS: Finally, they told, "Your case has been assigned to our Accounts Team, they will check this case and the details provided". I have no idea what they are going to investigate, but my account is deactivated right now and I have no access to my domains and even have no idea if I still have them....

I remind the dispute was not related to a new registration.
I paid for 3 domains I had on GoDaddy and wanted to transfer them to Namesilo.
But Namesilo was unable to add them to my account.
I paid for the service I never got.
Namesilo could respond to me on PayPal and offer to help, in this case the dispute would be closed.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
There must be a spam prevention software on your server, spamassasin or something similar. You should change its settings to solve the problem. If you have never touched its settings, it must be using default settings and usually the default spam protection level is designed to block more spam emails with a high false positive rate. You should lower the protection level to allow a few spam emails. Unless your domain is heavily targeted by spammers, it's safe to have a lower the default spam protection. The default level is for moderately targeted domain names and is very high for most domain names. That's the case for hotmail, gmail and other popular email servers. Their domain names are heavily targeted and they have to set extremely high protection levels which block many legitimate emails together with all spam emails and they name it as zero spam policy. You may also disable the software (spamassasin or similar) or uninstall it to receive all emails including all the spam emails. The choice is yours. It's not that difficult to change its default settings. You have full control over your server.
I had no spam filter on my mail server.
I asked the hoster remove all filters.
But I still had customers who couldn't contact me.
And many times when I responded to emails, my emails never were recieved.
I had emails on 2 different hosts with the same problem.
Ok, It was not the issue with each email, but maybe 1-2 email from each 500.

•••
Glad you for a access again... Anyway..
I didn't ask Namesilo for a refund

Make sure to to it next time. A lot of companies will see it as an act of bad faith if you don't request a refund but open a dispute/chargeback without any form of communication beforehand.

•••

Make sure to to it next time. A lot of companies will see it as an act of bad faith if you don't request a refund but open a dispute/chargeback without any form of communication beforehand.
Yeah, he seemed to disagree with me about opening cases, there is no doubt too many will make paypal restrict account you just can't open a case each time your not happy with a seller or company. What are your thoughts on this Mr. branding?

•••

It seems nobody reads what I write.

I tried to transfer domains from GD to Namesilo but the transfer failed.
I talked to Namesilo via live chat but got no help.
Previously I got no help with email issues.
A refund has never been discussed.

After I got no help and lost my patience, I decided to search for another registrar.
What was I supposed to do in this case?
  1. First of all, I needed to stop the transfer and lock my GD domains.
  2. And then get my money back.
  3. And then create a list of registrars and choose the best one.
I am not 5 years old and can do all these tasks myself.
I don't need to read "terms" or ask Namesilo how to request a refund, especially if I have problems with communication with them.
To request a refund via the PayPal platform is a legal option and if Namesilo sees it as something criminal, this is a Namesilo problem.

I requested a refund, I got it and forgot about this, the issue had no importance, it was a routine task, and I had no idea Namesilo got a heart attack because of a routine request for a refund.
Namesilo had almost 4 weeks to investigate that refund and pay attention, it was not a fraud.
Besides, I didn't get it behind the Namesilo's back after they refused me to pay.
I requested it myself, you can call it self-service.
For me requesting a refund via PayPal or via email is the same.

Ok, even if Namesilo did it automatically and deactivated my account, then why they didn't tell me about that when I contacted them?

They never told me the account was deactivated temporarily until they check the refund issue.

They told me a lot of times to close the dispute to get my account back.
I informed them very clearly there was no active dispute, and tell them to read the dispute note.
Besides, they never told me the refund was unfair, they only were blaming me for "opening a dispute".

No one told me "don't worry, we just check it and activate your account". I was told "the account is deactivated because you dared to use PayPal instead to contact us".

What was I supposed to think?

Last edited:
•••
I had no spam filter on my mail server.
I asked the hoster remove all filters.
But I still had customers who couldn't contact me.
And many times when I responded to emails, my emails never were recieved.
I had emails on 2 different hosts with the same problem.
Ok, It was not the issue with each email, but maybe 1-2 email from each 500.

Main reason of being unable to receive some emails is spam filter. Other reason could be those:
- the sender is unable to resolve your DNS MX record.
- MX record is pointed to another domain (usually the one provided by your hosting service) with either faulty DNS settings or low quality nameservers.
- Server has a firewall or a similar thing on mail ports which drops, blocks certain connection based on IP or predefined behaviors.
- Overloaded email server, custom server/operating system settings, hardware issues, internet connectivity issues.
- Your email server, nameserver, domain or something is blacklisted/blocked by one of the sender's systems. Hence all the requests from your part to sender to verify something may have been denied, blocked. Even if you don't have email filter your email server, operating system, control panel software, firewalls of the datacenter or something else may try to verify something before accepting incoming emails. Those verification attemps usually needs to get communicated with sender's email server, nameserver, etc.

I receive all emails from any sender. I use only FOSS, free software on my servers.

> And many times when I responded to emails, my emails never were received.

If some of the emails you send don't arrive, it's harder to fix and is a different kind of issue. However as I wrote above, if someone refuses to receive emails from you, you may also be unable to receive emails from the same person because of some invisible filters on your part. You should check all of your server IP addresses if blacklisted, server IP addresses include email server IP, http server IP (in case of you send emails through email scripts/phpmail function, etc and nameserver IP addresses. If all of your IP addresses are clean, then there must be a filter somewhere on operating system, control panel sofware, datacenter, nameserver.

Lastly check if your MX record is pointed to IPv6 and if your email server is fully working on IPv6. If you are unsure, remove AAAA for MX. As you know IPv6 may have different sets of firewall rules or filters. So remove IPv6 address(es) from MX and watch if it makes a difference.

•••

I get YOU didn't have an issue with the refund but THEY did take an issue with how it was requested. Hence they flagged your account.

You could've checked their faq. It kindly asks you to mail them to request it. They usually issue the refunds within a couple of days.

It's a common courtesy to establish communication. If things cannot be resolved there's the dispute/claim option as a last resort.

Anyway, beside the point as your main issue seems to be transfer and mail related.

That's something they cannot solve as it involves your email and the loosing registrar, not Namesilo so it's not of their concern.

•••
I get YOU didn't have an issue with the refund but THEY did take an issue with how it was requested. Hence they flagged your account.

You could've checked their faq. It kindly asks you to mail them to request it. They usually issue the refunds within a couple of days.

It's a common courtesy to establish communication. If things cannot be resolved there's the dispute/claim option as a last resort.

Anyway, beside the point as your main issue seems to be transfer and mail related.

That's something they cannot solve as it involves your email and the loosing registrar, not Namesilo so it's not of their concern.
This is NOT the reason to take my account with all my domains and not inform me about if they are going to activate it or not.
I didn't request a refund from the PayPal support team, I requested it from Namesilo vis the PlaPal platform and indicated the reason.
And I requested it, and not stole it.
They read the dispute and decided to refund which means they knew it was not a fraud.
And even if they had their doubts, they could tell me "wait, we just check the issue, your account is deactivated just for a while".

For 2 days I got no clear answer about what happened with my domains.

Last edited:
•••
This is NOT the reason to take my account with all my domains and not inform me about if they are going to activate it or not.
I didn't request a refund from the PayPal support team, I requested it from Namesilo vis the PlaPal platform and indicated the reason.
They read the dispute and decided to refund which means they knew it was not a fraud.
And even if they had their doubts, they could tell me "wait, we just check the issue, your account is deactivated just for a while".

Yes. Exactly my point. Look, things are getting lost in translation and your expectations of how NS should respond are unreasonable.

I'm out.

•••

I think that it has worked out as well as possible. You no longer have to deal with them and they no longer have to deal with you. For some reason, I never seem to have any of these type of issues. It's all a mystery.

•••
Yes. Exactly my point. Look, things are getting lost in translation and your expectations of how NS should respond are unreasonable.

I'm out.
I want to see your reaction if tomorrow your registrar will close your account with all domains and will not respond to your question "what happened with my domains?".
When my bank locked my account due to my ID document renovation, they just told me "wait, we just need to check and update, it is a standard procedure", I had no problem with that.
But when Namesilo denies me access to my domains, and I see here a lot of cases when already registered domains resulted to be re-sold and Namesilo ignores my questions, do you seriously think I am supposed to be happy?
The issue was NOT a refund, the problem was the silence and no answer, and part of my domains are active sites, a labor of the last 5-7 years, which could be resold or expired and lost all authority and history.

Yesterday @namesilo responded here and told me it was a temporary deactivation, but I had no idea what it was for the last 2 days and was requested again and again to close an already closed dispute.
No one asked me to explain the dispute reason, no one asked me to prove anything, and the only answer I got was "it was because you requested a refund via PayPal".

Ok, they couldn't contact me since 2.06.23, but they had 4 weeks to investigate the issue without asking me. They could deactivate the account making me contact them and ask the next time ask for a refund via email. Instead, they were driving me crazy for 2 days ignoring my questions about my domains' status.

I discovered the access problem on 25.06.2023 and the dispute was created on 2.06.23.
4 weeks was enough time to check everything and pay attention it was not a fraud.
They also could check the issue the same day I emailed them - on 25.06.23 - it was not a situation when I a refund after they refused it.

Just imagine, on 25.06.23 I found out my account is deactivated, I have no idea since when it is deactivated and after how many time all domains from the deactivated account could be resold.

You can be out until the same will happen to you and then you will create here topics.

Last edited:
•••
I think that it has worked out as well as possible. You no longer have to deal with them and they no longer have to deal with you. For some reason, I never seem to have any of these type of issues. It's all a mystery.
So what?
I also had no a such problem before.

•••
Main reason of being unable to receive some emails is spam filter. Other reason could be those:
- the sender is unable to resolve your DNS MX record.
- MX record is pointed to another domain (usually the one provided by your hosting service) with either faulty DNS settings or low quality nameservers.
- Server has a firewall or a similar thing on mail ports which drops, blocks certain connection based on IP or predefined behaviors.
- Overloaded email server, custom server/operating system settings, hardware issues, internet connectivity issues.
- Your email server, nameserver, domain or something is blacklisted/blocked by one of the sender's systems. Hence all the requests from your part to sender to verify something may have been denied, blocked. Even if you don't have email filter your email server, operating system, control panel software, firewalls of the datacenter or something else may try to verify something before accepting incoming emails. Those verification attemps usually needs to get communicated with sender's email server, nameserver, etc.

I receive all emails from any sender. I use only FOSS, free software on my servers.

> And many times when I responded to emails, my emails never were received.

If some of the emails you send don't arrive, it's harder to fix and is a different kind of issue. However as I wrote above, if someone refuses to receive emails from you, you may also be unable to receive emails from the same person because of some invisible filters on your part. You should check all of your server IP addresses if blacklisted, server IP addresses include email server IP, http server IP (in case of you send emails through email scripts/phpmail function, etc and nameserver IP addresses. If all of your IP addresses are clean, then there must be a filter somewhere on operating system, control panel sofware, datacenter, nameserver.

Lastly check if your MX record is pointed to IPv6 and if your email server is fully working on IPv6. If you are unsure, remove AAAA for MX. As you know IPv6 may have different sets of firewall rules or filters. So remove IPv6 address(es) from MX and watch if it makes a difference.
I asked the hoster to check all settings, but it didn't help.
I had a few emails to which I never could respond from my personalized email but easily contacted the person from my Hotmail account.
I also talked to those customers and asked them to check their settings, but we couldn't solve it.
I had that issue with 2 of my personalized emails and then I used 2 different hostings.
Approx. 1-2 emails from each 500 was impossible to respond to from my personalized emails (I had 2 different emails on 2 different hosts).

I used to get this message

This is the mail system at the host server xxxxxxxxxxxxxx.
I'm sorry to have to inform you that your message could not
be delivered to one or more recipients. It's attached below.
For further assistance, please send mail to the postmaster.
If you do so, please include this problem report. You can
delete your own text from the attached returned message.

Last edited:
•••
I asked the hoster to check all settings, but it didn't help.
I had a few emails to which I never could respond from my personalized email but easily contacted the person from my Hotmail account.
I also talked to those customers and asked them to check their settings, but we couldn't solve it.
I had that issue with 2 of my personalized emails and then I used 2 different hostings.
Approx. 1-2 emails from each 500 was impossible to respond to from my personalized emails (I had 2 different emails on 2 different hosts).

I used to get this message

Make sure spf, dmarc and dkim DNS records are correctly set.

If you include your email address in dmarc, some email servers may send you an automated email with more specific reasons of why your email was rejected. Then you will know exactly what needs to be fixed. With dmarc, you will also get informed on who impersonate your email address, are sending emails from your email address even though that information is unlikely useful.

Even paid, expensive email services are unable to deliver all emails. 1-2 undelivered emails per 500 can be ignored. It's not very high. Sometimes the reason may be related to receivers like you are unable to receive namesilo emails.

Last edited:
•••

Previously I got no help with email issues.
A refund has never been discussed.

After I got no help and lost my patience, I decided to search for another registrar.
What was I supposed to do in this case?
  1. First of all, I needed to stop the transfer and lock my GD domains.
  2. And then get my money back.
  3. And then create a list of registrars and choose the best one.
I am not 5 years old and can do all these tasks myself.
I don't need to read "terms" or ask Namesilo how to request a refund, especially if I have problems with communication with them.
To request a refund via the PayPal platform is a legal option and if Namesilo sees it as something criminal, this is a Namesilo problem.

I requested a refund, I got it and forgot about this, the issue had no importance, it was a routine task, and I had no idea Namesilo got a heart attack because of a routine request for a refund.
Namesilo had almost 4 weeks to investigate that refund and pay attention, it was not a fraud.
Besides, I didn't get it behind the Namesilo's back after they refused me to pay.
I requested it myself, you can call it self-service.
For me requesting a refund via PayPal or via email is the same.

Ok, even if Namesilo did it automatically and deactivated my account, then why they didn't tell me about that when I contacted them?

They never told me the account was deactivated temporarily until they check the refund issue.

They told me a lot of times to close the dispute to get my account back.
I informed them very clearly there was no active dispute, and tell them to read the dispute note.
Besides, they never told me the refund was unfair, they only were blaming me for "opening a dispute".

No one told me "don't worry, we just check it and activate your account". I was told "the account is deactivated because you dared to use PayPal instead to contact us".

I think you are right on your complain. They shouldn't lock your account with domains in it. Because if the reason was paypal dispute, it's irrelevant. It seems like a punishment or lesson to customers what will happen if they want their money back.

A few months ago I had a different problem with namesilo and namesilo was not helpful which was in contrast to previous helpful namesilo behavior. Maybe namesilo top management has changed. Current namesilo and the old one is different.

•••
I think you are right on your complain. They shouldn't lock your account with domains in it. Because if the reason was paypal dispute, it's irrelevant. It seems like a punishment or lesson to customers what will happen if they want their money back.

A few months ago I had a different problem with namesilo and namesilo was not helpful which was in contrast to previous helpful namesilo behavior. Maybe namesilo top management has changed. Current namesilo and the old one is different.
Yes, I may not have been very clear in my previous posts, but the problem was not the deactivation itself, I could understand if I was asked to wait a few days or even weeks.

I also understand the Namesilo reason for deactivation, but it was not clear to me that everything was OK with my domains and they were not going to be resold.

No one asked me to explain the reason for the dispute, no one asked me to verify my ID, no one asked me to verify my PayPal, etc. How was I to know it was a temporary deactivation and the Namesilo team is investigating something?

Yes, it looked like a punishment or lesson for what I did something not according to their rules.

By the way, if I would ask them by email to refund, I am sure that they would refund it. The refund itself has never been a problem. Not for me, not for them. The domain transfer never took place, so there was nothing to pay for.

I just had no idea there was a specific rule for requesting a refund.

In any case, why did Namasilo only start investigating after I contacted them? Why didn't they start an investigation 3 weeks ago?

Yes, I also have previously been very pleased with Namesilo's help and service.

Last edited:
•••
So what?
I also had no a such problem before.
I think you can go into the transfer page on namesilo and cancel the transfers and they will refund you rather then do a paypal case. But, once your account is locked you can no longer do that. I get you didn't request refund from namesilo but via paypal platform. You just could have handled it differently at least in my opinion.

•••
I think you can go into the transfer page on namesilo and cancel the transfers and they will refund you rather then do a paypal case. But, once your account is locked you can no longer do that. I get you didn't request refund from namesilo but via paypal platform. You just could have handled it differently at least in my opinion.
Again the same.
Do you read what I write?

First of all, being a normal person, I did the most common thing - I went to PayPal and wrote a note for Namesilo - about why I needed a refund. It was very clear.
I also stated I got no help from support. It was more than clear to understand why I requested a refund and mark that request as a non-fraud.
It was 2.06.2023

Instead of that, Namesilo for more than 3 weeks even didn't try to think and just deactivated my account with all my domains.

I contacted them only on 25.06.2023 via live chat and they refused to explain to me, just told contact Namesilo by email.
After I contacted Namesilo by email, they also didn't tell me anything, just was repeating again and again "It happened because you opened a dispute".

No one told me they just wanted to investigate.
Besides.. investigate what?
Why did they start to investigate only after I contacted them?

Read here about many cases when the registrar closes the account and later all domains get sold.

Namesilo could inform me that this deactivation was temporal, but they never told me about that. All I heard was "It happened because you opened a dispute".

And I repeat again, I never asked Namesilo about a refund and they never refused to refund, so it was NOT the case when I requested a refund behind their back after they refused to pay.

There was no intent to scam from my side and Namesilo knew that.

Read my previous posts, which stated very clearly, I had no idea what happened to my domains and if I still own them. I had no idea if they were going to activate the account or not. And they refused to tell that.

Last edited:
•••
I want to see your reaction if tomorrow your registrar will close your account with all domains and will not respond to your question "what happened with my domains?".
Yeah, I sympathize with you just things don't always work-out as well as planned. The paypal case should be last resort sounds like you tried to contact but maybe could have tried a little harder. I didn't see anywhere if you tried a chat session before requesting paypal refund. If you go to the transfer section of namesilo and cancel you are usually refunded the transfer fee quickly. It would have been nice in hindsight if namesilo had contacted you before closing access too or restricting your account.

•••
Yeah, I sympathize with you just things don't always work-out as well as planned. The paypal case should be last resort sounds like you tried to contact but maybe could have tried a little harder. I didn't see anywhere if you tried a chat session before requesting paypal refund. If you go to the transfer section of namesilo and cancel you are usually refunded the transfer fee quickly. It would have been nice in hindsight if namesilo had contacted you before closing access too or restricting your account.
I already told, I got no help from the chat.
I opened a dispute and described the reason.
I had no idea they took a dispute issue with a such paranoya.
I got a refund and forgot about the issue.
Namesilo could read what I wrote in a dispute note and they had more than 3 week to prove I was not a scammer.
I even could understand if, when I contacted them, they would ask me to wait a few days until they check the case.
Instead, they kept silence for a few days and I had no idea if I still own my domains or not.
Imagine me with 70 or 80 domains, part of which were active sites, and I found out my account was deactivated for more than 3 weeks and now when I ask, they only blame me in opening a dispute.
I was sure they took my domains from me and were going to auction them.
I had no idea if they contacted me by mail after deactivate my account, because I couldn't get any email from them since 2019 or 2020.
Even if they tried to contact me, but why no one told me (after I contacted them) not to worry for domains and just wait a few days?

Last edited:
•••

Yeah, you could have canceled the transfers under the transfer section of namesilo if your afraid and felt you need to lock them. It's easy to cancel a transfer from godaddy to namesilo in the namesilo panel with no need to even talk to support. Last time I had a transfer fail I canceled under namesilo transfer-in section and got refunded right away, no need to dispute. However, there are plenty of registers that'd love your money so yeah I bet namesilo is lower on your choice list now.

•••
Yeah, you could have canceled the transfers under the transfer section of namesilo if your afraid and felt you need to lock them. It's easy to cancel a transfer from godaddy to namesilo in the namesilo panel with no need to even talk to support. Last time I had a transfer fail I canceled under namesilo transfer-in section and got refunded right away, no need to dispute. However, there are plenty of registers that'd love your money so yeah I bet namesilo is lower on your choice list now.
But we don't talk about the cancellation or transfer or zero help from the chat.
We talk about the issue when Namesilo had 3 weeks to check it was not a scam and I just canceled the transfer.
And, later, when I contacted them and asked about the account, no one told me it was a standard check and that they will activate it after the investigation.
Each time during 2 days when I asked them about my domains, They told me "It happened because you created a dispute".
Read my previous posts, I had no idea what was going on... I was asking about the status of my domains...
And the only answer was "it happened because you opened a dispute"

Last edited:
•••
Namesilo deactivated my account with all my domains. The problem is I never receive their emails and they knew about this issue since 2019 but they never tried to fix it.

26.05.2023 I paid Namesilo for 3 domain name transfer from another registrar, but they never were able to send me an email to continue the transfer, and live chat support denied helping me.

I don't get emails from them, so, I opened a PayPal dispute (one week later) where I clearly stated the reason for the dispute hoping Namesilo will read and solve the problem, but they just refunded me 3 minutes after the dispute was created. They even didn't try to solve the problem or respond in PayPal chat.

They deserved the dispute, but even with a dispute they could just respond to me via PayPal chat and offered to help with the transfer. But they preferred to refund and then in revenge deactivate my account with all my 70+ domains.

Now they deactivated my account with all my domains and want me to "cancel the dispute" which was already closed after they choose to refund instead to respond my complaint and try to solve the issue.

I don't understand what they want from me now - tell PayPal I am a scammer who opened a dispute for fun? What a shame of the registrar!

I am (was) their client since 2015.

PS: Finally, they told, "Your case has been assigned to our Accounts Team, they will check this case and the details provided". I have no idea what they are going to investigate, but my account is deactivated right now and I have no access to my domains and even have no idea if I still have them....

I remind the dispute was not related to a new registration.
I paid for 3 domains I had on GoDaddy and wanted to transfer them to Namesilo.
But Namesilo was unable to add them to my account.
I paid for the service I never got.
Namesilo could respond to me on PayPal and offer to help, in this case the dispute would be closed.

the good news ... namesilo doesnt make it top 5 in ui... prices ..etc departments ... so losing account there is like be banned by lada from buying their cars... the bad news is u lost time..stress.. gl

•••
the good news ... namesilo doesnt make it top 5 in ui... prices ..etc departments ... so losing account there is like be banned by lada from buying their cars... the bad news is u lost time..stress.. gl
Lada is a car? hahaha.. nice joke..
vedro s gaikami

•••
If it makes you feel better , a worse thing happened to me with GoDaddy.

All of a sudden I got an email from them regarding a security alert for my account.
They immediately blocked my account and asked me to submit by email my :

ID with photo
Email
Username
Security PIN

After I sent everything to them , I got another email where they told me my account is permanently blocked without explaining ANYTHING.
I sent several email after that , never had an answer.
Contacted their chat support, never got any help.
A month later I found out that 1 day after they blocked my account..they refunded me with the amount I paid for the domains I had in there , and almost all of them were registered again by someone else the same day.
Fortunately I had like 7 domains.

Never got an email or an explanation ever again.
My email is currently still on their blacklist.
Never found out what happened.

•••
@maya-zir I have the same issue going on. They deactivated a domain. No notice or explanation was provided. Did you ever get this resolved?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back