NameSilo

information Transfer on hold - Security check

Spaceship
Watch

DNGear

Swetha.xyzAccount Closed (Requested)
Impact
Someone bought my domain in Sedo. The status is showing Transfer on hold - Security check.

Our system recently flagged the transfer of the domain xxxxxx.com due to security reasons. We have contacted the buyer and asked for verification documents.

Can anyone tell me what was that status? Thanks for your input.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think Sedo is trying to determine if the buyer is the person authorized to use the payment method. For instance, if the buyer paid with a card, they are making sure he or she is the legitimate user.

Something similar happened to me recently when I sold a name. However, my message did not include the words "flagged" and "security".

•••
Our system recently flagged the transfer of the domain xxxxxxx.com due to security reasons.

To make domain transfers as secure as possible for you, we investigate these incidents and sometimes request additional information from involved customers. If your assistance is needed we will contact you separately.

Please note we have temporarily suspended the domain transfer until the security check has been completed. We will inform you as soon as we can proceed with the technical transfer of the domain.

Thank you in advance for your patience during this process.

This is the second message from them.

•••
just be patient.
Sedo has to verify every buyer. It all depends on how quick buyer sends the necessary documents to sedo

•••
Here is the final response from Sedo:

Please be aware that marketplace integrity and security are of the highest value at Sedo.
During a review by our marketplace security team we have assessed a security issue.
Sedo will therefore not proceed with the transaction at this point.

If you have already removed the transfer lock for the domain and provided the auth code / EPP code, kindly re-lock the domain immediately and modify the auth code, if possible. Thus the domain can no longer be transferred.

The suspension of the transfer in no way affects the Purchase & Sales Agreement between the seller and the buyer. In case you and the buyer agree to continue the transaction, Sedo may proceed with the transfer.

If you have any questions or concerns regarding the cancellation of this transaction, please submit an inquiry through our Customer Support Center athttp://support.sedo.com. Under the Ask a Question section, select the following Area and Topic:

Area: Transfers & Escrow
Topic: Security

We apologize for any inconvenience and hope you understand the critical nature of our actions to ensure a safe and trusted exchange platform.

What security problem might trigger the Sale cancellation in sedo?? Any thoughts?

Thanks

Last edited:
•••

The suspension of the transfer in no way affects the Purchase & Sales Agreement between the seller and the buyer.

does this mean you cannot accept a different offer?

•••
They cancelled the sale. I did not get whats their problem.

•••
•••
did anyone know this buyer bychance.

modena salah jedidi.

They just gave me the buyer's name and address.

•••
did anyone know this buyer bychance.
m..... s..... j....
They just gave me the buyer's name and address.

Have you considered making direct contact with the buyer to inquire about completing the sale outside of Sedo, perhaps in a private sale using Escrow?

Since the buyer has most likely received the same Sedo messages, you might also consider re-listing the name at another platform, such as Godaddy, and invite the buyer to make the purchase there.

Another option is to simply call Sedo and speak to someone direct who can be more precise with the actual reason, rather than a vague statement of 'security issue' sent in an email. Congrats, and best of luck.

•••
How can i contact the buyer? They are not giving email or phone number.
Yes, I relisted in GD.

•••
Is there no dialogue box in your Sedo account when you view the transaction? I thought there was a way to message the buyer, and/or the Sedo Rep, direct from your Sedo account. I haven't used Sedo for some time, so perhaps this has changed.

•••
No, There is no other way to contact the buyer, except the sedo team.

•••
I'm currently having same experince. How did it eventually went @DNGear

1648297310182.png

•••
Fake buyer..Or CC verification. G/ood luck!

•••
Fake buyer..Or CC verification. G/ood luck!
It's a $53k BIN which should be a WIRE payment. If is fake, then that sucks. Thanks for your response.

•••
•••
Is there no dialogue box in your Sedo account when you view the transaction? I thought there was a way to message the buyer, and/or the Sedo Rep, direct from your Sedo account. I haven't used Sedo for some time, so perhaps this has changed.
in the dashboard for sedo there is a list menu CHOOSE [TRASNFER CENTER] to see the buyer details at least what they have listed. I a considering reaching out but not sure how safe it is to do so. Looks like this under transfer agreement document

Attachments

• sedobuyername.png
    sedobuyername.png
    97.3 KB · Views: 32
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back