Domain Empire

discuss Top 50 sites in China (According to Alexa)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Chris Hydrick

Top Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The whole llll.com premium letters thing was fake.

•••
"Invented" by guys from Hong Kong. hehehe

•••
Google is chinese now - that explains a lot. :)

•••
•••
The whole llll.com premium letters thing was fake.

Not really .. a little overrated maybe though. The premium letters are for acronyms as most (possibly all) words/names in Chinese don't start with A E I O U V.

However .. actual words DO contain vowels. As such just like here, 4 letter words are much more valuable and much more used by BIG companies then 4 letter acronyms.

Obviously made up brandable "words" would also likely have vowels to be pronounceable.

That being said .. most 4L CVCV were already gobbled up ages ago .. so as an investment class where you'd like see more actual trading between domainers (because the names are not end use yet) the next best thing (arguably) is 4L acronyms.

I personally don't like the 4L investment class .. just too expensive to buy in to be worth the risk/reward. It's a good investment if you can predict the start of a bubble before it gets too far .. otherwise it's the same as playing the stock market .. it can go up .. and it can go down. All with the longshot of finding an end user at 3x-5x .. I'd rather grab a ton of solid 2 word .com for the same price!

•••
I personally don't even consider domain name do anything in ranking, but hey I like short, catchy and memorable domain name.

Now after reading my line look at the list again you will find what I telling.

•••
The premium letters are for acronyms as most (possibly all) words/names in Chinese don't start with A E I O U V.

However .. actual words DO contain vowels. As such just like here, 4 letter words are much more valuable and much more used by BIG companies then 4 letter acronyms

Thanks for the explanation.

Was this the same pretense to 5L chips?

I saw a 5L chip being promoted in game 7 of the mlb world series last night. I thought it was LLHRD.com for Little League Home Run Derby. But that redirected me to wellbet238.net/zh-cn/index.php When I was first redirected I was concerned my browser was going to be hijacked, or a number of other concerns that can come from visiting unknown sites.

The actual 5L chip being promoted was JRHRD.com and that is used as a redirect to mlb.com/junior-homerun-derby

•••
I never understand CHIP.

•••
•••
in future maybe 10% websites and in alexa in top

•••
Sorry, I forgot chip contained a vowel.

D y ndrstnd CHP?

Just re-read what I wrote. Apologies if it sounded rude.

@Kassey Lee - What I mean is you've been educating the community on chinese domains for a while now. So what do you mean when you say, "I don't understand CHIP?"

Last edited:
•••
Man, that's pretty amazing. Makes me think of the times back in the 90's when everyone knew like five websites and people were still using AOL...haha...I can't remember the last time I used that. Internet has grown since then.
More sites that I know should be on that list. Maybe if people promoted their websites more, I would see more familiar names on that list.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back